122 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this district?

• Harmony
    • Jefferson
    • New Diana
    • Sabine
    • Tatum
    • White Oak

And franksnbeans that was the first time ive ever seen you be childish, but its ok you have a good one to as yall waltz to another state championship and that's not sarcasm I really mean it.

I don't think that was childish. Certainly didn't mean it that way. It's true. Like WTV said, I have my opinion, he has his. The only unbiased party is the scoreboard.

By the way, you must not have ever read a Gilmer - Daingefield thread. Now that's childish. :smirk:

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd rather have you see them play instead of telling you/him something...but i will tell you this.

they will compete very hard and never give up. our coaches will just be in their 3rd yr there and their system is just now catching on with the kids. last years seniors did a super job of laying a foundation to build on. the lower levels all won. having said all that the 68-14 loss to ol big blue makes it easy for you/him to look down on us. i personally think they would have donkey-stomped yall too eagleborn....just an opinion as old franks says.

Looking down on yall? No ones looking down on yall.. I predicted yall would get 4th in district.. With a chance for 3rd.. I actually said " maybe 3rd".. MY opinion.. Not yours, not pappy31s, not Frank but MINE.

Sorry your feelings got hurt.

Yes, Dfield would of stomped us..

Time to move on from this.

Looking down on yall? No ones looking down on yall.. I predicted yall would get 4th in district.. With a chance for 3rd.. I actually said " maybe 3rd".. MY opinion.. Not yours, not pappy31s, not Frank but MINE.

Sorry your feelings got hurt.

Yes, Dfield would of stomped us..

Time to move on from this.

my feelings didnt get hurt. just speakin my mind. i think you are right about moving on.

good luck to the tatum eagles this year. i hope it is a competitive / injury free season for all of 9 2a div 1. have a good day eagle.

Now that all of that is out of the way.....ND stinks! LOL. Just kidding, sorry I couldn't help myself.

I truely think the 1 and 2 spots belong to Tatum and Jefferson. That is my opinion. It is only that, only an opinion. Will it be right? Everything on paper says it will....but you know as well as I know that these games have to be played and whats on paper very rarely translates to the grid iron. But I'm saying my true beliefs have Tatum finishing in 1st, Jefferson in 2nd. My favorite for the 3rd spot is White Oak but New Diana could play WO hard and heavy for that 3rd playoff spot but they'll have to find some support to go along with Brewer. Harmony is in the same boat.....Laminack can't do it by himself. I think the speed of Tatum and Jefferson will set them apart from the rest of the district and everybody else will be fighting for 3rd. Again....thats just my opinion. But I think a lot of people will have that same opinion.

Now that all of that is out of the way.....ND stinks! LOL. Just kidding, sorry I couldn't help myself.

I truely think the 1 and 2 spots belong to Tatum and Jefferson. That is my opinion. It is only that, only an opinion. Will it be right? Everything on paper says it will....but you know as well as I know that these games have to be played and whats on paper very rarely translates to the grid iron. But I'm saying my true beliefs have Tatum finishing in 1st, Jefferson in 2nd. My favorite for the 3rd spot is White Oak but New Diana could play WO hard and heavy for that 3rd playoff spot but they'll have to find some support to go along with Brewer. Harmony is in the same boat.....Laminack can't do it by himself. I think the speed of Tatum and Jefferson will set them apart from the rest of the district and everybody else will be fighting for 3rd. Again....thats just my opinion. But I think a lot of people will have that same opinion.

didnt w oak lose all 3 of their rb's ?

didnt w oak lose all 3 of their rb's ?

Yes......but top OL Ben Adams 6'4 265 lbs(56 pancakes - 126 knockdowns) returns along with Whitehurst who had a good season. Put a quick guy behind them and presto......you have White Oak football. The QB is returning as well as 6'4 190 lb WR Taylor Goll. They're returning "6" 18AA All-District selections and the coaches were awarded Co-coach of the year in 18AA last year. Harmony and ND both return just one All-District Selection a peice while Sabine returns 2. White Oak will have more experience on the field than everybody except Tatum.

As a neutral in this conversation, and based on the facts I have read my prediction looks like this.

1. Tatum

2. Jefferson

3. White Oak

4. New Diana

5. Harmony

6. Sabine

I have Tatum winning based on the fact that they return there entire backfield which caused lots of problems for teams last year. Jefferson lost 4 D1 players (or more) from last years team. But I would not be suprised if the Bulldogs take home the district title. Always great athletes in the town of Jefferson.

have you seen diana play ? or are you just basing your opinion on the fact most of the schools in the district are usually 3-A schools. diana and harmony have NEVER been 3-A

I've seen them several times over the past several years. They will play hard, Roger does a great job. They are hard-nosed kids that will get after your ######.

