1. Hallsville (54 ppg)

2. Whitehouse (39 ppg)

3. Nacogdoches (37 ppg)

4. Marshall (33 ppg)

5. Jacksonville (32 ppg)

6. Kilgore (22 ppg)

7. John Tyler (20 ppg)

8. Pine Tree (3 ppg)

Here are some current unofficial offensive numbers for the district with some teams having one final nondistrict game. A few teams could switch places but it's more likely the district could start with each team in it's current place.

District 14-4A Unofficial Defensive Averages

1. John Tyler (10 papg)

2. Hallsville (14 papg)

3. Whitehouse (18 papg)

4. Marshall (19 papg)

5. Jacksonville (30 papg)

6. Kilgore (31 papg)

7. Pine Tree (39 papg)

8. Nacogdoches (68 papg)

A few teams may appear to be slightly better than, worse than, or equal to it's offense on this side of the ball. With one last nondistrict game left for some teams the averages could go up, down, or stay the same.

This all looks good but......to get an accurate theory to make any of this mean anything at all...you'd have to factor in strength of schedules.....for instance..... Hallsville is scoring 54 ppg......giving up 14 ppg....(40 point margin)....JT is scoring just 20 ppg....and giving up just 10 ppg....(10 point margin). If you look at it.....hey H-ville ought to wipe the floor with JT right?....but then you realize...Hallsville has been playing sub par to decent 3A teams at best......JT is 2-1 against stellar 5A programs beating Longview and Tyler Lee.....while their only loss is a 1 point deficit to powerhouse Lufkin. Moral of the story.....JT will beat the brakes off of Hallsville. If H-ville had scheduled Lufkin, Longview, and Tyler Lee.....they'd be 0-3.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so,but not so sure. Jacksonville looks pretty good, and I wouldn't overlook Whitehouse,Hallsville,Marshall,or Kilgore. JT just needs to take it one game at a time.

Marshall and WH are likely the best shots at giving JT a game, but I think they will win each district game by at least 2 TDs. JT biggest problem will be over confidence. If they sleepwalk that may give a team having a really good night the opportunity for the upset.

Nobody else in the district is on the level with Lufkin and Longview. Lee would win this district if they were in it instead of JT, so I don't see Marshall, JVille or WH being able to do the job. They all may be good, but they are 4A good. JT looks 5A good.

This all looks good but......to get an accurate theory to make any of this mean anything at all...you'd have to factor in strength of schedules.....for instance..... Hallsville is scoring 54 ppg......giving up 14 ppg....(40 point margin)....JT is scoring just 20 ppg....and giving up just 10 ppg....(10 point margin). If you look at it.....hey H-ville ought to wipe the floor with JT right?....but then you realize...Hallsville has been playing sub par to decent 3A teams at best......JT is 2-1 against stellar 5A programs beating Longview and Tyler Lee.....while their only loss is a 1 point deficit to powerhouse Lufkin. Moral of the story.....JT will beat the brakes off of Hallsville. If H-ville had scheduled Lufkin, Longview, and Tyler Lee.....they'd be 0-3.

Have you seen Hallsville play?

Marshall and WH are likely the best shots at giving JT a game, but I think they will win each district game by at least 2 TDs. JT biggest problem will be over confidence. If they sleepwalk that may give a team having a really good night the opportunity for the upset.

Nobody else in the district is on the level with Lufkin and Longview. Lee would win this district if they were in it instead of JT, so I don't see Marshall, JVille or WH being able to do the job. They all may be good, but they are 4A good. JT looks 5A good.

That's the only problem I have with JT. Overconfidence could cause them to lose a game or almost lose because they think they are more superior. I am not saying they would come into any game over confident but you know how kids are. I'm better than you because I'm this or that.

It will take all of about a quarter for hallsville to realize what they have gotten themselves into. JT has the size and speed to destroy hallsville. Hallsville seems to have a better offense this year and should have some success with it...BUT...John Tyler is going to beat the #### out of them....

Yes, and Hallsville is not better than Longview or Tyler Lee or Lufkin. Do you think they can still "outscore" John Tyler? I think not.

I'm picking Hallsville 5th in this district. We all know they are used to that spot anyways.

Come on guys, this is not a bash Hallsville post... For the record.. IF you put in Longview performance against JT against Hallsville. I have no doubt Hallsville would win. I can say that having seen the game Lee on the other hand is less than impressive... JT is a good team, JT MAY win the district, they are going to get beat up on defense with the Hallsville, Jacksonville, WH, Marshall offenses in district. Some of you posters need to let the teams play their games.

No one is to mention Hallsville has a pretty good looking defense so far. Lindale's O is very good, we held them to 7 points in the first half and during mop up time they put up 21 more. Hallsvilles defense may keep them in a lot of games. See us before you speak and stop running your mouth.

