122 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this district?

• Harmony
    • Jefferson
    • New Diana
    • Sabine
    • Tatum
    • White Oak

I mean...we all knew Gilmer was gonna win the district but that didn't keep us from yappin, lol.

Yea...

GW had Bear Den and a few others...

CH had Tanman and the "kids"

SH had.. I dunno?

Bullard had spunk

Gilmer had em all..

LOL we went 6-5 and still havent shut up yet..

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea...

GW had Bear Den and a few others...

CH had Tanman and the "kids"

SH had.. I dunno?

Bullard had spunk

Gilmer had em all..

LOL we went 6-5 and still havent shut up yet..

I was accused of disappearing by somebody when we declined a bit after the 07 season.....to the best of my knowledge, I've been here ever since i signed up annoying the crud outta people, through the good years and the tough ones.

I was accused of disappearing by somebody when we declined a bit after the 07 season.....to the best of my knowledge, I've been here ever since i signed up annoying the crud outta people, through the good years and the tough ones.

Other than Tatum the district is weak. Jefferson really can't hang with a good team.

Other than Tatum the district is weak. Jefferson really can't hang with a good team.

I actually think White Oak is a pretty good football team as well. Though, I think they'll have to outscore teams to win in the playoffs. Their defense isn't exactly the toughest but their offense has been showing out. A big FB that is a bruiser, Sharp at QB is tough, and the 6'4 190 lb Goll is a good target for him. However, I dont think they'll have enough team speed to run with us. I am excited that they'll be able to test our defense through the air some in week 10 before we get into the playoffs though. We haven't been in a contest this year except for Gilmer and it was great to see Tatum get the job done against the wolf growling at the door but I can't help but think we could use another one of those type games. Not to mention we haven't played a lot of pass heavy teams other than Pitt. I'm hoping White Oak will play above and beyond their level to kick us in the mouth for 4 quarters to make sure we dont get too compfotable to where we're just going through the motions.

Week 9 results....

White Oak 28 Harmony 7

Tatum 34 Jefferson 12

New Diana 36 Sabine 21

Tatum 9-0(4-0)

White Oak 6-3(4-0)

New Diana 5-4(2-2)

Jefferson 4-5(2-2)

Sabine 1-8(0-4)

Harmony 0-9(0-4)

Week 10 - my picks highlighted

Tatum(4-0) @ White Oak(4-0) - Should be a good battle for the crown, Tatum has too much speed though

New Diana(2-2) @ Jefferson(2-2) - Really too close to call but if the Dogs play the way they played us, I'm goin with them

Harmony(0-4) at Sabine(0-4) - Neither team has got it going this year but I think the Chumleys will be the difference

The week that matters. Tatum and White Oak battle it out for the district crown and the 1st round bye. New Diana and Jefferson battle it out in a win or stay home game. Harmony and Sabine battle it out to not remain winless. Will definitely be the best week in the district this year with so much on the line. Time for teams to give it everything they got, rewards couldn't be any higher.

Week 9 results....

White Oak 28 Harmony 7

Tatum 34 Jefferson 12

New Diana 36 Sabine 21

Tatum 9-0(4-0)

White Oak 6-3(4-0)

New Diana 5-4(2-2)

Jefferson 4-5(2-2)

Sabine 1-8(0-4)

Harmony 0-9(0-4)

Week 10 - my picks highlighted

Tatum(4-0) @ White Oak(4-0) - Should be a good battle for the crown, Tatum has too much speed though

New Diana(2-2) @ Jefferson(2-2) - Really too close to call but if the Dogs play the way they played us, I'm goin with them

Harmony(0-4) at Sabine(0-4) - Neither team has got it going this year but I think the Chumleys will be the difference

The week that matters. Tatum and White Oak battle it out for the district crown and the 1st round bye. New Diana and Jefferson battle it out in a win or stay home game. Harmony and Sabine battle it out to not remain winless. Will definitely be the best week in the district this year with so much on the line. Time for teams to give it everything they got, rewards couldn't be any higher.

