JV Scores 9-2-10

cowdab

Your JV has to get experience and they can't get it on the bench. Taking pitty on someone thur. night will do you no good for fridays to come. You can try not to score, but who knows, many of the points that was scored, might have been their own fault. You can't tell the boys to stop when the program has not had much success lately, and are in great hands of Adair and Ives. Go without winning for awhile and see how good 58 points feels. Success spreads!

no need to run a jv score up that high

How can you say that unless you were there and know for a fact what happened?

A couple of weeks ago my JV beat someone 50-0 and the score was 32-0 at half. We only have sixteen kids on JV and our starting backs were out at halftime. We ran only ISO the second half and I even told the Refs to find a holding call anytime one of our back broke into the clear. We still put up three scores in the second half with a running clock in spite of everything we could do to hold the score down.

Plenty of parents on the other team left mouthing about how we had embarrased their kids. What I would have liked to have said was "if I had wanted to run the score up it would have been 100-0". I have been on both sides of these butt kickings and often times the other team is so bad you cannot stop yourself from scoring unless you start punting or taking a knee on first down. And in my opinion that is more of a humiliation than running up a big score.

When you get to the point of having your third and fourth wide receivers carry the ball after you showed them what to do at halftime and THEY are still scoring untouched you have to expect the other team to do something for themselves.

How can you say that unless you were there and know for a fact what happened?

A couple of weeks ago my JV beat someone 50-0 and the score was 32-0 at half. We only have sixteen kids on JV and our starting backs were out at halftime. We ran only ISO the second half and I even told the Refs to find a holding call anytime one of our back broke into the clear. We still put up three scores in the second half with a running clock in spite of everything we could do to hold the score down.

Plenty of parents on the other team left mouthing about how we had embarrased their kids. What I would have liked to have said was "if I had wanted to run the score up it would have been 100-0". I have been on both sides of these butt kickings and often times the other team is so bad you cannot stop yourself from scoring unless you start punting or taking a knee on first down. And in my opinion that is more of a humiliation than running up a big score.

When you get to the point of having your third and fourth wide receivers carry the ball after you showed them what to do at halftime and THEY are still scoring untouched you have to expect the other team to do something for themselves.

be careful getting down from your soap box........