122 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this district?

• Harmony
    • Jefferson
    • New Diana
    • Sabine
    • Tatum
    • White Oak

No we're not gonna get tired of all the post from Tatum, that's what makes this so much fun. But the beauty of being SOOOOO underrated is, if you lose then its expected but if you win then OMG its fun. And by the way I've been around a long time and I remember many teams that had speed to burn and didn't even have a winning record. Oh and one more thing please tell me your not comparing your backs to KOKO

BJ Allen is/will be better than KOKO..

Since you have been around a long time you would understand why I say that.. KOKO never faced 9 or 10 in the box.. Allen has.. KOKO has been on better teams, better lineman.. But somehow BJ Allen still has rushed over 3000 yards in the past two years. That says alot right there..

Not knocking KOKO at all.. He was a good high school back that played on great teams.. Allen is different in that he is a great high school back that has played on so so teams..

BTW ND might suprise people but it will not be on October 22nd..

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a little breakdown of the district past with teams they will play this preseason. I went back 20-25 years.

Harmony vs. Preseason opp

EF, 3-7

Ore City, 8-5

UG, 14-2

Harleton, 4-7-1

Quitman, N/A

Jefferson vs. Preseason opp

Pitt, 11-4

Mt Vernon, 2-0

Paul Pewitt, 7-7

West Rusk, 2-0

PG, 4-2

New Diana vs. Preseason opp

Ore City, 13-3

EF, 3-7

West Rusk, 2-4

Malakoff, N/A

Winnsboro, N/A

Sabine vs. Preseason opp

Malakoff, N/A

Troup, 3-8

Rains, 0-4

Ore City, 2-0

Overton, N/A

Tatum vs. Preseason opp

Diboll, 0-2

Gilmer, 6-13

Atlanta, 3-2

Pitt, N/A

Bullard, 11-1

White Oak vs. Preseason opp

Frankston, N/A

West Rusk, 8-2

SH, 8-16

RedWater, N/A

EF, 2-4

Eagleborn, if you gave up so many points the past two seasons, what's gonna make your defense so much better this year? Do you think its gonna be great because its playing against inferior opponents.

I'll take this one Eagleborn......No...but yes. The last two years we've delt with Gilmer twice, Carthage once, Chapel Hill twice, Halsville twice, a stacked Center team once, Bullard(with OSU QB) once, Atlanta twice, Arp twice, Jefferson twice, ect. In a yes or no answer.......has your team delt with this kind of talent the last 2 years? That was the yes. Here comes the no. We have 16-3A all district defensive players returning in 2nd team DB(SS) B.J. Allen, 2nd team DB(CB) Desmond Fite, 2nd team LB Hunter Liles, 1st team DB(FS) Phoenix Malone, 2nd team LB Robert Lockridge, 1st team LB Brandon Woodard, 1st team DE Cullen Stone. All of these have matured another year(bigger, faster, stronger) and plenty of speed will be mixed in with them with players like Laderion Johnson(6'3 220) at DE and many others. Tatum's defense will be a force this year. They were young the last 2 years(most will be 3 year starters) but Gilmer, Carthage, Halsville, ect. have done nothing but give them valuable experience and you will get to see this experience in a few months. Tatum's defense combined with a speedy spread offense will be rowdy this year.

Good work EB. I'm gonna miss the "smack" this year with you Tatum folk. I feel pretty confident in the Eagles gettin it done.

Good luck over there in Chapel Hill, I'm sure you will miss the "Loud Crowd" and their shakers and trashcans, lol.

Eagleborn, if you gave up so many points the past two seasons, what's gonna make your defense so much better this year? Do you think its gonna be great because its playing against inferior opponents.

Having 7 three year starters back plus one that started when he was a freshman that moved off and is now back at Tatum..

I mean how many teams you know have that many 3 yr starters back that doesnt get better.. Pretty much human nature to get better.. Or at least it is when the best coaching staff in district calls Tatum home.

Good luck over there in Chapel Hill, I'm sure you will miss the "Loud Crowd" and their shakers and trashcans, lol.

Yall were pretty loud that game... lol

BTW, Texas Coaching legend Sonny Detmer has been in Tatum working on the passing game(heard from a good source, havent seen him here) and one of the coaches I saw earlier said Overstreet has been turning heads at the QB camps hes been going to this summer..

Yall were pretty loud that game... lol

BTW, Texas Coaching legend Sonny Detmer has been in Tatum working on the passing game(heard from a good source, havent seen him here) and one of the coaches I saw earlier said Overstreet has been turning heads at the QB camps hes been going to this summer..

He could stand flat footed and throw 50 or more yards last year....has tremendous arm strength and good size at 6'3 200, and 4.6 speed isn't too bad to have either. Glad hes a junior. Ya know, his uncle, Stephen Hodge, had a breakout junior year for Tatum in 03.

I'll take this one Eagleborn......No...but yes. The last two years we've delt with Gilmer twice, Carthage once, Chapel Hill twice, Halsville twice, a stacked Center team once, Bullard(with OSU QB) once, Atlanta twice, Arp twice, Jefferson twice, ect. In a yes or no answer.......has your team delt with this kind of talent the last 2 years? That was the yes. Here comes the no. We have 16-3A all district defensive players returning in 2nd team DB(SS) B.J. Allen, 2nd team DB(CB) Desmond Fite, 2nd team LB Hunter Liles, 1st team DB(FS) Phoenix Malone, 2nd team LB Robert Lockridge, 1st team LB Brandon Woodard, 1st team DE Cullen Stone. All of these have matured another year(bigger, faster, stronger) and plenty of speed will be mixed in with them with players like Laderion Johnson(6'3 220) at DE and many others. Tatum's defense will be a force this year. They were young the last 2 years(most will be 3 year starters) but Gilmer, Carthage, Halsville, ect. have done nothing but give them valuable experience and you will get to see this experience in a few months. Tatum's defense combined with a speedy spread offense will be rowdy this year.

those 3 and 4a schools beat up on ya alittle huh...thought the size of the school didnt matter...i know longview enjoyed their time in 4a

he was talking about the new district, not playoffs.

I know what he was talking about. Their 1st place team (w.O.) has played the former 17-2A 3rd place team (Jefferson) the last two yrs and been eliminated. Their whole former district has been swept the last two yrs. Those are the 3 teams he is proposing that will somehow challenge Jefferson and Tatum (who most ppl on here are arguing is better than Jefferson).

BTW-KOKO ran for like 60 yards and 0 TD's vs. Jefferson last year. What kind of night did he have in the New Diana playoff game?

Speed is impossible to simulate in practice. I stand by my prediction of Tatum and Jefferson playing for the whole thing in week 9.

those 3 and 4a schools beat up on ya alittle huh...thought the size of the school didnt matter...i know longview enjoyed their time in 4a

The only team that beat up on us last year was Arp.. Everyone from Tatum will admit we got our tails kicked..

The one 4A we played beat us 14-6.. Wouldnt call that a beat down.

The 3As we played didnt beat up on us.. Not even State Champ Gilmer. We gave them all they wanted and then some..

Not I got a ? for you ND faithful.. What gives you reason to think that the ND team will suprise people? Cuz they are working hard? Want it more? Come on, answer away....

Yes Eagleborn, they are working hard, they do want it bad and no one said we were going to beat that wonderful powerhouse you have in tatum. Im just saying don't be surprised if ND, WO, or Harmony end up upsetting Jefferson and at least staying on the field with the Gods from Tatum. Like I said you are the favorites and should be, and if you do lose, even one game in the district it should be an embarassment to you, but if its ok I think those three low life teams will go ahead and show up if its ok.

Yes Eagleborn, they are working hard, they do want it bad and no one said we were going to beat that wonderful powerhouse you have in tatum. Im just saying don't be surprised if ND, WO, or Harmony end up upsetting Jefferson and at least staying on the field with the Gods from Tatum. Like I said you are the favorites and should be, and if you do lose, even one game in the district it should be an embarassment to you, but if its ok I think those three low life teams will go ahead and show up if its ok.

:smirk:

Never once said anything about Tatum being football Gods...

Never once said the three teams I picked to finish 4-6 are low lifes either..

Now you are "trying" to put words in my mouth..

Why would I be embarassed if Tatum lost? If that happens so be it.. Do I think it will happen, no..

BTW I wouldnt be totally shocked if ND or Sabine beat Jefferson. Cuz I know how much talent they lost. Do I think it will happen? No.. Should I think it will happen? No.. Should you think it will happen? Of course.. Thats what being a fan is all about.. You gotta remember I made district preditions halfway thru summer.. Things will change Im sure. Im sorry you didnt agree with my first set of predictions.

What is your order of finish for district?

Good luck to ND this year.

I know what he was talking about. Their 1st place team (w.O.) has played the former 17-2A 3rd place team (Jefferson) the last two yrs and been eliminated. Their whole former district has been swept the last two yrs. Those are the 3 teams he is proposing that will somehow challenge Jefferson and Tatum (who most ppl on here are arguing is better than Jefferson).

BTW-KOKO ran for like 60 yards and 0 TD's vs. Jefferson last year. What kind of night did he have in the New Diana playoff game?

Speed is impossible to simulate in practice. I stand by my prediction of Tatum and Jefferson playing for the whole thing in week 9.

he had a good night, but we rushed for more than 200 yds, not counting newsome's kickoff returns. we made alot of uncharacteristic mistakes and d'field made us pay for it.

he had a good night, but we rushed for more than 200 yds, not counting newsome's kickoff returns. we made alot of uncharacteristic mistakes and d'field made us pay for it.

