OFFICIAL THREAD: LONGVIEW Vs. MARSHALL

Mavchamp

It's called tongue-in-cheek humor. It was in no way meant as disrespect. You should no better than just about anyone how much I respect the Lobo program.

I thought I'd toss it out there to add it to the 17 other "longview has the best ________ (you name it)" threads floating around on SDC.

Jeez.

I remember when this use to be fun. Not anymore.

Yeah, I know that you respect Longview. But you don't have to exaggerate that all Lobo fans think they're the greatest at everything; that's all I'm saying.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LV should win by at least 10pts, but maybe Marshall can give them a good game? Marshall is going to do very well in 4A regardless of how this one goes.

Good luck to both teams!

Agreed. This isn't a make or break game for either team, especially with how the rivalry has died down in recent years. Longview should win, but Marshall has shown that they can beat Longview if they can hang onto the ball.

That score may come back to haunt you. It will be a very close game. Of course, I hope you are right.

of course it may but marshall doesnt have the weapons on offense they had last year and I think our O will pick up right where it left off and even be better this year. Defense has always ben the least of my worries at Longview but I guess Berry is gone so I hope the new DC knows his stuff.

Agreed. This isn't a make or break game for either team, especially with how the rivalry has died down in recent years. Longview should win, but Marshall has shown that they can beat Longview if they can hang onto the ball.

its been a while since they have beat us

First off, let me say this is not a post to bad mouth Maverick stadium. I would like to know if the lighting has been improved along with the walking surface at the stadium's visitors concession area? I attended the game over at Maverick stadium last year against Tx. High and this area needed some work.

I'm sure the visitors side will be packed along with the visitors concession stand area come Friday night. If it has not been improved, please use caution getting back to your seats if you use the concession stand area on the visitors side.

Good luck to both of these former 13-4A rivals in their 100th meeting . WOW ! This should be a tremendous game.

Maverick Stadium is in dire need of improvements. Everything has been improved over the last 7 years except the lighting, bathrooms, concessions and walk way. Its weird seeing a stadium be nice in some areas and trashy in other areas. I hope MISD takes notice, because many visitors do.

100th matchup and only 2 pages.... Last year ya'll had to have over 15 pages. What has happend to you guys?

for some reason people on both sides are scared to say what they think. IMO Longview will be just as good as they have been but I dont think Marshall will be what they have been, at least on offense. I hear Marshall is having trouble at QB and RB and if that is he case they are in trouble.

From what I understand, our starting RB may not play or will be limited. If that is the case, LV will have to complete a higher percentage of passes than in the past. I don't think that the back up RB will be able to carry the load against Marshall's fast and hard hitting D...just my opinion...

From what I understand, our starting RB may not play or will be limited. If that is the case, LV will have to complete a higher percentage of passes than in the past. I don't think that the back up RB will be able to carry the load against Marshall's fast and hard hitting D...just my opinion...

Better to rest the RB during the non-district play to have him healthy for district. The non-district stuff only matters slightly for morale and momentum. A good team like Longview doesn't have to have momentum. They take it one game at a time anyway.

If they lose because their stud RB isn't playing... big deal. He'll be healthy when it counts.

Better to rest the RB during the non-district play to have him healthy for district. The non-district stuff only matters slightly for morale and momentum. A good team like Longview doesn't have to have momentum. They take it one game at a time anyway.

If they lose because their stud RB isn't playing... big deal. He'll be healthy when it counts.

I completely agree...if he can't play don't force it...

Big difference in last season's game and this game.

Last season we were both state ranked and unbeaten in district play. It was basically for the district championship. We each had 5-6 games under our belt when the match up came along.

Neither side has any clue what to expect. It's the first game. All we've seen is scrimmage play.

Each side has bright points and each has major concerns.

I think it's going to be a sloppy barnburner. Close score that could go either way.

Can't wait!

Big difference in last season's game and this game.

Last season we were both state ranked and unbeaten in district play. It was basically for the district championship. We each had 5-6 games under our belt when the match up came along.

Neither side has any clue what to expect. It's the first game. All we've seen is scrimmage play.

I think it's going to be a sloppy barnburner. Close score that could go either way.

Can't wait!

sorry but longview expects to win and in a big way.! the have instilled thatg confidence in their program. the offense i believe might be better than last year. the qb might one of the best in texas period by the end of the year. longview returns half its starters from a very good team. i really do expect them to come out on fire. i have a feeling they will play ver,very well! offense will be way more balanced!

sorry but longview expects to win and in a big way.! the have instilled thatg confidence in their program.