Never once said anything about Tatum being football Gods...

Never once said the three teams I picked to finish 4-6 are low lifes either..

Now you are "trying" to put words in my mouth..

Why would I be embarassed if Tatum lost? If that happens so be it.. Do I think it will happen, no..

BTW I wouldnt be totally shocked if ND or Sabine beat Jefferson. Cuz I know how much talent they lost. Do I think it will happen? No.. Should I think it will happen? No.. Should you think it will happen? Of course.. Thats what being a fan is all about.. You gotta remember I made district preditions halfway thru summer.. Things will change Im sure. Im sorry you didnt agree with my first set of predictions.

What is your order of finish for district?

Good luck to ND this year.

Baltimore "should" have beaten the Jets in Super Bowl III, Patriots "should" have gone undefeated and beaten the Giants a few years ago. USC "should have beaten Texas and won another National Championship. Those things do happen, and sometimes someone wins millions of $ in the lottery. But Tatum and Jefferson "should" finish 1-2. Doesn't mean that ND, White Oak, Sabine or Harmony can't or won't beat one or both. But they "shouldn't"

Baltimore "should DIDNT" have beaten the Jets in Super Bowl III, Patriots "should DIDNT" have gone undefeated and beaten the Giants a few years ago. USC "should have beaten DIDNT Texas and won another National Championship. Those things do happen, and sometimes someone wins millions of $ in the lottery. But Tatum and Jefferson "should WILL" finish 1-2. Doesn't mean that ND, White Oak, Sabine or Harmony can't or won't beat one or both. But they "shouldn't WONT"

Now thats more like it...

ND,WO,Sabine or Harmony- One will make the playoffs..

I'm going to change things up a bit. Here is my prediction...

1. Tatum

2. or 3. Jefferson

2., 3., or 4. White Oak

2., 3., or 4. New Diana

3., 4, or 5. Harmony

6. Sabine

No offense to the Sabine crowd. :)

The only sure shots I see this year to move on to playoffs are Jefferson and Tatum. Outside of that it could be any of the others INCLUDING Sabine. Injuries, unnamed or unknown talent, and coaching strategies can change everything.

I've seen them several times over the past several years. They will play hard, Roger does a great job. They are hard-nosed kids that will get after your ######.

as bad as i hate to admit it, i agree et. they have beat us the last 2 years scoring an avg of 30 per gm. adams does have them playing hard, and they should improve every year. i will say that they have had 1 gm under their belts when they played us though. i think it would be a great gm if we played this year. giddens would go off on em.

GO STANGS !!

Well I think its no doubt Tatums to lose, but I really see it this way. And yes I know im crazy but its and early prediction right.

1. tatum-You would have to be really crazy not to pick them

2. WO-Have really improved over the past couple of years

3. ND-Adam and his staff do a great job

4. Jefferson-Just too undisciplined for me and lost 4 D1's

5. harmony-Rebuilding year

6. Sabine-Getting better but need a few more years of the same staff to really get competitive

JMHO but go ahead let me have it

Football will be interesting with the caliber of coaches in this district. Coach Evans and Tatum should win district with their speed they breed up there every year, White Oak will come at you, Jefferson is athletic, ND has Coach Adams, and the other teams will battle well. I know it is not the season, but I would hate to be a basketball coach in this district.

Working on Masters

Well I think its no doubt Tatums to lose, but I really see it this way. And yes I know im crazy but its and early prediction right.

6. Sabine-Getting better but need a few more years of the same staff to really get competitive

I'll give you 1....and 3 is possible. But Tatum is likely the most undisiplined team in the district and has been likely the most undisiplined team in their district the last 8 years. If you've ever played us, you'd know that. Which leads me to......athleticism does win ball games....which leads me to Jefferson will finish in the 2 spot. Tatum has had more penatlies and more turnovers than anybody else in their past several districts. The difference is, we have enough speed on the field defensively to stop 90% of what you throw at us. We get the ball back and we have enough speed to blow right around your defense and take a quick 6 points. Demoralizing considering you think that turnover got you somewhere, wouldn't you say? Jefferson, outside of Tatum, will have the fastest secondary and defense in the district. Their secondary can fly....and Rawls is a fast, mean tackler at the LB spot. This will make things happen for the Bulldogs and they will take 2nd in the district. WO has really improved over the past couple years......too bad they lost to Jefferson in the playoffs both of those improved years. ND could fight it out hard with WO for that 3rd spot......Harmony could suprise some folks....Sabine is the odd man out....they just can't run with this district in my eyes. Jefferson is ranked in the top 10 in nearly every poll.....the high school experts aren't putting them there just because those maroon and white jerseys are appealing, lol. Which I think is the most dull color for a uni, lol. But these guys are gonna be good.....dont kid yourself.

