District 7-2A Division II

easttexan

Wow I was impressed with the passing game of Rivercrest. They will do well in district.

Pewitt 65 Rivercrest 39

Cooper 34 Paris Chisum 13

Anyone get the Como-Pickton/De Kalb score.

De Kalb 27 Como 23....Como has a pretty darn good passing game as well. #1 is a burner, and can run a route!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams have pretty explosive offenses. Defensively I believe the edge goes to Cooper, they have held some good offenses to low scores. Cooper has a lot of speed, which gave Pewitt problems against Clarksville. I believe that it is a pretty evenly matched game, with the winner being decided by whoever shows up to play Friday. Good luck to both teams. I will try to have a in-depth game outlook posted later in the week. If anyone can contribute any information that would be great.

Chisum @ Dekalb

Common opponets

Chisum 21 Prairland 6---Dekalb 13 Prairland 10

Chisum 13 Hooks 36----Dekalb 20 Hooks 48

I'll go by the fieldhouse Monday and tell 'em no need to worry about playing Friday nite....the results of the comparisons are in (from non-district games of course), and De Kalb falls to Chisum by virtue of a 25 point deficit.

Dang....we almost had it!! :rofl: :rofl:

I'll go by the fieldhouse Monday and tell 'em no need to worry about playing Friday nite....the results of the comparisons are in (from non-district games of course), and De Kalb falls to Chisum by virtue of a 25 point deficit.

Dang....we almost had it!! :rofl: :rofl:

You may be a little surprised when you see Chisum. Dont laugh to much.

You may be a little surprised when you see Chisum. Dont laugh to much.

Don't misunderstand my laughter...it's at the notion that we should base predictions of games yet to be played on games played previously....in non-district play.

As for the game itself, we'll just have to wait till Friday. I'll pick De Kalb in a close one. And hope for the best!

Just funning with you some on the comparison...no offense intended. :hug:

Really? :icon_eek: Were we loaded last year? I dont think so in fact I think the offense looks better than it has in years! They will outscore cooper and get the win...

I think the lack of speed is actually from the defensive side of the ball. Losing Gulley, Braddock, Morton, and Betts is making this happen. I think the replacements for Morton and Braddock are the only speed difference. But the lack of Gulley and Betts helping Nix on the line is causing our LB'ers to get lost in the shuffle creating a slow appearance.

Offensively we are quicker but that is mainly because we were able to mask the losses better. Jarvis has a quicker burst than McFarland. Justin is slower than Braddock but they are worlds apart in the styles.

I think we will start playing faster on Defense once the boys start believing in the defense again. I could see or hear the difference last week in the hitting. Now they just need to get their assignments right and correct that.