Daingerfield Linebackers

KingKong2

I think King was more talented than anybody than they've had in the recent past. For people that didn't see him play, it may be hard to believe. He had size, speed to burn, and was a hitter. Oh yeah, and great instincts. That's not to say that one of their recent or current LBers won't have a better collegiate career. But IMO, King was a better HS LBer.

• Like 3

Daingerfield has been having a great linebacker core for a couple of years but do you think any of them is as good as David King

yes...king had a ton of physical ability but this game than requires more than physical gifts to be successful

he signed with Kansas State like 8 to 10 years ago he was 6'2 240 and ran a 4.4 and 10.8 in the 100 m

He signed with Kansas State. I think he ended up playing one year with TJC. David was first team All-State as a sophomore in 98, spent much of the 99 season injured and rebounded to have another All-State season in 2000. He was very big and intimidating but I would pick Steve Edmond if I had a choice of the two.

Steve Edmond is the most talented LB DF has ever had and may ever have.

I know Edmonds is a beast, but apparently you didn't see much of Mr King. This guy was a monster. I know cause I aw him knock my boys Jefferson around for 3 years. Words can't describe what that kid was doing. I think the Edmunds kid is more of a defensive end type(not taking nothing from him), King was more compact and his arms were huge.

• Like 1

I played against David King and he was a really good player..however he wasn't even the best linebacker we played that year. We played Jimmy Wilkerson at Pewitt and "Tick" Johnson" at Hooks and felt like they were better players if you tried to run right at them. King was great sideline to sideline but not as strong if you ran right at him.

He was by far the most intimidating player. And it is too bad he couldn't use his abilities to get himself a college education.

• LOL! 1

I played against David King and he was a really good player..however he wasn't even the best linebacker we played that year. We played Jimmy Wilkerson at Pewitt and "Tick" Johnson" at Hooks and felt like they were better players if you tried to run right at them. King was great sideline to sideline but not as strong if you ran right at him.

He was by far the most intimidating player. And it is too bad he couldn't use his abilities to get himself a college education.

He was a soph and I know Wilkerson was a sr. It was a very small difference at that, if at all!

What is he doing now in Frisco? Is he totally out of football. I am guessing he did not get his degree at K-State, but did he finish anywhere else?

He said he was just working and him and his girlfriend have a house up here. Im pretty sure he never got a degree. I know he didn't from KState, he wasnt there long at all.

I know Edmonds is a beast, but apparently you didn't see much of Mr King. This guy was a monster. I know cause I aw him knock my boys Jefferson around for 3 years. Words can't describe what that kid was doing. I think the Edmunds kid is more of a defensive end type(not taking nothing from him), King was more compact and his arms were huge.

you are corect I did not see King, I was fighting for our country during his High School career. But if you look at the recruit ranking alone Edmond is concidered one the best in the country. I also have seen Steve play and thought he is one the best HS LB's I have seen in years 1A-5A. and further more none this really matters anyway. Give Edmond credit without trying to compare or put down. Remember Edmond isn't out of school yet. That says a lot!

you are corect I did not see King, I was fighting for our country during his High School career. But if you look at the recruit ranking alone Edmond is concidered one the best in the country. I also have seen Steve play and thought he is one the best HS LB's I have seen in years 1A-5A. and further more none this really matters anyway. Give Edmond credit without trying to compare or put down. Remember Edmond isn't out of school yet. That says a lot!

NOBODY is putting Big Steve down. If you say Manning is better then Brady, your not putting Brady down. Big Steve knows everybody in Dfield loves him and what he has done!

• Love 1

NOBODY is putting Big Steve down. If you say Manning is better then Brady, your not putting Brady down. Big Steve knows everybody in Dfield loves him and what he has done!

then why compare them. Differant teams, Differant sizes, hell even differant recruiting bases. I say just give them both credit and not worry about who was better because it really doesn't matter anyway. Steve is playing at a HS level and King has been gone for 11 years. Stories get taller as they get older. By the way we are talking HS not NFL..

then why compare them. Differant teams, Differant sizes, hell even differant recruiting bases. I say just give them both credit and not worry about who was better because it really doesn't matter anyway. Steve is playing at a HS level and King has been gone for 11 years. Stories get taller as they get older. By the way we are talking HS not NFL..

O I thought we were comparing players!

• Like 1