Longview [21] @ Lufkin [28] - FINAL

eagles66

Always a great game. This one is down at Lufkin. Longview played a great game last week and Lufkin won easily.

Who gets the win between these old time East Texas rivals this year ?

I will pick Lufkin because the game is in Lufkin. However, it could easily go the other way.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For Longview to have any chance they..

1) Must stop making mistakes

2) Must stop taking so many penalties

Lufkin will win most likely anyways. Whether it's because we're playing in Lufkin or not, I have no idea. It's been well over a decade since we've won at Abe and can't see this young team doing it.

First off, I would like to commend Longview on rebuilding the running game. J'Haston Faggans almost put 200 on Allen's D Friday night and he looked very good. Had 100+ in the first half alone...

Now, two weeks ago, I would have said Lufkin easily by a score of:

Lufkin-38

Longview-17

But what I saw in the Allen game, was that the Lobo's aren't afraid to make shockers on the road. Granted, we lost the game, I was still pleased with effort. I would like to leave Abe with a W, but that's a place were Longview hasn't won since 97'...

Lufkin-17

Longview-14

Longview has shown flashes of brilliance this season, but has also been very bad at times as well. If they can play well the entire game, it's possible. If they play like the did the 2nd quarter of the JT game or the first half of the Marshall game, it could get ugly.

I'm going to say:

Lufkin-31

Longview-21

Hope I'm wrong.

If Lobos can eliminate the penalties they can win against anyone. Still need improving at the QB position, which should improve as time goes on. Longview hasn't won in Lufkin in 13 years, and this seems to be one of Lufkin's better teams. Longview coming in at 1-2 makes Lufkin the obvious favorite at home this week against Longview, but I like the talent I see on this year's Longview team. I say Lobos are due to put it all together this week. I'll take the underdog in this one....Longview 24 Lufkin 17

Longview is going to give Lufkin everything they want and more this week. I think it actually helps us mentally coming in at 1-2. Mentally they are thinking we arent as good and mentally we are wanting to prove we are good. It wont be easy but we can win this game. I saw the second half replay against Allen and I really think we have all the pieces to be very good they just need to put a complete game together. when they start playing as a team they will be very good.

I know the QB has made some mistakes but I am still impressed with him. I saw kram say he wasnt a QB and that was a understatement but I disagree with him. He has played 3 games at QB in 3 years of course he isnt going to be perfect but he will improve. He makes strong accurate throws and is mobile. This teams just needs to keep working hard and improving each week and they will finish strong.

Wow, this is going to be a massacre.

Lufkin by at least 3 TD's.

Wow. Even the Moderators take shots at my Lobos, too. SAD. I don't even know why or HOW someone from New Braunfels makes THIS site (EAST TEXAS) as a moderator. Have to talk to David Smoak about that decision.

Wow. Even the Moderators take shots at my Lobos, too. SAD. I don't even know why or HOW someone from New Braunfels makes THIS site (EAST TEXAS) as a moderator. Have to talk to David Smoak about that decision.

Just because he/she lives in New Braunfels doesn't mean that they NEVER lived in East Texas. This site isn't just East Texas either. It's all over Texas. Just most of the posts deal with ET.

Lufkin by 14 or 21.

Well, I'd like to say I am proud of the effort last week. I absolutely HATE Lufkin but, I RESPECT John Outlaw and his panthers because no matter what the records are Coach Outlaw ALWAYS has his team primed and ready to play us. Not to mention, Outlaw always has a tendency to not just beat Longview but, he and his crew make it a point to embarrass us.

With that being said, I think this game like many others in the past comes down to which coach has his team more prepared , and ready to play sound football. John King, is a good coach and I ain't taking nothing from him but, I truly believe that he thinks being sportsmanlike still applies to Lufkin and it absolutely, positively DOES NOT. I believe, Lufkin wins big but, it has more to do with Outlaw ALWAYS having his team more prepared; at the least 80% or more of the time.

My REALISTIC Prediction:

Lufkin:42 Longview:17

My HOMER/WISHLIST Prediction:

Longview:21 Lufkin:20

Unfortunately Frank, I agree with you, LV does not seem to have a fast strike capability this year, they have played some good teams, in some close ones, but I don't think it will be enough against Lufkin!

Lufkin by 14!

LOL! It's okay. I'm just a Realist and I say what's on my mind. The bad part is that I cater to no one's emotions so I get a surplus of backlash even from our own fanbase. It's kind of like that Uncle that shows up during the Holidays that people always stay away from but, always seem to stay on edge because you just never know what's going to come out of his mouth next.

Just because he/she lives in New Braunfels doesn't mean that they NEVER lived in East Texas. This site isn't just East Texas either. It's all over Texas. Just most of the posts deal with ET.

Lufkin by 14 or 21.

Somebody with sense... :notworthy:

I spent many Friday nights in Lobo Stadium when I lived in Longview.

Anyway, Lufkin by a whole bunch.

I don't consider him "taking a shot"... his prediction isn't too farfetched in my opinion.

The normal crew of obsessed haters hasn't shown up to derail the thread yet, so let's enjoy it while we can haha.

I wonder if the defensive coach from Lufkin being at Longview now might give the Lobos a small advantage, as he went against their offense in practice quite a bit.

I don't consider him "taking a shot"... his prediction isn't too farfetched in my opinion.

The normal crew of obsessed haters hasn't shown up to derail the thread yet, so let's enjoy it while we can haha.

I wonder if the defensive coach from Lufkin being at Longview now might give the Lobos a small advantage, as he went against their offense in practice quite a bit.

Maybe as far a game planning goes... But I really doubt Longview can simulate Deauntre Smiley in practices this week.

He is a very gifted QB..

Maybe as far a game planning goes... But I really doubt Longview can simulate Deauntre Smiley in practices this week.

He is a very gifted QB..

Yeah, that's what I meant, and is why I said small advantage. I know we can't simulate their starting offense; it's ridiculous good.

If this young, inexperienced Lobo team can eliminate mistakes, it will give Lufkin a run for its money Friday night.

By the way, will someone please explain why Longview is playing a second-straight non-district game in Lufkin? We traveled to Abe Martin Stadium in 2009, too. Whatever happened to home and home?

By the way, will someone please explain why Longview is playing a second-straight non-district game in Lufkin? We traveled to Abe Martin Stadium in 2009, too. Whatever happened to home and home?

It's a new contract.

It's the same reason Lufkin went to Lobo Stadium in 07 and in 08 (nevermind the fact that Longview went to Lp in 07 as well because that game wasn't even suppose to happen until the two teams got so desperate to find another game).

This type of thing happens every now and again. Another example, in district play even, Longview hosted John Tyler in 2005 and in 2006...Longview traveled to Tyler Lee in 2005 and 2006. But realignment was inbetween 05 and 06. Every realignment starts another 2 year contract.