Conference 3A Division II – 4:00 p.m.

Conference 4A Division II – 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Conference 4A Division I – 12:00 p.m.

Conference 5A Division II – 4:00 p.m.

Conference 5A Division I – 8:00 p.m.

Shotwell Stadium – Abilene

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Conference 1A 6-Man Division II – 2:00 p.m.

Conference 1A 6-Man Division I – 7:00 p.m.

Vernon Newsom Stadium – Mansfield

Friday, December 17, 2010

Conference 1A Division II – 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Conference 1A Division I – 12:00 p.m.

Conference 2A Division II – 4:00 p.m.

Conference 2A Division I – 8:00 p.m.

don't get me wrong, Vernon Newsom is a REALLY nice high school stadium...but I don't like putting the small schools there...Its like congratulations you've made the state championship, while 3a, 4a and 5a get to play in the stadium every kid in Texas dreams of, you get to go play in a high school stadium. I would've like to see the UIL try to get at SMU or something of the sort. I was at the Carthage-Graham game there and I thought it was a great atmosphere for a high school game

It is a very nice place

image_gallery_mansfieldstadium_05.jpg

392.jpg

HOLDS around 11,000

thats a nice stadium and all but if crockett lucks up and makes it to the champiohship game this stadium will be too small.when they start winning the fans return in droves sad to say but they do.i have been to this stadium btw.went for the cuyuga game.

11,000 seats does sound a little small for some 2A schools. I've seen some 2A teams that could definitely having standing room only on their side, especially at a championship game.

Maybe its just me but Id rather have a standing room only place to play state game than a 60% empty one...

Another thing I could care less where Tatum plays the next time they make it to state. I just hope Im alive..

Maybe its just me but Id rather have a standing room only place to play state game than a 60% empty one...

Another thing I could care less where Tatum plays the next time they make it to state. I just hope Im alive..

I hear ya. It wouldn't matter if they played in a pasture somewhere just so long as they are playing for a championship. :thumbsup: I also don't mind a stadium that is not too big, either, but I do like the idea of having enough seats where everyone will be able to sit, though.

I was in Dallas on business on Monday and I drove past Mansfield's Stadium. It is very impressive. This information about the state championship sites came down about the same time and I can easily see why they're hosting championship games.

Smoaky

Crockett fans would not fill the stadium. They can't even fill their own anymore. I am from there so I am not a Crockett basher...and I wish them luck.

YOU DEAD WRONG THERE,JUST LOOK HOW THE CROWD JUMPED DURING THE BASKETBALL PLAYOFFS.

REMEMBER CAYUGA FILLED THIS STADIUM MAN I WAS THERE.THIS STADUM WONT WORK FOR A LARGER 2A SCHOOL.

Crockett fans would not fill the stadium. They can't even fill their own anymore. I am from there so I am not a Crockett basher...and I wish them luck.

thats a nice stadium and all but if crockett lucks up and makes it to the champiohship game this stadium will be too small.when they start winning the fans return in droves sad to say but they do.i have been to this stadium btw.went for the cuyuga game.

DO YALL EVER READ A COMPLET POST.

And, I'm on record as wanting the games to be played based on who is playing, with coaches agreement than determined sites.

BUT--as a former military brat, I'm used to change, so let's see how it goes.

Smoaky

most of the other sports championships are played in austin at predetermined sites so why the fuss in football.this way gives the kids in the upper classes a chance to play in the best stadium in the world

even if you dont like jerry jones.JMO

I'll tell you this --- I don't care if its Mansfield, Mexico or the back yard of someone's house.......If I'm coaching or playing in the State Championship game I really don't care where it is.

I have been to Mansfield to see a game, and it is really nice. But what is going to be bad is that a lot of the 4:00 game people, along with some "neutral" fans will already have a seat by the time the big schools(Daingerfield, Tatum, Crockett, whoever) gets to the stadium. And people who already have a seat will not be getting up to let someone else have it. Would be ashame for an every game fan to have to sit near the goalline or worse, not get a seat.

Really? Nothing like going to Mansfield for a State CHampionship Game!! Nothing against them, but really!? At least go to Waco or SMU!

You have never been to Mansfield have you?

Stadium is highly underated..

I understand why the UIL uses predeterminded sites, but I my personal opinion I would rather the site be determined by the school districts in the championship game. This could be a disadvantage for one team or the other. For example in the 2008 5A Div. II game, Wylie vs. Katy, the game was played at Reliant Stadium in Houston, which was basically a home game for the Tigers who were just right up the road. Also, what if the teams playing are both in the same area, lets say the San Antonio area for example, the game could bring in a lot of support in that area for both teams, but with the predetermined sites they would have to both travel to the metroplex. I understand for the entertainment/marketing part of the business, but would rather it be the other way.

I understand why the UIL uses predeterminded sites, but I my personal opinion I would rather the site be determined by the school districts in the championship game. This could be a disadvantage for one team or the other. For example in the 2008 5A Div. II game, Wylie vs. Katy, the game was played at Reliant Stadium in Houston, which was basically a home game for the Tigers who were just right up the road. Also, what if the teams playing are both in the same area, lets say the San Antonio area for example, the game could bring in a lot of support in that area for both teams, but with the predetermined sites they would have to both travel to the metroplex. I understand for the entertainment/marketing part of the business, but would rather it be the other way.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but you misunderstand what the UIL is doing if you think this has anything to do with what is best for the teams (kids), and communities involved. The new slogan of the UIL is simple: :nowhearthis: SHOW ME THE MONEY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nowhearthis: