Greater East Texas Pee Wee football League

There is a awesome Pee Wee Football league that no one talks about that has a amazing amount of youth talent. The towns that make up this league is Mineola,Alba, Grand Saline,Quitman,Rains,Hawkins,Van,Canton,Brownsboro,Lindale this is a awesome little league and very competitive. I just want other football fans to hear about this and maybe these teams could scrimmage some of the other leagues around.

i am so glad you posted this!! my son (#31 McCartney) plays for Lindale and has since the 1st grade. he is in 5th this year..... we are very proud to be apart of an awesome organization!!

Thank you so much I feel that these kid's need some recognition for there effort and hard work..and also these are the future football players of these communities..My son has played for three years and he loves it...

There is a awesome Pee Wee Football league that no one talks about that has a amazing amount of youth talent. The towns that make up this league is Mineola,Alba, Grand Saline,Quitman,Rains,Hawkins,Van,Canton,Brownsboro,Lindale this is a awesome little league and very competitive. I just want other football fans to hear about this and maybe these teams could scrimmage some of the other leagues around.

Alba does a good job and I believe their school teams will be better in a few years.

I have a son who played from K to 6th grade in Van. What great memories, enjoy it while you can. The league has grown this year with Hawkins, BB and Quitman being added. The Pres. of the league does a great job with both football and cheer. Very time consuming and it doesn't pay to well :notworthy:

Whos the contact in setting up a scrimmage?

All of ours( k-6th) are part of the Longview league...

Would like to play someone other than Longview.. Not that we cant hold our own.. One group has been superbowl champs since they started playing..

Any info would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to play someone other than Longview.. Not that we cant hold our own.. One group has been superbowl champs since they started playing..

Any info would be great.

Rusty Smith is the President of the league 903-963-8315

• 1 month later...

Any info would be great.

west bowie youth football is always welcoming any competition. sounds like we need to get all three of these groups of kids together for some games. contact #903-277-0735 league president.

or maybe put an allstar team together and play. then you can see how youth across northeast texas matches up.

Lets get it done. need contact numbers of teams/leagues, put it on in a central location. 12 and under allstar teams accross east Texas come together to play. has a ring to it, dont it. :thumbsup:

started a whole new thread to try to get this together. may have to start planning now for next year unless we get a bunch of responces soon...

We already have a way for the kids to compete, not only state wide but nation wide. The process is well established.

Our teams have the chance to compete

• first in the league
  • second - east texas, arkansas, oklahoma
  • third - south texas, central texas, new mexico, colorado
  • fourth - winners of those rounds
  • fifth - at nationals

We already have a way for the kids to compete, not only state wide but nation wide. The process is well established.

Our teams have the chance to compete

• first in the league
  • second - east texas, arkansas, oklahoma
  • third - south texas, central texas, new mexico, colorado
  • fourth - winners of those rounds
  • fifth - at nationals

Please inform me how? We would love the chance to compete?

Please inform me how? We would love the chance to compete?

The teams are not specifically all star teams. We are a Pop Warner association playing with Brazos Valley in Division II. Playoffs are in November and nationals are in Orlando, FL in December. We are the eastern most association of five associations, two of those have sent teams to nationals for the past two years.

There are seven age/weight categories in two divisions. Junior Peewee is the first level that advances past league bowl game play. We have only posted the JP regional brackets. (www.houstoncountyfootball.org)

How far east are you guys? We would like more teams in league play but have to adhere to the weight guideline from Pop Warner and the NFL Players Association.

• 2 weeks later...
High School is not the only playoff still running.

2010 SOUTHWEST REGION CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
NOVEMBER 27, 2010
SAN ANTONIO ISD SPORTS COMPLEX
(ADJACENT TO BURBANK HIGH SCHOOL)
1000 EDWARDS STREET
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS 78204
TIME

DIVISION

TEAMS

9:00 a.m.
Jr. Pee Wee (Bowl Game)
North Houston Ravens
vs.
Pleasanton Eagles

11:00 a.m.
Jr. Pee Wee (DII)
Leander/Cedar Park Mustangs vs.
Tyler Hurricanes

1:00 p.m.
Pee Wee (DII)
College Station Raiders
vs.
Orange Longhorns

3:00 p.m.
Jr. Midget (DII)
Prospect Hill Yellowjackets
vs.
Briargate War Dogs

5:00 p.m.
Jr. Pee Wee (DI)
Arlington Thunder
vs.
Southside Cardinals

7:00 p.m.
Pee Wee (DI)
Arlington Thunder
vs.
Leander/Cedar Park Bengals

Notes

I. Teams and Leagues
· Tyler Hurricanes East Texas PWFL
· Leander/Cedar Park Mustangs Central Texas PWFL
· College Station Raiders Brazos Valley PWFL
· Orange Longhorns Gulf Coast PWFL
· Briargate War Dogs Rocky Mountain PWFL (Colorado)
· Prospect Hill Yellowjackets San Antonio PWFL
· Arlington Thunder North Texas PWFL
· Leander/Cedar Park Bengals Central Texas PWFL

• 1 year later...