Whitehouse baseball coach vacancy

wildcat23

couldnt find the other thread to keep up with so started another one. any word yet on who's in the running?

I heard today from someone that the Coach Jenkins from White Oak was getting it. Can't confirm or deny that though.

I heard today from someone that the Coach Jenkins from White Oak was getting it. Can't confirm or deny that though.

if they do get jenkins from white oak, they are getting a true winner. what he has taught my son about baseball this past year will hopefully carry him over his next 2 years at white oak. as ive heard him say numerous of times- "all i do is win, if we lose its their fault". i believe in that philosiphy as well. my son IS and WILL be a smarter ball player becuase of the teachings he recieved from him. yes he was unapproachable and not a parent-friendly coach BUT the way he taught those kids brought out the best in them. he took a team this year that i thought wasnt very good and that he even stated wasnt very good and took them to another state run. its not the players that get you there, its all the coaching they received and how to put all the pieces togeather to make a team great. im looking forward to another state run next year and i just hope we get a coach with the same values he had. good luck coach in whitehouse. i know you will finally make them winners.

if they do get jenkins from white oak, they are getting a true winner. what he has taught my son about baseball this past year will hopefully carry him over his next 2 years at white oak. as ive heard him say numerous of times- "all i do is win, if we lose its their fault". i believe in that philosiphy as well. my son IS and WILL be a smarter ball player becuase of the teachings he recieved from him. yes he was unapproachable and not a parent-friendly coach BUT the way he taught those kids brought out the best in them. he took a team this year that i thought wasnt very good and that he even stated wasnt very good and took them to another state run. its not the players that get you there, its all the coaching they received and how to put all the pieces togeather to make a team great. im looking forward to another state run next year and i just hope we get a coach with the same values he had. good luck coach in whitehouse. i know you will finally make them winners.

????? huh! not sure how to take this

I think your assessment about the players is a little off, the team has been good for the last 3 or 4 seasons. wo had a lot of good players lots! bunch of them are going on playing at college. He certainly had an eye for talent and how to put in the right spot. I mean where did the 15-0 kid come from? He had to be grooming that kid for this year. As for parent friendly, well if that is the case then it won't be easy where ever he goes sounds like you have some first hand knowledge. I hope some one puts the news on here soon about any coaching changes if there is any and then everyone can move on.

Is Robey officially gone, I have yet to find any of this in the news.

Yes - Coach Robey is officially gone. He is going to Cushing ISD where he will be the boys baseball coach. One factor leading to his leaving is an offer to his wife to coach girls sports in Cushing - a role she had wanted in Whitehouse but was never offered. Coach Robey will do fine in Cushing and it is probably a better fit for his family.

There have been several interviews for the baseball coaching position in Whitehouse, but I truely believe the decision has not been made yet. There are several key positions to be filled on the WHS coaching staff this summer.

Ok I am no fan of White Oak in the least but I will be one of the first ones to tell you they had talent and downplaying that is plum ridiculous. Their catcher, short stop, and junior pitcher were all excellent ball players with natural talent for the game. Not going to knock the coach because I don't know him personally, and don't care, but that being said I have played enough baseball to know that the coach alone does not get you to a state finals birth two years in a row. A coach can make the right lineup, teach you all the right things, but the game is played by the players, NOT the coaches and a good coach will tell you that. My college coach who I respected greatly always said a great coach gives credit to the players when he wins and takes credit for all the losses. To be a dad you sure are throwing your son and his teammates under the bus if you really are even a players dad.

I think your assessment about the players is a little off, the team has been good for the last 3 or 4 seasons. wo had a lot of good players lots! bunch of them are going on playing at college. He certainly had an eye for talent and how to put in the right spot. I mean where did the 15-0 kid come from? He had to be grooming that kid for this year. As for parent friendly, well if that is the case then it won't be easy where ever he goes sounds like you have some first hand knowledge. I hope some one puts the news on here soon about any coaching changes if there is any and then everyone can move on.

His assessment of the players is not a little off, its way off! As far as the 15-0 kid, there are only two people responsible for his grooming, one is the kid himself, and the other is in Henderson.

Ok I am no fan of White Oak in the least but I will be one of the first ones to tell you they had talent and downplaying that is plum ridiculous. Their catcher, short stop, and junior pitcher were all excellent ball players with natural talent for the game. Not going to knock the coach because I don't know him personally, and don't care, but that being said I have played enough baseball to know that the coach alone does not get you to a state finals birth two years in a row. A coach can make the right lineup, teach you all the right things, but the game is played by the players, NOT the coaches and a good coach will tell you that. My college coach who I respected greatly always said a great coach gives credit to the players when he wins and takes credit for all the losses. To be a dad you sure are throwing your son and his teammates under the bus if you really are even a players dad.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Excellent post ! Spot On. :happy65:

Yes - Coach Robey is officially gone. He is going to Cushing ISD where he will be the boys baseball coach. One factor leading to his leaving is an offer to his wife to coach girls sports in Cushing - a role she had wanted in Whitehouse but was never offered. Coach Robey will do fine in Cushing and it is probably a better fit for his family.

There have been several interviews for the baseball coaching position in Whitehouse, but I truely believe the decision has not been made yet. There are several key positions to be filled on the WHS coaching staff this summer.

I went to school with Coach Robey from 6th grade all the way through our senior year. Great person and he knows his baseball, its in there family blood. Congrat's to Coach Robey and good luck in Cushing.

His assessment of the players is not a little off, its way off! As far as the 15-0 kid, there are only two people responsible for his grooming, one is the kid himself, and the other is in Henderson.

I wish you White Oak lovers/haters would start your own post so you don't get this one removed again. This post, and the original one, deals with the Whitehouse baseball coach vacancy.