madisonville mustangs

Navasota (Navasota, TX) *

16-21 (L)

navasota rattlers

Gilmer (Gilmer, TX) ***

crockett had coldspring beat like a drum

Coldspring-Oakhurst (Coldspring, TX)

26-32 (L)

crocket had several scores called back but didnt play well at madisonville.

@ Madisonville (Madisonville, TX)

0-6 (L)

this may not prove anything but yall can convince yourself all you want that teauge,troup,malakoff will give them a game but i am telling you crockett is a better team than you realize.they were very young last year also they had ups and downs of a young team.

some of ya'll are not putting 2 + 2 together

as is

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might of lost to a lot of good teams in 3-A, but you still went 1-9 and until you improve that, then you can start talkin about givin' royal beatdowns. You talk about your 9 starters coming back on defense, how are they gonna fair under their new defensive scheme or are they keeping the same one they had? Is Crockett gonna be disciplined enough to give out royal beatdowns? Will they stay eligible? As far as I'm concerned, Crockett has just as many questions as Teague, Troup, Trinity, and Elkhart. Personally, I think Malakoff is the favorite right now. In year 2 of Coach Driskell's system and Crockett folks all know a Driskell is gonna put a well-rounded team on the field. Malakoff returns 5/6 and will have a solid O-line to run behind. I hear they have a strong Sr. class. Teague returns 5/7 with McClain coming in from Maud to handle the QB duties. With him and Busby in the backfield, they give a 1-2 punch, but I personally believe the strength will be on the defensive side of the ball. One thing about Teague, they are going to hit you in the mouth. Don't know too much about Troup but read where they return some starters and a back who has some good speed. I really don't see Trinity and Elkhart doing much, but thats why they play the game. Good luck to all teams

so by your estimates a 4a team dropping down from a tough district being young and going 1-9 in that district wouldnt do any better in 3a yea and you better push away from the bar pal.

that game was meaningless.

maybe to you that game was meaningless but it propelled teague to the play-offs and crockett stayed home as mexia and fairfield also went to the play-offs.now you want to talk about meaningless games those games you keep refering to are meaningless as to what might happen this year.what happened last year -well happened last year.

i know crockett will be good this year but not convinced as you are how great they will be.as for as teams dropping down classess it doesnt always mean more victories(ck out the marlin bulldogs).there was a lot more to crockett's 1-9 record than just being young.good luck to the bulldogs and the rest of 11 2a teams and hopefully the royal beatdowns wont ruin the other teams season.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Crockett, and honestly im not saying were better than anybody. But wha happened last year is was last year. It's 2010 and I promise you Crockett will be a much better team this year, and will win district with ease. Not saying this just because the classification drop, Im looking at the schools athletic program history, and it never stays down long. Good luck too the rest of the teams in the district, dont wanna be cocky or anything lol! but they will need as much luck as they can get to even keep up with the DAWGS.

I think Crockett has a real good chance of winning the district. But, 81 and maxjean are talking like it's going to be a walk in the park for Crockett. I don't see that. The Bulldogs may run the table in the district, but if I had to guess I would say they lose one district game somewhere along the way. That may be enough to win district, it might not.

I could definitely see a situation where two or three teams end up with one district loss and it comes down to tie-breakers. We shall see.

Not expecting a walk in the park for franksnbeans. Just speaking the truth, let's face it reality is Crockett's going to be the team to beat in the district.

I think Crockett has a real good chance of winning the district. But, 81 and maxjean are talking like it's going to be a walk in the park for Crockett. I don't see that. The Bulldogs may run the table in the district, but if I had to guess I would say they lose one district game somewhere along the way. That may be enough to win district, it might not.

I could definitely see a situation where two or three teams end up with one district loss and it comes down to tie-breakers. We shall see.

I'm from Crockett, and honestly im not saying were better than anybody. But wha happened last year is was last year. It's 2010 and I promise you Crockett will be a much better team this year, and will win district with ease. Not saying this just because the classification drop, Im looking at the schools athletic program history, and it never stays down long. Good luck too the rest of the teams in the district, dont wanna be cocky or anything lol! but they will need as much luck as they can get to even keep up with the DAWGS.

Those are the statements that made me think you believed it would be a walk in the park for the Dawgs. Maybe I misunderstood.

I'm thinking Teague, Malakoff and Crockett will all be fighting it out for that top spot. Just my opinion.

