LO vs Mart

hitorbhit2

I want to see Mart and Lone Oak from 2000 again...LO led the whole game 7-0 and quan cosby drove and and tied the game with :39 seconds left and Mart went on winning with Quan throwing a hail mary off his back foot and won the game in OT...I would of loved to see that Lone Oak team face Celina in the state game.

I saw the game between LO and Mart. Both teams had alot of speed and size. LO only score came on an interception. Marts defense pretty much shut down the offense of LO which was averaging over 50 points per game. In fact the LO offense was never able to get any sustained drives and was not able to cross the 50 yard line. I was helping w/stats that game and I remember everyone talking about LO might win the game with just 4 first downs to Marts 12, and total yards of less than 100. I also remember the wind and how cold it was. That was a fun game.

I saw the game between LO and Mart. Both teams had alot of speed and size. LO only score came on an interception. Marts defense pretty much shut down the offense of LO which was averaging over 50 points per game. In fact the LO offense was never able to get any sustained drives and was not able to cross the 50 yard line. I was helping w/stats that game and I remember everyone talking about LO might win the game with just 4 first downs to Marts 12, and total yards of less than 100. I also remember the wind and how cold it was. That was a fun game.

I'm not sure if it is the same year but that was a good game at Texas Stadium with Mart and Celina.

I'm not sure if it is the same year but that was a good game at Texas Stadium with Mart and Celina.

It was the same year. Mart had a 30 game winning streak and Celina had a 40 game winning streak. Mart was the 1999 DI State Champs and Celina was the 1999 DII State Champs. It was a great State Championship Game played by two great teams with a lot of football history.

I had two sons on the LO team. I also have the game on video. LO did cross the 50 a couple of times. Once in the 2nd quarter after stopping Mart on the LO one yrd line. The QB hit the WR on the Mart sideline at about the LO 25. He made it the Mart 15 yrd line before Quan "Fetched" him. The next play LO was intercepted. With that being said, Mart's D was awesome. It was a great HS football game. Every once in awhile my sons and watch that game and always come away saying "Shooda, cooda, wooda.

I had two sons on the LO team. I also have the game on video. LO did cross the 50 a couple of times. Once in the 2nd quarter after stopping Mart on the LO one yrd line. The QB hit the WR on the Mart sideline at about the LO 25. He made it the Mart 15 yrd line before Quan "Fetched" him. The next play LO was intercepted. With that being said, Mart's D was awesome. It was a great HS football game. Every once in awhile my sons and watch that game and always come away saying "Shooda, cooda, wooda.

That is right I do remember the catch and if it had been any other DB than Quan I think the receiver scores. If you remember that year Mart played Refugio in the Semi-s and were down 21 - 0. They were able to come back and win that on I think 22-21. There are still quite a few people from Refugio that think they had the best team in the State that year. My opinion is that the DII of 2000 w/Celina, Lone Oak, Mart, and Refugio were all just really great teams and that was just a special year.

I played on the Alto team that year that played Lone Oak in the 1st round at Chapel Hill, we were up by 12 with 6 minutes left and lost by 3. Was a great game, but a terrible ending.

That is right I do remember the catch and if it had been any other DB than Quan I think the receiver scores. If you remember that year Mart played Refugio in the Semi-s and were down 21 - 0. They were able to come back and win that on I think 22-21. There are still quite a few people from Refugio that think they had the best team in the State that year. My opinion is that the DII of 2000 w/Celina, Lone Oak, Mart, and Refugio were all just really great teams and that was just a special year.

A boy from LO had a class with Quan at UT. Quan told him the LO game was the hardest he was hit all year. He was a special player. We still enjoy keeping up with him even in the pro's. Oh yea, Quan could bring the wood too! Ask the kick off returner from LO!

I played on the Alto team that year that played Lone Oak in the 1st round at Chapel Hill, we were up by 12 with 6 minutes left and lost by 3. Was a great game, but a terrible ending.

That was a crazy game. A tale of two games in one. It was an exciting finish for LO.

A boy from LO had a class with Quan at UT. Quan told him the LO game was the hardest he was hit all year. He was a special player. We still enjoy keeping up with him even in the pro's. Oh yea, Quan could bring the wood too! Ask the kick off returner from LO!

Just curious, but would that player have been and pardon if I have the spelling wrong I think his name was Stegall or Steegall. He played at Texas, really fast guy.

against teague quan cosby had a rushing td,threw a td pass,returned a punt for td and returned pass interception for a td.all this came in the 1st quarter against a teague team that was tri-champs in class 3a.he is a special player and a very polite young man.