John Tyler vs Hallsville

cujoforlife

Since you are no longer bound by anything to do with Marshall...... as a Marshall fan, I requst you get a new name on SDC. I hate having 99% of the crud you post on here associated to MHS in any way.

Thank you.

Per request of my good friend Mavchump, I have decided to change my name to describe more of who I am and where I came from. And 99% of the "crud" I post on here is relevant to football and my predictions. You are still upset about last year when you were calling out the coaching staff and the Mavs were still rolling and I called you out on it. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Now back to Hallsville/JT... How has that Cochran kid been sizing up this year? I saw him this summer beefing up even more. Anyone on JT going to be able to rough him up?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per request of my good friend Mavchump, I have decided to change my name to describe more of who I am and where I came from. And 99% of the "crud" I post on here is relevant to football and my predictions. You are still upset about last year when you were calling out the coaching staff and the Mavs were still rolling and I called you out on it. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Now back to Hallsville/JT... How has that Cochran kid been sizing up this year? I saw him this summer beefing up even more. Anyone on JT going to be able to rough him up?

Read the posts about Hallsville vs PG and HV vs Lindale. He is flat out dominating. He destroys his man and then helps him up, kindly pats him on the head, and returns to the huddle. Repeat play.

Cochran is a big dude at 6'7 270. JT's Dline is realitively small with senior end 6'0 180, senior tackles 5'11 210 and 5'10 270, junior end 6'3 225, and rotating sophomores 6'3 190 and 5'10 225. JT's senior linebackers are 5'11 235, 5'10 180, 5'10 180, and rotating senior 6'1 195. I'm not sure how deep Cochran's blocking progression is but whomever gets the honors of taking him on had better be ready.

Here is my post: "Rush can't pick from something that's not scheduled for football. JT's freshman team suits out 29-30 kids and the JV around 45 kids. Majority of the members of JT's largest population of student, which is over 50% of the school, have no desire to play football. Now the soccer coach can take his pick of athletes.". In the third sentence after the second "of" it's states, "JT's largest population". Now I understand you transferred from JT to Lee but surely you haven't forgotten where JT is located but just in case, it's nowhere close to South Texas. Let's go back to the first word in the third sentence, "Majority", the definition of said word means the greater part of or number larger than half. You can't convince me nor anyone that has a roster or watches these players turn in from practice that 6 players is even a good representing number for customary members in that population. How many members from that majority population are on the Freshman, JV, and Varsity basketball team at JT? How many are on the track team? Contrary to what you and most people believe, JT is no longer the school that has multi-sport athletic participants spilling over onto Loop 323.

Today's athletic programs at JT, it's a combination of good coaches and hard working dedicated players that's keeping the name John Tyler alive. There was time when half the football team ran sub 4.5 forties but this team has about 3. BTW, who was it that Edinburgh beat in the second round of 7 on 7 Championship bracket?

i lived around latinos all my life. and played soccer with them. most of then would play football. you just had to show them how to...once more start getting into it. others will want to play. JT's team has always been mostly blk. the only white or latino kids has been on the kicking team. coach Rush is just going to have to find a way to get more of them to want to play the game. most of the Oline is latino

i lived around latinos all my life. and played soccer with them. most of then would play football. you just had to show them how to...once more start getting into it. others will want to play. JT's team has always been mostly blk. the only white or latino kids has been on the kicking team. coach Rush is just going to have to find a way to get more of them to want to play the game. most of the Oline is latino

Playing pickup is a big step down from playing organized ball. Those that come out will have the same chances as everyone else but there is no law that says a coach has to convince kids that football is a popular sport. I know the culture and I also know there is talent within but when that talent is not at the practices competing for playing time it's hard to get it on the field. As far back as JT's state oline in '94 (Guzman and Sandoval) were starters so Latinos haven't been concentrated to the kicking teams. JT has also featured D1 lineman Ishmael '98 and Jett '06 so the whites haven't been concentrated to the kicking teams. Latino numbers at JT have increased exponetially since '94 but remain the same for football. JT isn't like your alma mater where certain kids play a position in middle school and subvarsity but get switched when it comes to playing on Friday nights. Don't even start that lie about JT even if you can't help it.

Football lover, read through all these posts again... Or at least all of mine. & Tell me, why is it a bad idea? I assume you think I meant JT as our homecoming. Wrong if so, we play CH THIS WEEK, for our Homecoming. Not JT.

Football lover, read through all these posts again... Or at least all of mine. & Tell me, why is it a bad idea? I assume you think I meant JT as our homecoming. Wrong if so, we play CH THIS WEEK, for our Homecoming. Not JT.

oh, ok.. my bad, I did think you were saying that you had JT for homecoming..

Playing pickup is a big step down from playing organized ball. Those that come out will have the same chances as everyone else but there is no law that says a coach has to convince kids that football is a popular sport. I know the culture and I also know there is talent within but when that talent is not at the practices competing for playing time it's hard to get it on the field. As far back as JT's state oline in '94 (Guzman and Sandoval) were starters so Latinos haven't been concentrated to the kicking teams. JT has also featured D1 lineman Ishmael '98 and Jett '06 so the whites haven't been concentrated to the kicking teams. Latino numbers at JT have increased exponetially since '94 but remain the same for football. JT isn't like your alma mater where certain kids play a position in middle school and subvarsity but get switched when it comes to playing on Friday nights. Don't even start that lie about JT even if you can't help it.