Thats understandable franksnbeans... and Thats a good predict..But I'll have to say Crockett in 1st and Malakoff and Teague fighting it out for second.. Third place is up for grabs.

You aren't very smart are you? Crockett 1st, Malakoff and Teague for 2nd, and 3rd is up for grabs? Last time I checked 3 go to playoffs not 4 lol.

lol!!! honest mistake on my behalf... I'll admit that was I good come back westrusk.. Regardless Crockett number 1... Good luck to everybody else.. At least I'm a good sport...

You aren't very smart are you? Crockett 1st, Malakoff and Teague for 2nd, and 3rd is up for grabs? Last time I checked 3 go to playoffs not 4 lol.

Those are the statements that made me think you believed it would be a walk in the park for the Dawgs. Maybe I misunderstood.

I'm thinking Teague, Malakoff and Crockett will all be fighting it out for that top spot. Just my opinion.

can you smell a butt whippin every friday night in this district.if you cant you better get you some nasal spray.

can you smell a butt whippin every friday night in this district.if you cant you better get you some nasal spray.

I think your the one that needs to step away from the bar or outta the dope houses in crockett pal, no wonder why your talkin about nasal spray, its probably on every other corner in crockett like god knows what else. You got crockett on tatum's schedule for the 2nd round game, thats not confidence, thats ignorance. I got one word for you Crockett posters. PRIDE. not sure if thats in Crockett's vocabulary because if you rely on all this talent and speed, it can only take you so far. Gotta be a very good reason why your DC left with all these starters and talent coming back. We'll see what happens

You got crockett on tatum's schedule for the 2nd round game, thats not confidence,

He is prolly trying to get under my skin with that.... Doesnt bother me one bit... Kinda funny hes saying that Crockett will be the 3rd place team.. :smirk:

It will be either Crockett or Malakoff for district. Just because you are dropping down, doesn't guarantee a out-right district title. I do recall the year Tatum won D1-2A state (2006), their only district loss was to Troup. Troup didn't do much that year, but they did bring down the top dog. This could easily happen with Crockett.

I think your the one that needs to step away from the bar or outta the dope houses in crockett pal, no wonder why your talkin about nasal spray, its probably on every other corner in crockett like god knows what else. You got crockett on tatum's schedule for the 2nd round game, thats not confidence, thats ignorance. I got one word for you Crockett posters. PRIDE. not sure if thats in Crockett's vocabulary because if you rely on all this talent and speed, it can only take you so far. Gotta be a very good reason why your DC left with all these starters and talent coming back. We'll see what happens

i really know why he left but that's not for me to say here.THE REAL REASON

as is

QUOTE (maxjean @ Jun 25 2010, 04:42 AM) *

lorena leopards

11/27/09

TBA

Coldspring-Oakhurst (Coldspring, TX) ***

33-29 (W)

12/04/09

TBA

Carthage (Carthage, TX) ***

21-28 (L)

madisonville mustangs

Navasota (Navasota, TX) *

16-21 (L)

navasota rattlers

Gilmer (Gilmer, TX) ***

crockett had coldspring beat like a drum

Coldspring-Oakhurst (Coldspring, TX)

26-32 (L)

crocket had several scores called back but didnt play well at madisonville.

@ Madisonville (Madisonville, TX)

0-6 (L)

this may not prove anything but yall can convince yourself all you want that teauge,troup,malakoff will give them a game but i am telling you crockett is a better team than you realize.they were very young last year also they had ups and downs of a young team.

SOME OF YALL ARE STILL NOT PUTING 2 +2 TOGETHER,FOR A YOUNG TEAM THEY DID PRETTY GOOD UP AGAINST SOME STRONG TEAMS.

• 2 weeks later...
Crockett's moving down from 3a, Teague has talent moving in and good home grown speed, how about the other teams in the district?

Everyones saying how Teague and Crockett have all the speed.. but Malakoff has the most out of anyone. They had 2 relay teams get third in state.. 4 of the 5 members of the relay will be on the field this year.. Also with Coach Driskills offensive mind and Coach Watkins as the new defensive Cord. malakoff will be very hard to match in speed.

Everyones saying how Teague and Crockett have all the speed.. but Malakoff has the most out of anyone. They had 2 relay teams get third in state.. 4 of the 5 members of the relay will be on the field this year.. Also with Coach Driskills offensive mind and Coach Watkins as the new defensive Cord. malakoff will be very hard to match in speed.

but can they stop crockett from puttin 60 on em.