122 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this district?

• Harmony
    • Jefferson
    • New Diana
    • Sabine
    • Tatum
    • White Oak

Shoot, I had L A penciled in to play Center. I had heard he was going to play Center till the nose guard was flattened, but that shouldn't take too long. maybe he will just play both ways.

LA is playing center... Ladarrian will play DE... Two different people..

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who scrimmages who?

Jefferson has Dfield on 8/14

Tatum has Mt Pleasant/SH on 8/14(freshman start at 430) @ SH

ND has Dekalb on 8/14, start at 10am

WO has Grand Saline/Brook Hill on 8/14 @ WO, Bullard on 8/19 @ Bullard

Harmony @ Big Sandy on 8/14, host a scrimmage on 8/19...Anyone know against who?

Sabine @ Tenaha on 8/14

i'm sure they do listen, in one ear and out the other.

let's be real here, if there was an ex-coach, which most on here are NOT, then maybe just maybe what's said to a coach from a fan, the ex-coach, may be, just may be listened to and implemented!

i think most, if not all coaches, would agree with this

I said i have seen the advice used first hand. That means some coaches do listen to what non coaches say sometime.

Sorta like if you said it rained at your house today, and even though i don't know where you live, i tell you that it did not rain. That is what you are doing, telling me that what i know is 100% fact, is wrong.

i've read this whole thread, and it sounds to me that all these people on here are either coaches in the stands, radio "personalities", and all around jacks that say the same thing over and over. how are you guys so much "in the know" about what's going on with the football programs?

It could be that some of us are in the boosters. The Athletic Boosters in Tatum actually have meetings with the head coach of the team regularly. It is a small community (2A), and those of us with service businesses see the coaches and the players all the time. Then there are those of us who have kids playing on the team. They know what is going on, too. Then the "radio 'personalities'" as you put it, interview the coaches so they don't look like idiots when they get on the radio. So, those could be some clues as to how people may be "in the know" about the teams.

i'm sure they do listen, in one ear and out the other.

let's be real here, if there was an ex-coach, which most on here are NOT, then maybe just maybe what's said to a coach from a fan, the ex-coach, may be, just may be listened to and implemented!

i think most, if not all coaches, would agree with this

It seems as if some people have given poor advice to a coach and got upset because their ideas weren't used. Sour grapes, if you will.

There are people in every community who are interested in the football programs for one reason or another who have played college ball, coached in the past, or even played professional ball. Do you think coaches would knowingly discount any advice from these people with extreme prejudice? If so, you have the wrong idea about coaches in East Texas. Most I have met are open to new ideas. I have seen coaches try suggestions in scrimmages or practices, and if they work, the ideas get used. However, most coaches have a program, if the idea doesn't work into that program it doesn't get used. Head coaches, however, do not get to be head coaches or athletic directors even, by ignoring good advice, even from an armchair quarterback.

are you actually suggesting that Tatum's cocahes, or for that matter any coaches, would actually listen to and implement, any "pre-game" strategy that a fan or person in the stands offered to the coaches?

Slow down, go back, and read your question and my response.

You asked why we thought we were "in the know". My response, in no way, suggested the coaches and we are making a game plan together.

We listen and pay attention to all that's going on, which makes us knowledgeable about the program. Nothing more, nothing less.

Who scrimmages who?

Jefferson has Dfield on 8/14

Tatum has Mt Pleasant/SH on 8/14(freshman start at 430) @ SH

ND has Dekalb on 8/14, starts at 10am

WO has Grand Saline/Brook Hill on 8/14 @ WO, Bullard on 8/19 @ Bullard

Harmony @ Big Sandy on 8/14, host a scrimmage on 8/19...Anyone know against who?

Hello Sabine???? Anyone around????

I'll try to keep you guys up to date on who Sabine plays as much as I can. I've been busy working, planning a wedding, and getting ready for a little miny me to enter this world so I have been out of the loop for awhile. Sabine, I believe, travels to Teneha this week. I probably wont get a chance to go watch a practice or anything so i dont know how there looking so far. I read that they had 66 come out for 2 a days. I dont know how many kids we have had come out in the past but I bet this years number is higher than the recent years.

I'll try to keep you guys up to date on who Sabine plays as much as I can. I've been busy working, planning a wedding, and getting ready for a little miny me to enter this world so I have been out of the loop for awhile. Sabine, I believe, travels to Teneha this week. I probably wont get a chance to go watch a practice or anything so i dont know how there looking so far. I read that they had 66 come out for 2 a days. I dont know how many kids we have had come out in the past but I bet this years number is higher than the recent years.

Thanks...

And Congratulations..

2nd scrimmages....

Harmony vs. Troup (@ Harmony)

Jefferson vs. Atlanta

New Diana vs. Paul Pewitt

Sabine vs. Gladewater

Tatum vs. Kilgore (@ Tatum 9th-5PM, JV-6PM, V-7PM)

White Oak vs. Bullard

Unsure on Locations on many of these.. Anyone know? and Times?

2nd scrimmages....

Harmony vs. Troup (@ Troup)

Jefferson vs. Atlanta

New Diana vs. Paul Pewitt

Sabine vs. Gladewater

Tatum vs. Kilgore (@ Tatum 9th-5PM, JV-6PM, V-7PM)

White Oak vs. Bullard

Unsure on Locations on many of these.. Anyone know? and Times?

The Harmony VS. Troup - is in Harmony