Mavslave, how long have you been a fan? If you think we are "used" to getting fifth take in the fact that this is our records since 2003

2003 8-4-0 283-209 Roger Adams

2004 7-3-0 237-126 Roger Adams

2005 7-4-0 269-197 David Plunk

2006 7-4-0 David Plunk

2007 3-7-0 David Plunk

2008 5-5-0 David Plunk

2009 3-7-0 David Plunk

The last three years have been pretty ugly, but Hallsville is brewing up some athletes and younger players/ grades are excelling.

Yeah, we have missed playoffs the last three years, but the other 3 years we were in playoffs and 1 of those years if there was a four team playoff then Hallsville COULD have a ring on their hands ( 3 playoff teams who finished 4th in district have titles in 2 years)

So... no I'm not quite ready to get used to the 5th spot in district. Still feels new to me, this year will have to play out. LET IT PLAY OUT.... Come watch us against CH and tell me what you think then. Win or lose we are a lot better than most think. I expect more from a Maverick fan, but I should just shake my head at your post... every team has their trolls. BTW, every team has to outscore the other to win a game.

Kingwolf... Gotten ourselves into?? Really? We are in a 4A district with a 5a sized team... have been for two years. Do you mean we don't know what we have gotten ourselves into by saying.... we should have lost the past two teams to be more prepared for JT? Please explain.

I leave for couple hours and things go downhill.

JTs a great team, but talk about them when its their week to play. ANYTHING can happen in a week.

I don't get into strength of schedule. I look at a team's potential because these are kids normal age ranged between 15-18. As unpredictable as that age range is...going by what they did two hours ago versus what they will do tomorrow is risky. The days of winning one or two district games and making the playoffs is gone. Three wins won't even cut it in 14-4A. Four even five wins will get a team some consideration but unlike in 5A, it may not be enought. Bottomline, JT will have to play for breaks every week and not expect teams to give any breaks.

Lee would win 14-4A if they were in it????? Now that is very funny. What are you smoking this year Bevo?

Nope......Work with a guy from Hallsville that said he doesn't think they'll make the playoffs....Said he wishes they were playing teams like JT is playing......he said when district comes they'll fold like a cheap lawn chair.

I know everybody wants to crown JT the district champ after beating a couple of 5a teams and taking another one to the brink. I do to but I truly believe everybody will be giving JT their A game. With that being said I think it's going to be some interesting games this year.

i agree with VONG. i also dont think JT is on longviews level. At least not the past two years. JT will not blow through district like lview. Saw them play longview, lee is very down this year. Robertson didnt play much against them also. Jt defence is best in district for sure

Yes JT may have the best defense in the District. We all know that and we have stated it. We also Yall say that your defense is pretty good but unless yall find a way to shut down David Bush, you are going to be in for a very long night.

hallsville has no chance with jt

Everyone has a chance. The score right now is 0-0. Do I think Hallsville will win or even want them to no. They do have a chance and I won't discredit them and say they have no shot. The defense is their to carry this team but the offense will have to greatly improve for then to sweep the district. JT will not shut every team down so they need to score some points. I don't think 28 or 17 points in a game will win every game with all these high power offense's in this district.

Yes JT may have the best defense in the District. We all know that and we have stated it. We also Yall say that your defense is pretty good but unless yall find a way to shut down David Bush, you are going to be in for a very long night.

Suficiente02... you still havent really answered why you are overlooking Chapel Hill or whoever you are playing this week. I hope they donkeypunch you in the gonads this week, James Madison/Appalachian State style, so we can come back to this post and ask you what happened to your "high-powered" offense.

Suficiente02... you still havent really answered why you are overlooking Chapel Hill or whoever you are playing this week. I hope they donkeypunch you in the gonads this week, James Madison/Appalachian State style, so we can come back to this post and ask you what happened to your "high-powered" offense.

JT has a bye this week and Hallsville plays Chapel Hill this week. I am looking forward to district play and I think JT will do what is expected of them. My thing is JT improving week to week. There are some good 4A teams in this district but I think JT is an ELITE 4A team IMO. JT is much further ahead than I thought they would be this early in the season. Coach rush has done a great job of keeping this team level headed and that is a BIG plus for them going further into the season and into the playoffs.

JT has a bye this week and Hallsville plays Chapel Hill this week. I am looking forward to district play and I think JT will do what is expected of them. My thing is JT improving week to week. There are some good 4A teams in this district but I think JT is an ELITE 4A team IMO. JT is much further ahead than I thought they would be this early in the season. Coach rush has done a great job of keeping this team level headed and that is a BIG plus for them going further into the season and into the playoffs.

They are definitely that!