Yeah, I gotta agree with your pics. After playing ND, I had them pegged for the 3rd spot, but then after the Tatum/Jefferson game, I gotta go with the Dawgs for the 3rd spot.

Great week in this district...

Tatum/WO winner gets a bye.. Which would help both teams rest up..

Jeff/ND winner gets in the playoffs... IMO would be a huge step in the right direction for both teams...

Sabine/Harmony battle it out for bragging rights...

Great week in this district...

Tatum/WO winner gets a bye.. Which would help both teams rest up..

Jeff/ND winner gets in the playoffs... IMO would be a huge step in the right direction for both teams...

Sabine/Harmony battle it out for bragging rights...

I'll go with TATUM-they'll get their turnovers back under control against W.O., but will give up 20+ to the Roughnecks.

NEW DIANA in this one-Brewer is the top back in the district & will show out in Jefferson in a shootout. Over/under could be 60!

SABINE finishes ahead of Harmony...

I'll go with TATUM-they'll get their turnovers back under control against W.O., but will give up 20+ to the Roughnecks.

NEW DIANA in this one-Brewer is the top back in the district & will show out in Jefferson in a shootout. Over/under could be 60!

I have a hard time agreeing with that, but if it's your opinion, then so be it. I almost agree with Tatum giving up 20+ to WO. I think Tatum could give up between 18 and 25. They could also only give up 7 but that may be stretching it.

No way Tatum D gives up 20 points. Just my opinion.

Well, I would have told you last week that "No way does Tatum fumble the ball 5 times against Jefferson" but they did. White Oak doesn't have the speed Tatum has and I doubt they have seen a defense as good as Tatum's. I do think WO will find a way to put points on the board. Be watching for trick plays, onside kicks, and fake punts.

Yeah....White Oak will bring out all the stops to beat Tatum. Though I'd be willing to bet they'll try to do what Jefferson did to try and keep the ball out of our high powered offense's hands.

Oh yeah, no doubt they will try to chew up the clock, but like I said before the Jefferson game, chewing up the clock does you no good when the deficit is 14 and growing in Tatum's favor. They will have no choice but to open it up and that's when we see them pull out the stops.

I agree with your picks but disagree with you saying Brewer is top back in district... Top 5 maybe but not top...

No way Tatum D gives up 20 points. Just my opinion.

I agree... For them to do that then that would mean they would have to break some long runs or passes... Something that Jefferson couldnt do and IMO Jefferson is faster and more athletic than WO...

Heres play off scenario for district 10..

Anahuac, East Chambers, Newton, Buna (three spots)

Anahuac advances w/ win OR Newton loss OR Buna loss

East Chambers advances w/ win OR Newton loss OR Buna loss

Newton advances w/ win AND Buna loss, or win AND Anahuac win AND East Chambers win

Buna advances w/ win AND Newton loss

Brewer the top back, ha ha. We (Tatum) have backups better than him.

You have to remember he's doing all this without as much help as the Tatum & White Oak offensive lines provide their RB's. Put him on those teams and no telling what kind of numbers he puts up. 20 points by White Oak might be alittle high against you guys-I'm just going by what they did against Jefferson (500+ yards total offense)

Jefferson has some great backs. The Jefferson team that played Tatum is a whole different team. If that team plays ND, you win bye 20. if not, air up the round ####. will that team show up.

The problem all year has been not knowing which offense will show up. The defense gives up 29 points/game with the only teams scoring less against them are a combined 3-24, so I would guess ND will probably post numbers around 30. If Jefferson can control the ball (reduce turnovers & penalties), that should help in holding down ND's scoring opportunities. You still have to score to win and with Gray back, that should help on that end. I still think it all boils down to the bulldogs staying disciplined. Then again, if ND lays the ball down, it'll be all Jefferson...

not only does he get 15-20 carries a game, he also starts on defense and leads the team with tackles.

you might have faster back-ups, but not better.

What does being on defense have to do with being best RB in district...

Im glad our safety doesnt lead team in tackles...