Cayuga Volleyball

swtsu90

So let's hear it for the Cayuga Lady Wildcats! The varsity girls won the championship against Palestine (3A) in the Grapeland tourney held this past weekend. The girls played hard and looked great! They're off to a great start!!!!!!!!

I got a chance to see them play a couple of times in the tourney and they looked really good. Grapeland gave them a pretty good game in the second round of the bracket play. Palestine was a good team too, so beating them says something.

• 5 weeks later...
I got a chance to see them play a couple of times in the tourney and they looked really good. Grapeland gave them a pretty good game in the second round of the bracket play. Palestine was a good team too, so beating them says something.

Don't get on this side too much, check it out every once in awhile to see if anyone posts anything but nothing....guess folks don't care too much about girls v-ball. I take it your from Grapeland, not sure if you were at the game Tues. nite but it was a very good match between Grapeland and Cayuga. Grapeland came out with tons of enthusiasm in the first two games and really took it to Cayuga. Our girls looked really flat and seemed like they didn't really want to be playing. The football boys came in after their practice and started cheering and backing the girls and all of the sudden they woke up and started to play and won 3 straight. It was probably the best game I've seen all year. #10 for Grapeland is amazing,,,not only can she pound on the front line, but from what I saw she's ya'lls best player on the back line also. The only fault I saw in her was sometimes if it was a bad set she would still try to kill it when maybe she should just get it over. Ya'll have a good squad and should do well come playoff time.

Don't get on this side too much, check it out every once in awhile to see if anyone posts anything but nothing....guess folks don't care too much about girls v-ball. I take it your from Grapeland, not sure if you were at the game Tues. nite but it was a very good match between Grapeland and Cayuga. Grapeland came out with tons of enthusiasm in the first two games and really took it to Cayuga. Our girls looked really flat and seemed like they didn't really want to be playing. The football boys came in after their practice and started cheering and backing the girls and all of the sudden they woke up and started to play and won 3 straight. It was probably the best game I've seen all year. #10 for Grapeland is amazing,,,not only can she pound on the front line, but from what I saw she's ya'lls best player on the back line also. The only fault I saw in her was sometimes if it was a bad set she would still try to kill it when maybe she should just get it over. Ya'll have a good squad and should do well come playoff time.

I wasn't able to make it Tuesday night, but it sounded like a really good game. #10 is far and away the best player on the team, she is a junior and was named All-State last year. The team can be inconsistant at times, but overall they will be fine during district. In the tournament Cayuga looked very good, and should make another deep run in the playoffs from what I keep hearing. The Knox girl sounds like she is having another great season. Good luck to the Lady 'Cats in district.