68-14

I'm sorry WTV, it wasn't because of your "uncharachteristic mistakes". Daingerfield forced those turnovers.

And, running for more than 200 yards when you are getting 68 points hung on you is nothing to brag about. When teams are up by 50+ points, they tend to sit back and play more pass defense and give you the run. How many passing yards did ND have? Plus the intensity is just not the same at the end of a blowout. New Diana picked up 80 of the yards on a long scoring drive late in the game.

68-14

I'm sorry WTV, it wasn't because of your "uncharachteristic mistakes". Daingerfield forced those turnovers.

And, running for more than 200 yards when you are getting 68 points hung on you is nothing to brag about. When teams are up by 50+ points, they tend to sit back and play more pass defense and give you the run. How many passing yards did ND have? Plus the intensity is just not the same at the end of a blowout. New Diana picked up 80 of the yards on a long scoring drive late in the game.

you have your opinion and i have mine. all the turnovers were not forced. the snap by the qb and the gift by our punter were caused by us. you did pick off some passes for cheap td's. we lost some intensity after driving 25-30 yards to start the game, only to have edmond pick one and return it for a td. no way yall were 68-14 better, but i'm not stupid, i also know we couldn't have beat yall. must make it easy to post on here knowing your team has all that talent...i mean 62-14 in the state chanpionship game....why even practice??? i have the utmost respect for d'field and all it's rich tradition..it's great for texas high school football.....but like i said earlier....in my opinion there's no way yall were 68-14 better than us. oh, and franks...have a great day :thumbsup:

you have your opinion and i have mine. all the turnovers were not forced. the snap by the qb and the gift by our punter were caused by us. you did pick off some passes for cheap td's. we lost some intensity after driving 25-30 yards to start the game, only to have edmond pick one and return it for a td. no way yall were 68-14 better, but i'm not stupid, i also know we couldn't have beat yall. must make it easy to post on here knowing your team has all that talent...i mean 62-14 in the state chanpionship game....why even practice??? i have the utmost respect for d'field and all it's rich tradition..it's great for texas high school football.....but like i said earlier....in my opinion there's no way yall were 68-14 better than us. oh, and franks...have a great day :thumbsup:

You're right. You have your opinion, I have mine, and then there is the scoreboard.

I'm sure Bushland doesn't believe Daingerfield was 48 points better than them either.

You're right. You have your opinion, I have mine, and then there is the scoreboard.

I'm sure Bushland doesn't believe Daingerfield was 48 points better than them either.

i think you have only seen new diana play one gm, and, of course, it was d'field. i can understand why you think our kids ####,. it's because of the outcome of our playoff game vs. the tigers. other than what you have read and saw in that gm, i really don't think you know anything about nd.

Ok Eagleborn I apologize I shouldn't have said some of the things the way I said them. Honestley I've always liked Tatum and supported them, I think Coach Evans is a class act. I Just feel like some of the teams in this district are not being given much respect and maybe rightly so. I guess until WO, ND or Harmony win a playoff game that's the way it will be. I really felt like WO was better than Jefferson last year but just made too many mistakes, however it really doesn't matter because the score board is all that does. Anyway I can't wait till it gets here. And I will tell you this if yall do run the table in the district I will be right there all the way rooting for you to win it all. Have a good one. And franksnbeans that was the first time ive ever seen you be childish, but its ok you have a good one to as yall waltz to another state championship and that's not sarcasm I really mean it.

i think you have only seen new diana play one gm, and, of course, it was d'field. i can understand why you think our kids ####,. it's because of the outcome of our playoff game vs. the tigers. other than what you have read and saw in that gm, i really don't think you know anything about nd.

Well why dont you tell him/us about ND that way we will at least know something.

Well why dont you tell him/us about ND that way we will at least know something.

i'd rather have you see them play instead of telling you/him something...but i will tell you this.

they will compete very hard and never give up. our coaches will just be in their 3rd yr there and their system is just now catching on with the kids. last years seniors did a super job of laying a foundation to build on. the lower levels all won. having said all that the 68-14 loss to ol big blue makes it easy for you/him to look down on us. i personally think they would have donkey-stomped yall too eagleborn....just an opinion as old franks says.

I don't think your kids ####. Where did you get that? I just had to comment on your post that ND made some uncharacteristic mistakes that Daingerfield capitalized on and the fact that you guys rushed for 200 yards. That doesn't tell all the story. I asked how many passing yards you guys had. Well, it was -6.

You won't see me bash your kids or your team... ever. And, I understand that you feel DF was not 54 points better than ND. But, maybe, just maybe, they were.

I wish ND all the luck in the world this year.