Your Team's Season Opener ?

eagles66

After 2 scrimmages (Denton Guyer and Pinetree), we play Rockwall Heath there, followed by our 1st of 8 home games. Wichita Falls @ Pizza Hut Park.

WOW! Guyer and Heath should certainly get you ready for district! I hear that Wichita Falls is much improved. Many of the best athletes have elected (I still don't understand the "choice" situation) to attend Old High over Rider! This is the first time Denison hasn't played them in a long. long time.

Good luck to the Wolverines this year! Who do you feel is your biggest Frisco "rival?"

WOW! Guyer and Heath should certainly get you ready for district! I hear that Wichita Falls is much improved. Many of the best athletes have elected (I still don't understand the "choice" situation) to attend Old High over Rider! This is the first time Denison hasn't played them in a long. long time.

Good luck to the Wolverines this year! Who do you feel is your biggest Frisco "rival?"

Thnx, Good Luck to Denison as well! Biggest "Frisco" rival has to be Frisco High. They were here first, but now there are 6 high schools, so the Raccons feels pretty much all the other schools are THEIR biggest rival, lol.

The summer is rushing by quickly, and soon it soon it will be time for the season opener for high schools.

A couple of questions for high school football fans. 1. Who do you play in your season opener and where ?

2. Do you think your team will win and why ? If not, why will they lose.

I will pick Texas High over Vidor @ Lobo stadium in Longview, I think. Why will Tx. High win ? Because they bring back a lot on defense. I admit I know little about Vidor. There should also be some motivation for the Tigers to win. The last time they played at Lobo stadium the game did not go well for the Tigers. That was one of the wost defeats for the Tigers in years.

All Comments welcomed.

/quote]

I do not know what degree of success THS will have in this or any other game since the qb position is going to be iffy this season and also for the next two years. :notworthy: :alien: :notworthy:

I figured Union Grove would have scheduled a tougher team. Beckville is good for 1A, but I guess it's a good "warm-up" game.

Honestly, Union Grove and Beckville are probaly closer in enrollment than Union Grove and West Rusk are... but don't get me started on that.

I figured Union Grove would have scheduled a tougher team. Beckville is good for 1A, but I guess it's a good "warm-up" game.

In defense of Union Grove's coach, Union Grove is not a huge 2A school....enrollment figure in Texas Football is 214 for the Grove..........and they might not have found a decent 2A team to open up with

The battle of 259, Ore City vs New Diana, should be a good one, no love lost between the two, 5 miles apart from each other. Game will be played in OC. This is the first time ever that they have met in the season opener, my pick ND 20 OC 7. Let the games begin.

So much for the teams; I'd rather watch Adams and Chadwick go at it. lol

Seed I'm thinking this one could be sloppy. We're gonna be starting a lot of sophomores. Don't get me wrong, they're great young athletes, and the future looks bright, but taking on a team as loaded as Tenaha in the opener is a tall order. The outcome will depend on a few things: can Joaquin's D slow down(cuz there really is no stopping) Reginald Davis? Will Davis start at QB, or will Coach Ward use someone else to get him the football? Joaquin's strength early on will be their defense, and they will have to keep the Rams in the game (not just this one) until the youngsters gel on offense. Knowing the double wing is not the big deal, its the only offense these kids have ever run. The big change will be adjusting to the speed of the game at the varsity level. Hopefully they will adjust quickly. Our seniors on D (especially LB Tyler McSwain and DBs Jaderrick Norris and Smooch Wilson) will have to carry this team for a few weeks. Their leadership will be a big key to the success of this season.

u forgot bout lambo

I will pick Texas High over Vidor @ Lobo stadium in Longview, I think. Why will Tx. High win ? Because they bring back a lot on defense. I admit I know little about Vidor. There should also be some motivation for the Tigers to win. The last time they played at Lobo stadium the game did not go well for the Tigers. That was one of the wost defeats for the Tigers in years.

How did Texas High get matched up with Vidor @ Lobo Stadium?

Texas High should have no problem beating Vidor.

Honestly, Union Grove and Beckville are probaly closer in enrollment than Union Grove and West Rusk are... but don't get me started on that.

West Rusk turned in 216, Union Grove 214. Cant get much closser than that.

West Rusk turned in 216, Union Grove 214. Cant get much closser than that.

Yeah, I saw that today my bad. It will be nice to play somebody our own size this year.

I'm more mpressed by the success West Rusk has had recently being such a small 2A school.

Redwater vs West Rusk in Gilmer, Aug. 26th.

Winner: West Rusk by 14.

Why: West Rusk has 18 returning starters from an 8-3 playoff team. They have a year of experience running the spread. They have one of the toughest defenses in D2-2A.

The Kicker: West Rusk has always struggled playing a full 4 quarter game early in the season, if Redwater can take advantage of this weakness, that can pull a major upset.

West Rusk should win the game. But, Redwater has some talent. Dorian Hankins and Will Burris will be a pretty solid offensive backfield. And, the Dragons had a very solid defensive team last year.

This should be a pretty entertaining game. A Thursday night affair. I would be there for this one, but my son will be playing in Corsicana that night.

Grapeland opens with Centerville

Grapeland can win this one, but if the weather is anything like the past two years, it could be a close game. I know Centerville has fallen on some tough times after a having a few really good years competing with Alto for the region in 2A.

West Rusk should win the game. But, Redwater has some talent. Dorian Hankins and Will Burris will be a pretty solid offensive backfield. And, the Dragons had a very solid defensive team last year.

This should be a pretty entertaining game. A Thursday night affair. I would be there for this one, but my son will be playing in Corsicana that night.

Redwater was pretty salty last year. We played them in a scrimmage.. Had a REAL good OL/MLB.. Pretty sure they lost him to graduation though..