122 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this district?

• Harmony
    • Jefferson
    • New Diana
    • Sabine
    • Tatum
    • White Oak

Yeah, ole Eagleborn has his stuff together with plenty of info to back up his predictions. Nice job man.

We have a lot of returning all-district players....I hadn't seen the list.

One player to watch out for this year will be LaDerron Johnson(6'3 220). A defensive end, running back and fullback. He wonthe 60-yard shuttle-run contest for his age group at the Josh Scobee and Clint Ingram Football Camp. Hes a freak. Id be suprised if he dont put up some good numbers this year..

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One player to watch out for this year will be LaDerron Johnson(6'3 220). A defensive end, running back and fullback. He wonthe 60-yard shuttle-run contest for his age group at the Josh Scobee and Clint Ingram Football Camp. Hes a freak. Id be suprised if he dont put up some good numbers this year..

What grade is this kid in?

Oh, and one name to watch for: Deion Williams, TB/SS. Soph. Depending on maturity, could be a really good one. Of course, Jefferson has a TON of TB's, so he has to fight for carries. But a little competition can be a good thing, right?

Yeah competition is a good thing, lol. We actually had Lennon Creer(La Tech), Daylon McCoy(UL-L), and Bryce Beall(Houston) all splitting time in the same backfield in 05 during our first title run, talk about fighting for carries, lol.

But thats the good thing about having so much speed. You're never gonna run out of tailbacks, we always have the 2 or 3 go to guys but last year we had 6 or 7 RBs combine for well over 4,000 yards....In all honestly.....in a program such as Tatum, Jefferson, D-field ect. your QB is pretty much a TB that can throw the ball around a little bit, lol.

Man, Tatum's defense should be really good this year, and with a really strong running game the Eagles are going to be hard to beat for anyone. I said it shortly after the realignment came out and I still believe it: I fully expect a showdown between Newton and Tatum this postseason. That game could be one of the really, really good playoff games this year.

Man, Tatum's defense should be really good this year, and with a really strong running game the Eagles are going to be hard to beat for anyone. I said it shortly after the realignment came out and I still believe it: I fully expect a showdown between Newton and Tatum this postseason. That game could be one of the really, really good playoff games this year.

frank,

would this game be before or after the crockett and tatum game maxjean has already scheduled on nov 17th? lol.those cameron yoeman will have a big say in this region as well.have you seen a bracket for this region?thanks for any info on it.

Tatum's D is gonna be stacked with speed. If I'm not mistaken EB.....Malone is penciled in at FS, Allen at SS, Fite at CB, Overstreet, Liles, Woodard, Lockridge at LB, Stone at DE.......if this Johnson kid can step in and be a hoss at the other DE position we'll be a force. Thats a lot of speed. Who's the front runner for the other CB postion and what about the DTs?

frank,

would this game be before or after the crockett and tatum game maxjean has already scheduled on nov 17th? lol.those cameron yoeman will have a big say in this region as well.have you seen a bracket for this region?thanks for any info on it.

I haven't seen the brackets yet. It's going to be interesting to see how the UIL handles the new format. Last year D1 had 32 teams and D2 had 64 teams. This year, both D1 and D2 will have 48 teams in the playoffs. A 48 team bracket is difficult to configure. :ugh: The only thing I can think of is that the district champs would all get byes the first week. That gets you down to 32 teams, and then it's easy from there.

I haven't seen the brackets yet. It's going to be interesting to see how the UIL handles the new format. Last year D1 had 32 teams and D2 had 64 teams. This year, both D1 and D2 will have 48 teams in the playoffs. A 48 team bracket is difficult to configure. :ugh: The only thing I can think of is that the district champs would all get byes the first week. That gets you down to 32 teams, and then it's easy from there.

i think you are right about the district champ getting a bye.

I see big surprises in this district. I will admit that Tatum is and should be the favorite, but after that it could be any of three or four teams fighting for the last 2 spots. Jefferson has speed but that doesn't make them a hands down 2nd to tatum. I think WO, Diana and Harmony all three will surprise people. I just hope everyone keeps over looking them. Man this is gonna be fun

I see big surprises in this district. I will admit that Tatum is and should be the favorite, but after that it could be any of three or four teams fighting for the last 2 spots. Jefferson has speed but that doesn't make them a hands down 2nd to tatum. I think WO, Diana and Harmony all three will surprise people. I just hope everyone keeps over looking them. Man this is gonna be fun

tell em pappy !! :notworthy:

Both Tatum and Jefferson have killer non-district schedules; still give the nod to Tatum.

I agree. Tatum is playing up with all 3A opponents on the non-district schedule with Gilmer, Atlanta, and Pittsburg among them. Jefferson will also see Pittsburg and the likes of Pewitt, Pleasant Grove, and highly ranked West Rusk. Nobody else in the district reached quite as far out there as these 2 teams with the non-district schedule. I think this will have both teams battle tested and ready to go when district arrives. Everyone keeps saying speed wont be the thing that puts both of these schools at the top of the district. But make no mistake, you can not tackle what you can not catch. I have a hunch that several of the teams in the district are going to struggle a bit when Tatum and Jefferson unleash the spread offense and turn a football game into a track meet. Just my opinion.

I agree. Tatum is playing up with all 3A opponents on the non-district schedule with Gilmer, Atlanta, and Pittsburg among them. Jefferson will also see Pittsburg and the likes of Pewitt, Pleasant Grove, and highly ranked West Rusk. Nobody else in the district reached quite as far out there as these 2 teams with the non-district schedule. I think this will have both teams battle tested and ready to go when district arrives. Everyone keeps saying speed wont be the thing that puts both of these schools at the top of the district. But make no mistake, you can not tackle what you can not catch. I have a hunch that several of the teams in the district are going to struggle a bit when Tatum and Jefferson unleash the spread offense and turn a football game into a track meet. Just my opinion.

:thumbsup: I like your opinion!

Thank God this thread was started. Let the smack begin. I have a very bad feeling that pappy and wingT are going to get tired of seeing Tatum's posts week in and week out.

Nice thread EB and couldn't agree more Eagle8. I'm not sure ND or Harmony has seen the speed they will see this fall.

Thank God this thread was started. Let the smack begin. I have a very bad feeling that pappy and wingT are going to get tired of seeing Tatum's posts week in and week out.

Nice thread EB and couldn't agree more Eagle8. I'm not sure ND or Harmony has seen the speed they will see this fall.

we saw more speed vs. d'field in the playoffs last year. koko could gogo

we saw more speed vs. d'field in the playoffs last year. koko could gogo

Let me rephrase it for him... Wont see any faster this year..

And you are right... koko was pretty quick.. good back.. but we got TWO of those.. a Lil over 4500 yards combined last two years..

Let me rephrase it for him... Wont see any faster this year..

And you are right... koko was pretty quick.. good back.. but we got TWO of those.. a Lil over 4500 yards combined last two years..

sounds like you should have won it all

sounds like you should have won it all

Why? because we had RBs that could carry the rock?.. We always have that here in Tatum..

Kinda hard to win much of anything when you give up 33 ppg in 08 and 30 ppg in 09..

They haven't surprised anyone the last two years in the first round of the playoffs.

No we're not gonna get tired of all the post from Tatum, that's what makes this so much fun. But the beauty of being SOOOOO underrated is, if you lose then its expected but if you win then OMG its fun. And by the way I've been around a long time and I remember many teams that had speed to burn and didn't even have a winning record. Oh and one more thing please tell me your not comparing your backs to KOKO