Longview @ Allen

eagles66

I'm not going to make a prediction on this game. I'm interested to hear what others think. Especially anyone that has seen Allen play this year. Also, from the Lobo fans, and others interested in East Tx. football.

Who do I want to win ? The Lobos and East Texas for sure. I know Allen won their first game, but how did they do last Friday against Justin Northwest ?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to make a prediction on this game. I'm interested to hear what others think. Especially anyone that has seen Allen play this year. Also, from the Lobo fans, and others interested in East Tx. football.

Who do I want to win ? The Lobos and East Texas for sure. I know Allen won their first game, but how did they do last Friday against Justin Northwest ?

They won easy forgot what the score was.

Allen won 46-7 over Justin Northwest.

The Lobos will be in a hostile enviornment this week. Allen could have 10-15K at their game in the new stadium.

That's tough for a young team. It will be interesting to see how well Longview fans will travel for a long trip on a Friday night.

Allen has to be a heavy favorite.......but I think it would be foolish to overlook the Lobos. No matter how much is stacked against them.

The Lobos will be in a hostile enviornment this week. Allen could have 10-15K at their game in the new stadium.

That's tough for a young team. It will be interesting to see how well Longview fans will travel for a long trip on a Friday night.

Allen has to be a heavy favorite.......but I think it would be foolish to overlook the Lobos. No matter how much is stacked against them.

Mavchamp,

Good comment on the long drive and how many Lobo backers will go to Allen. When things are going great, it is easy to drive 150-175 miles. When your team might lose, it becomes very tough. Longview has always had a great road crowd. I expect them to be in Allen Friday night to pull for the team in green.

Mavchamp,

Good comment on the long drive and how many Lobo backers will go to Allen. When things are going great, it is easy to drive 150-175 miles. When your team might lose, it becomes very tough. Longview has always had a great road crowd. I expect them to be in Allen Friday night to pull for the team in green.

Longview couldn't handle John Tyler, Allen by 28!!!

New stadium doesn't open until 2012.

I hear Bivins Caraway III may start this game. If so, I look for him to have a huge coming out party.

If Longview can limit the mistakes, the fumbles, the dropped passes, the tipped passes that turn into interceptions, etc., I have no doubt they can beat Allen, and beat Allen good.

If they make the same mistakes they did against John Tyler (the same mistakes they made in 08 against Allen), then it will get ugly for the Lobos again. Allen is too good a team (much like John Tyler) to turn the ball over against; they'll make you pay for it.

Longview is probably gonna get thumped this week. Allen is a really good team...Longview is just young.

___

I will be interested in the sub varsity games between these two teams. From what I have read there is lots of help coming for the Lobos from the sub varsity teams in the future.

It is very possible longview goes on a 4 game lose streak.....jt, allen, lufkin, abilene, but we always expect a victory regardless of who we play....I feel like the talent is there, they just need to mature. The o-line is one thing I am worried about. IMO, the talent is not there for the o line. I know we have made a history of getting the most out of smaller lines but this year just seems especially week

Like Texas High's losing streak to Longview? hahahahaha! :rofl:

Nah, Texas High just got beat by JVILLE and had trouble with Vidor. If they get by Arkansas High, that'll be a real shocker. I guess I shouldn't make fun of them. I mean, they DID not only lose to Longview 41-7 and 28-25, but they also got beat in the playoffs by teams that Longview was able to beat. Sorry you guys aren't any good and you've been reduced to hoping for Longview losses against good teams instead of hoping for Texas High wins against bad teams (which you apparently struggle to get and are unlikely).

I am really tired of arguing and seeing pointless arguements on our threads, so lets just try and ignore those the comments like dogons

I am really tired of arguing and seeing pointless arguements on our threads, so lets just try and ignore those the comments like dogons

Okay, cool. His life is sad enough he's gotta resort to that, so I shouldn't smash him deeper and deeper...

Allen is a good team, Longview is on the road, Longview possibly has a young QB starting, and Longview has been making mistakes = Big Allen win.

This could get ugly. Longview has a chance if they catch a couple of breaks and get teh momentum going. With young players, youth can be a detrement. However, it can be a huge attribute if they get their emotions going in the right direction. We shall see Friday. Go Lobos.

This could get ugly. Longview has a chance if they catch a couple of breaks and get teh momentum going. With young players, youth can be a detrement. However, it can be a huge attribute if they get their emotions going in the right direction. We shall see Friday. Go Lobos.

Your are right this could get ugly. I think Longview could be 2 straight in the Loss department. Good luck Lobo's.

It is very possible longview goes on a 4 game lose streak.....jt, allen, lufkin, abilene, but we always expect a victory regardless of who we play....I feel like the talent is there, they just need to mature. The o-line is one thing I am worried about. IMO, the talent is not there for the o line. I know we have made a history of getting the most out of smaller lines but this year just seems especially week

With the ridiculously difficult schedule Longview was playing everyone knew that there was a possibility of a losing streak this year. Most just didn't expect it to start last week against JT. Allen, Lufkin and Abilene are all very good teams. But, at the same time Longview is capable of beating any of those teams. It's just tough to beat those teams in successive weeks.

Good Luck to the Lobos.

I made a thread about home field advantage being overrated in hs football with some exceptions. Well this is one of them. I've been to a few of their games and it will be packed with passionate fans. The Eagle band has over six hundred members and they know WHEN to play loud. If Longview leaves there with a W after making that trip, they will be more than fine for the rest of the season.

By the way, I can't wait to see the 60 million dollar stadium they're building. It will be a site to see.

With the ridiculously difficult schedule Longview was playing everyone knew that there was a possibility of a losing streak this year. Most just didn't expect it to start last week against JT. Allen, Lufkin and Abilene are all very good teams. But, at the same time Longview is capable of beating any of those teams. It's just tough to beat those teams in successive weeks.

Good Luck to the Lobos.

As much as I would like to walk out of that hostile environment with a W, I just don't see it happening. The D will keep it close first half, but the O will once again disappointment...Hope I'm wrong..but...

Allen-35

Longview-14

Sad thing is, they are the least of my worries. The boys down 59 may put us out of business all together..50+ points on a talented Lee team...geshhh.