O.K. I applaud you for your honesty and for going out on a limb.

Now, print this out, cut and paste it, whatever: If Jefferson DOES NOT get in AT ALL, I will buy you a steak dinner. That's right. Not a bet, just a promise to you.

I even understand your logic, and can't disagree they have been undisciplined. Heck, it cost them 2nd place last year when they lost to L-K. BUT, when the playoff spot was on the line, they beat Hughes Springs and got in. They will get in. To me, they are the wild card of the whole district, b/c they could (in theory) catch fire and sweep the district, or they could (also in theory) lose to someone they shouldn't and throw EVERYONE'S predictions in disarray. BUT, I just don't see them not getting in at all. What they probably WON'T do is what everyone thinks, and that is win every game easily and play Tatum for the title and lose in a thrilling game. Somewhere in there, they will do the unexpected.

And YOU would have to really crazy to think Jefferson will finish 4th and out of the playoffs. D1's don't always translate into team unity. I agree with Eagle8, Jefferson is ALWAYS going to have athletes. JMHO but I don't believe WO believes they can beat Jefferson. And anybody who has a clue about history and tradition, knows Tatum always has athletes as well. Just watch any East Texas track meet, regional and state meet. WO, ND, and Harmony will battle for 3rd.

If Diana had their team from last year, I would have put them in the #2 spot, but this year, I just don't see them beating Jefferson, or Jefferson losing to anyone but Tatum in this district.

However, the season has yet to start, and we will see how things go when the games are played.

If Diana had their team from last year, I would have put them in the #2 spot, but this year, I just don't see them beating Jefferson, or Jefferson losing to anyone but Tatum in this district.

However, the season has yet to start, and we will see how things go when the games are played.

i agree. they will probably be pretty scrappy this yr, but NOTHING like last year.

GO STANGS !!

AIN"T gonna say nuffin --- gonna be nice -- jefferson has lots of history with all these TEAMS in this district -- so with that being said -- i really feel it will come down to oct 29 -- between 1 st and 2 nd place --- good luck to all teams in this district ..

AIN"T gonna say nuffin --- gonna be nice -- jefferson has lots of history with all these TEAMS in this district -- so with that being said -- i really feel it will come down to oct 29 -- between 1 st and 2 nd place --- good luck to all teams in this district ..

You told a fib.... lol

1- DAINGERFIELD

2- JEFFERSON -- (CAUSE I SAY SO)

3- TATUM -- (CAUSE THEY GOT TA PLAY US)

4- ARP -- ( CAUSE WE WANT TO PLAY THEM AGAIN)

5- PAUL PEWITT --

6- MALAKOFF

7- LINDEN - KILDARE -- ( CAUSE I KNOW COACH BENNETT-- I WONDER HOW ?? )

8- HOOKS

9- TEAGUE

10-- LONE OAK

MAN --- AS I WAS LOOKIN AT AA - DIV 1 & 2 -- I JUST REALIZED -- THIS IS GONNA BE SOMEKIND OF NEW FOOTBALL THIS YEAR.. AND WELCOME BACK TO OUR DIVISION -- TATUM -- HOW SWEET IT WILL BE -- WE GOT COACH HALE BLEEDING MAROON IN JEFFERSON (HE HE HE ) -- NO GREEN

Few things of note........

Caps Lock key is on left.

Jefferson wont play Arp for at least two years.

Im glad Coach Hale found a new home in Jefferson, well not glad he left Tatum a few years back, but glad he is a AD/HC somewhere..

Jefferson loses to Tatum... Agian

You told a fib.... lol

Few things of note........

Caps Lock key is on left.

Jefferson wont play Arp for at least two years.

Im glad Coach Hale found a new home in Jefferson, well not glad he left Tatum a few years back, but glad he is a AD/HC somewhere..

Jefferson loses to Tatum... Agian

We will see if it is "agian", sorry I couldn't help but comment how you called him out on the caps lock thing and you made a mistake too haha.