As opposed to what????? not winning is instilled in Marshall :icon_confused:

I think he meant winning against Marshall will come easy, because thats what Lobos are used to since 2001. Marshall wins, but Longview wins more and beats Marshall. All streaks must come to an end. This is as good of a year as any, with it being the first varsity game for many Lobo starters. First game usually means more mistakes for both teams. Marshall usually turns the ball over anyways, so maybe Longview will at least return the favor. Marshall has the Defense to force turnovers and I believe they will. The question is, will Marshall take care of the ball and at least be able to punt if need be, until the offense can start to get into sync.

Mavericks-31

Hobos- 24

I think he meant winning against Marshall will come easy, because thats what Lobos are used to since 2001. Marshall wins, but Longview wins more and beats Marshall. All streaks must come to an end. This is as good of a year as any, with it being the first varsity game for many Lobo starters. First game usually means more mistakes for both teams. Marshall usually turns the ball over anyways, so maybe Longview will at least return the favor. Marshall has the Defense to force turnovers and I believe they will. The question is, will Marshall take care of the ball and at least be able to punt if need be, until the offense can start to get into sync.

Mavericks-31

Hobos- 24

Winning against the Mavwrecks hasn't come easy since 2001. Well, maybe in 2002 and in 2003 it did, but in the others, it's been Marshall beating themselves. I'm not sure what causes it, but every year against Marshall, some strange phenomenon kicks in and causes Marshall to turn the ball over in the second half. That's been the difference in every game starting with 2004. Longview DOES seem to turn the ball over more in their first game of the year. It cost us in 2007 against Lufkin, 2008 against Allen, and then in 2009 against Allen, we turned the ball over a lot, but somehow still pulled it out. I guess we could talk ourselves to death.... I just can't wait for the game!

So why did you feel the need to do this? Nobody, even after that sarcastic line, said anything, disrespected Marshall, acted like Longview was the best, etc. Geez.

Uh, please listen up baby while Momma Lucrecia talk some sense.

First off, you need quit actin all defensive. This a sports page, not a tractor pull. You welcome.

2) He was paying Longvrew a compliment on they web page, hello and thank you. That why he plugged your page on here and on his own site.

and 4) Eryone need to go to the link he be done posted, and so you can see that Longvrew do indeed has the best football site for they program around here.

Now, I needs to get back to cooking my greens. Anyone have a ham hock I can borrow?

Free lesson, Lobo2004, so please no check in the mail. You welcome baby, that's why Im's here.

Maverick Stadium is in dire need of improvements. Everything has been improved over the last 7 years except the lighting, bathrooms, concessions and walk way. Its weird seeing a stadium be nice in some areas and trashy in other areas. I hope MISD takes notice, because many visitors do.

The pressbox is in dire need of renovations, especially the radio booth.

Hey Mavchamp! You gonna be in the pressbox before the game?

First off, you need quit actin all defensive. This a sports page, not a tractor pull. You welcome.

2) He was paying Longvrew a compliment on they web page, hello and thank you. That why he plugged your page on here and on his own site.

and 4) Eryone need to go to the link he be done posted, and so you can see that Longvrew do indeed has the best football site for they program around here.

Now, I needs to get back to cooking my greens. Anyone have a ham hock I can borrow?

Free lesson, Lobo2004, so please no check in the mail. You welcome baby, that's why Im's here.

welcome to the board...you are hilarious.... :notworthy:

I think it's going to be a sloppy barnburner. Close score that could go either way.Can't wait!

as has come to be the case every year under Coach King I have high expectations. I think most Longview fans feel the same way. We have enough coming back and more talent to fill in the holes that Longview should come out and play well. Longview has more bright spots than concerns so it should be another great season.

as has come to be the case every year under Coach King I have high expectations. I think most Longview fans feel the same way. We have enough coming back and more talent to fill in the holes that Longview should come out and play well. Longview has more bright spots than concerns so it should be another great season.

I agree, just wish we would have our starting RB...

Lesson? Take some lessons in grammar, spelling, and punctuation before you try giving anyone else "lessons" on anything, and maybe you'll make some sense. Also, in today's overly politically-correct society, that stuff MAY seem a little offensive to some.