District 11 2A Div 1

quickkick

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I beg to differ sir. The road in 2A is not going to be as easy for CKT as they think. Malakoff has important players coming back and of course Teague has numerous move ins from successful programs. We will see! CKT has more to worry about than the teams in their district.

Destroying the Masters

Crockett wins the district, but with a couple of tough wins over Teague and Malakoff. The homegrown speed that Teague has, is the same speed Crockett has year in and year out. Malakoff is a very well coached team, and has some solid talent as well. I just feel like last year was an abboration and Crockett will be much better than some people expect.

1. Crockett

2. Teague

3. Malakoff

4. Troup

5. Trinity

6. Elkhart

Crockett is the favorite in this district. It will be a showdown for 2 and 3 between Teague and Malakoff. Troup shows flashes of a great team but can't play a solid game. Trinity shold have a slight edge on Elkhart. Elkhart is back on the bottom again.

the Championship will come down to Troup and Crockett. Troup is finally going to use the great speed the way they should have years ago and that will make them one the better teams around.

1.Crockett

2.Troup (new coaches hired just for their spread experience) look out troup has speed to burn

3.Teague

Would not be surprised if Troup wins it.

Teague wins because of discipline and hard work, yes the speed will help

lorena leopards

11/27/09

TBA

Coldspring-Oakhurst (Coldspring, TX) ***

33-29 (W)

12/04/09

TBA

Carthage (Carthage, TX) ***

21-28 (L)

madisonville mustangs

Navasota (Navasota, TX) *

16-21 (L)

navasota rattlers

Gilmer (Gilmer, TX) ***

crockett had coldspring beat like a drum

Coldspring-Oakhurst (Coldspring, TX)

26-32 (L)

crocket had several scores called back but didnt play well at madisonville.

@ Madisonville (Madisonville, TX)

0-6 (L)

this may not prove anything but yall can convince yourself all you want that teauge,troup,malakoff will give them a game but i am telling you crockett is a better team than you realize.they were very young last year also they had ups and downs of a young team.

Crockett is the favorite with Teague, Malakoff, and possibly Troup fight for the other 2 spots.

Troup going to the spread? This shoud be interesting....I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how they do with the new scheme. Troup always has a pretty good team....throw the spread in the mix along with their speed and you have a potential contender in this district. We'll have to see how long it takes for the spread to get infused in Troup.

I understand Teague has a lot to be excited about with their new Coach and Quarterback, and I feel like they will be a solid playoff team, but I think the district title runs through Crockett and Malakoff.

Crockett's success will have little to do with dropping down to 2A. They were extremely young last year, and have a lot of size and speed where it counts. I think if they remained in 3A, they would have competed well, and possibly made the playoffs there.

I THINK YOU WORRIED MY PREDICTION WILL COME TRUE JUST LIKE THE BASKETBALL ONE DID.

Eagleborn doesnt get worried about predictions..

Also, yall were pretty good in basketball last year.

25 ret lettermen

7 off st

9 def st

and even this is flawed cause only 2 seniors played a full time role last year.truth be known only 1 senior really contributed to the team.

WOW with all that then yall should go from 1-9 to 5-6.. No shame in that..

i think crockett is the team to beat and i know they are returning a lot of talent.malakoff,teague and troup should fight it out for the other 2 spots.there will be a lot of factors in this district with malakoff being the only team coming back with a winning record.can crockett and teague bounce back from 1-9 records,history says -yes.both teams return lots of starters and are not used to losing.can malakoff sustain what they did last year and troup has reason to believe as well.you can come up with all the stats you want but one thing for sure the teague lions arent afraid of the crockett bulldogs and we will see yall in the district opener in crockett.

i think crockett is the team to beat and i know they are returning a lot of talent.malakoff,teague and troup should fight it out for the other 2 spots.there will be a lot of factors in this district with malakoff being the only team coming back with a winning record.can crockett and teague bounce back from 1-9 records,history says -yes.both teams return lots of starters and are not used to losing.can malakoff sustain what they did last year and troup has reason to believe as well.you can come up with all the stats you want but one thing for sure the teague lions arent afraid of the crockett bulldogs and we will see yall in the district opener in crockett.

Very well put. There are way too many questions for each team out there to make any solid predictions. I think we can all safely say that nobody will back down from any of their opponents. Elkhart is excited about Adair taking over. Trinity wants to bounce back to winning. Troup has a successful program that doesn't stay down long, and the same goes for Crockett and Teague. Malakoff picked up a winning season, and I'm sure those kids want more. It is going to be a very physical district week in and week out.

You might of lost to a lot of good teams in 3-A, but you still went 1-9 and until you improve that, then you can start talkin about givin' royal beatdowns. You talk about your 9 starters coming back on defense, how are they gonna fair under their new defensive scheme or are they keeping the same one they had? Is Crockett gonna be disciplined enough to give out royal beatdowns? Will they stay eligible? As far as I'm concerned, Crockett has just as many questions as Teague, Troup, Trinity, and Elkhart. Personally, I think Malakoff is the favorite right now. In year 2 of Coach Driskell's system and Crockett folks all know a Driskell is gonna put a well-rounded team on the field. Malakoff returns 5/6 and will have a solid O-line to run behind. I hear they have a strong Sr. class. Teague returns 5/7 with McClain coming in from Maud to handle the QB duties. With him and Busby in the backfield, they give a 1-2 punch, but I personally believe the strength will be on the defensive side of the ball. One thing about Teague, they are going to hit you in the mouth. Don't know too much about Troup but read where they return some starters and a back who has some good speed. I really don't see Trinity and Elkhart doing much, but thats why they play the game. Good luck to all teams

royal beatdowns? the last time(2002) teague traveled to crockett, the crockett radio guys were saying - the bulldogs were going to take the lions out behind the wood shed and give them a (you know what).well it didnt happen then as the lions came away with the win.i like the chance of history repeating itself in the district opener this year when the lions come to crockett despite the chance of a royal beatdown.

royal beatdowns? the last time(2002) teague traveled to crockett, the crockett radio guys were saying - the bulldogs were going to take the lions out behind the wood shed and give them a (you know what).well it didnt happen then as the lions came away with the win.i like the chance of history repeating itself in the district opener this year when the lions come to crockett despite the chance of a royal beatdown.

that game was meaningless.