JT hasn't change.. for blk kids had the edge by a little then...we know it was going to happen one day...i was the only blk playing soccer, on  the 9th and 10th. and the only blk kid in lee swimming team. so i know all about it.

JT hasn't change.. for blk kids had the edge by a little then...we know it was going to happen one day...i was the only blk playing soccer, on the 9th and 10th. and the only blk kid in lee swimming team. so i know all about it.

You have limited experience of JT. When I was at Boulter and JT we had more than 6 Latinos playing organized ball and the schools were majority white and then black. So Boulter and JT have changed since my experience of both schools. Now JT is majority Latino and there are only 6 on this 2010 team. Boulter has even undergone a larger increase of Latino's but I saw 3 on the team yesterday. Dogan is majority Latino like JT and the team has had a large number playing for quite some time. But then when it's time for HS ball they fall off possibly into soccer but the numbers pale compared to the middle school numbers.

You have limited experience of JT. When I was at Boulter and JT we had more than 6 Latinos playing organized ball and the schools were majority white and then black. So Boulter and JT have changed since my experience of both schools. Now JT is majority Latino and there are only 6 on this 2010 team. Boulter has even undergone a larger increase of Latino's but I saw 3 on the team yesterday. Dogan is majority Latino like JT and the team has had a large number playing for quite some time. But then when it's time for HS ball they fall off possibly into soccer but the numbers pale compared to the middle school numbers.

i went to boulter as well. we had three on my team. and what does it matter...JT has 60 kids on V. Dallas skyline is the same way with the school being majority latino.

i went to boulter as well. we had three on my team. and what does it matter...JT has 60 kids on V. Dallas skyline is the same way with the school being majority latino.

What matters is, I was addressing the depth issue at JT with HVCat23. Then you come in with a post telling me what I can't say because of Latino's playing football in far South Texas which has nothing to do with JT. Then you went into talking about how you grew up with Latinos and how you guys tossed a few footballs around in the neighborhood which has nothing to do with JT. Now you are talking about Skyline which has nothing to do with JT. I'm clinging to my guns as I say, Coach Rush doesn't have a large football population to pick from and that the majority of the largest population at JT doesn't play. Now you can twist off on that however you want to and keep tell some more stories that don't relate to JT but don't expect me to get twisted with you. I learned how to recognize and manuver around distraction.

What matters is, I was addressing the depth issue at JT with HVCat23. Then you come in with a post telling me what I can't say because of Latino's playing football in far South Texas which has nothing to do with JT. Then you went into talking about how you grew up with Latinos and how you guys tossed a few footballs around in the neighborhood which has nothing to do with JT. Now you are talking about Skyline which has nothing to do with JT. I'm clinging to my guns as I say, Coach Rush doesn't have a large football population to pick from and that the majority of the largest population at JT doesn't play. Now you can twist off on that however you want to and keep tell some more stories that don't relate to JT but don't expect me to get twisted with you. I learned how to recognize and manuver around distraction.

we r no longer talking about the post but other stuff....so lets get back on point. i'm not agree with u say and ur not going agree with me so lets stop it now.

we r no longer talking about the post but other stuff....so lets get back on point. i'm not agree with u say and ur not going agree with me so lets stop it now.

This isn't the first time you have tried to impose your will directly upon me. As soon as that stops everything else will take it's predetermined course.

and rod lee... I have been listening. Hville i heard, had 57 playing varsity. Let me rephrase. Yall have more quality v players... Kind of like hville has top notch softball, baseball, volleyball programs.

With an offense that's putting up 50 points per game it seems to me HV has some quality themselves. Defense also held a highly productive Lindale offense scoreless in the first and yielded only 7 points for the half. When the time comes, HV is going to be a good team to play out the gate for JT.

Yes..... name calling is relevant to football. What are you....12?

If I recall correctly (and I do) YOU were the one upset last season if ANYONE DARED question ANY decison made by the coaching staff. We were just suppose to smile and cheer everytime a boneheaded decision was made. Even if it didn't put the guys in the best position to win. They are coaches. Not diety. The ARE fallible.

The team losing....or looking bad because they are playing a better team is one thing. But bonehead decision making that puts them behind the eight ball SHOULD be questioned.....and will CONTINE to be questioned by me and anyone else. Coaches get the grit WITH the glory.

So no.....I wasn't upset because you were calling me out. It definately didn't stop me from stating my opinion. I did all season....and I will this season as well. I heap on praise and I'll heap on the coals when they are deserved. I'll say what I please about decisions made....with or without your blessing.

You got your panties in a wad because some coaches (including you???) were being asked simple questions of why something was done. We had questions. That's all. You behaved like we were stealing your first born by simply asking WHY? We have that right. Especially on a message board.

I actually find most of your posts and ideas irrellevant because they are dashed with name-calling, venom, and cheap shots. All that negates anything half-intelligent that you may accidently type. Which is why I'd rather not see "mav" anything attached to your name. But live and let live. You're a troll on here and we all know it.

If I cross a line with what I say about the Mavs......then the SDC staff will handle it. Meanwhile..... I think the rest of us are still waiting for you to say anything substative in this thread that isn't demeaning or flat out irrelevant. But none of us are holding our breath.