Daingerfield Linebackers

KingKong2

On 11/7/2022 at 7:30 PM, KrookedWolfe said:

The way I remember it was Randy Woods, Mark Rowe and Carlton Walker. 83. State Champs 42-0 vs Sweeny

84 was Ladd Freeman, Carlton Walker, Gene Rowe. State Finalist lost to Medina Valley 14-7

85 Anthony Fisher, Ashley Lewis and Tony Johnson . State Champion vs Cuero 47-22.... Cuero had Brab Gobble and Robert Straight that went on to Baylor and handled business. 

Tiger Pride 

83 was Ladd Freeman, Randy Woods,Mark Rowe

84 was Vince Malone. Carlton Walker, Gene Rowe

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 1:35 PM, coachc45 said:

83 was Ladd Freeman, Randy Woods,Mark Rowe

84 was Vince Malone. Carlton Walker, Gene Rowe

Pear(Anthony Fisher) was my cousin...he was a complete wild man...I seen him hurdle a car once when i was a little kid...he and my Uncle Matthew was the same grade.

On 11/1/2022 at 4:50 AM, MuleSlicks said:

David King was mean.  He wanted the RBs scared of him and succeeded many times in my opinion.  Edmonds was smarter, just as aggressive, but lacked that meanness. I can't really say which was better, but I'll give King the edge, cause I enjoyed watching him make RBs eat dirt.  

Edmonds was great at making tackles 8 - 10 yards downfield .... he was part of the worst group of linebackers at U Texas in 50 years ..... That said, Edmonds was an outstanding high school player .....

Joe Bob Thompson was and is a legend. Smart, physical, and always in the right place at the right time.

J.B. was a stud at Daingerfield and at Rice.

And… he used his football skill with his brain to make a helluva name and career for himself AFTER football. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 11/24/2022 at 4:20 AM, puttjones99 said:

Unc graduated in 86 I think...I remember he broke his hand the 1st kickoff of the year and missed a lot if not all of his senior year for '85 football 

Class of 86 definitely had some tough players. Ashley Lewis had his jaw broken and was on the field and played the following weeks with his jaw wired shut. Coach Alexander and Mayfield  recognized the grit and let him play. 

• Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2022 at 10:57 AM, KrookedWolfe said:

Class of 86 definitely had some tough players. Ashley Lewis had his jaw broken and was on the field and played the following weeks with his jaw wired shut. Coach Alexander and Mayfield  recognized the grit and let him play. 

Being Class of '86 I have to agree.

Lewis, Fisher, Lipham were some bad dudes at LB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coachc45 said:

Fisher was a JR in '85 tho.  Grade behind us.

Yessir Joe was definitely a good one too. I thought Fisher was with y'all? Really the 85 team doesn't get recognized as much because of the success of 83. The Tigers were good in 84 before falling to Medina Valley at State and 86 was good before falling to Jeffy. Jeffy went on to beat Cuero at state that year. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2010 at 11:30 PM, seminolefan said:

although steve is an awesome linebacker, dave was just ridiculous. i still have the highlight tape from his senior year and he is in pretty much every play. just my opinion

I didn't get to see David his senior year...could you share the film with me?

On 12/10/2022 at 7:43 AM, GoBigBlue said:

Another to mention is Jimmy Chism. Fischer was an assassin as well. 

He was a good one, prolly the strongest of them all. Their class just wasn't as successful. Southlake Carroll was a monster.  I think that's who put them out. 

Edited by KrookedWolfe

54 minutes ago, GoBigBlue said:

That’s my class and yes we lost to them.  We went 12-1 and lost to the State Champion.  Our class lost 4 games period from 7-12th. Not too shabby. 

Agreed, not too shabby at all.  Good skill positions, OL and DL. DA was still coach. You guys were solid for sure 💪