Dave Campbell's magazine out this morning in Waco

Just heard on the news that West Rusk is ranked #2 and Arp is ranked #13 in D1-2A. Daingerfield is ranked #1 in D1-2A and the #1 team overall. Tenaha ranked #1 in D2-1A. 4A's and 5A's received to many top rankings to remember. Congrats to all the recognized teams, it looks to be a stellar season on Friday nights here in East Texas.

Just heard on the news that West Rusk is ranked #2 and Arp is ranked #13 in D1-2A. Daingerfield is ranked #1 in D1-2A and the #1 team overall. Tenaha ranked #1 in D2-1A. 4A's and 5A's received to many top rankings to remember. Congrats to all the recognized teams, it looks to be a stellar season on Friday nights here in East Texas.

Also heard the TV report on Dave Campbell's picks. Here are some other news on the upper classifications (East TX) and their pre-season rankings

5A (East TX teams) State rankings

Lufkin 14th

Tyler Lee 21st

Longview 24th

4A (East TX teams) State rankings

JT - 8th

TX. High -19th

S. Springs 21st

These are the only teams mentioned on the TV show in the upper classifications. Nothing mentioned about Marshall or Whitehouse rankings in 4A. This was a Tyler TV station . I will buy a copy of the magazine as soon as I can find one.

Anybody have the 4a top 25 complete list? When is the official release date around Texas?

The release date is the 14th, but check stores like WalMart or a Barnes and Noble this weekend as see if they have them. Looks like I'm going to have to drive 50 miles to Waco and get my copy!!

Congrats to West Rusk on the recognition. Pressure is on you guys...... keep em level headed and we are pulling for you till we play. great for the town of New London. :notworthy: by the way Arp is # 3 not # 13

Baylor is being left out of the Pac-10 because they're religiously affiliated (I think Baylor fits in a millions times better than Colorado). Ironic is that if A&M goes to the SEC, the Pac-10 may pick up Utah instead. I guess that is their way of saying Baptist are wrong but Mormons are ok.

The only Pac-10 member to publicly object to Baylor for religious regions is California-Berzerkly. You think Austin is liberal; you haven't seen an anything goes mentality until you have visited Cal and the surrounding area.

Baylor has had 14 years to bring their football program up to Big 12 standards and they still are just sniffing at the middle of the pack.

I think the Bears have a great coach and that they are on the right track, but it may be too little, too late.

Baylor fans are quick to point say what about basketball...hoops doesn't appear to be helping Kansas any at this point and the Jayhawks are obviously well ahead of the Bears.

The only Pac-10 member to publicly object to Baylor for religious regions is California-Berzerkly. You think Austin is liberal; you haven't seen an anything goes mentality until you have visited Cal and the surrounding area.

Baylor has had 14 years to bring their football program up to Big 12 standards and they still are just sniffing at the middle of the pack.

I think the Bears have a great coach and that they are on the right track, but it may be too little, too late.

Baylor fans are quick to point say what about basketball...hoops doesn't appear to be helping Kansas any at this point and the Jayhawks are obviously well ahead of the Bears.

basketball isn't going to help, but the Pac-10 is a hardcore baseball conference and that is one thing Baylor is good at, as well as track. in women's sports the Baylor girls would be super competitive. Doesn't look like it matters though as Baylor is probably Conference USA or Mountain West bound.