Longview [21] @ Lufkin [28] - FINAL

eagles66

Lobos2004, man BLANK that piece of worthless trash! You'll never understand why people hate our program. But, we got a bunch people taking their shots while we're down. The best thing we can do is support our team because if we don't nobody else will, as you can plainly see. I'm willing to bet that MOST are elated at the fact that we are losing because they are tired of us winning all the time. What's the old saying about envy and success?

If you LV supporters keep up this type of posting you are going to get this thread pulled just like the other one was. This just goes to show how drunk you are on your own kool aid. Just show up at Abe Martin Friday night. I just might be there myself sitting on the LV side with my LV colors on. The doctor is waiting and the streak grows by one....more.....game. Stop hoping that LP is not at full strength. :notworthy: :alien: :notworthy:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not sure how this is a slam. I am not like some on here who think you have to win state every year to be successful. I will take getting to state every year and not ever winning it as opposed to an up and down program who is good one year and horrible for 3 or 4 and then good again. Longview is one of the most consistent teams in the state and I'll take that any day. I am losing count of how many district titles we have won in a row and when we lost in the playoffs it seems to almost always be pretty close. Never underestimate the value of consistency, even a broke clock is right two times a day.

I didn't take it as a slam either, which is why I responded in a joking manner. I know that there are many programs across the state who wish they were where Longview is at right now. We may not be the best in East Texas, but I'm more than okay with that. People who really try to emphasize that winning state is all that matters is only a tactic used when debating Longview fans, since that's about THE only thing that anyone can point to (gotta love the programs who have the same number of state titles in their history and suddenly want to arbitrarily start counting them at 1938 haha). The Gilmers, Tatums, Daingerfields, Carthages, etc. have all won multiple state titles and have histories of being good, so if they're all a step above Longview in terms of success, I'm more than okay with being a tier below them if it means big wins and tons of success year in and year out.

If you've never read it, I recommend reading Charles Barkley's book called "I May Be Wrong But I Doubt It"... it has a chapter in there called "If you don't win a championship..." where he talks about the same kinds of things.

So I got a few PMs from another Texas High fan who's given me a bit of insight into this Dogon character. Apparently he's just a Longview hater, and has been for many years, so all of his posts are, in fact, trolling. His posts hold about 0 water (as many of you can already tell). If the admins don't step in and put an end to his constant trolling, I think the best solution would just be to ignore his bitter tail, as he's so used to.

Thanks to the Texas High fan who gave me said insight. I really like you guys and always hope you do well, even if there are random trolls out there. I know Longview has a couple too.

I don't think he'll go away, but it's worth it anyway. Thanks :)

Agreed, I've said this many times before and I'll say it again. and this is including lobo fans, texas high fans tend to be the most reasonable and level headed posters on here. I have nothing but respect for them and their team. I root for TH over almost anyone

Agreed, I've said this many times before and I'll say it again. and this is including lobo fans, texas high fans tend to be the most reasonable and level headed posters on here. I have nothing but respect for them and their team. I root for TH over almost anyone

Same here, except maybe Marshall and JT.

There is no hate in my heart. I really love you guys!!! :wub: :alien: :notworthy:

If the Lobos win this Friday (really hoping they do), I'm going to do myself and Lobo nation a favor and make a thread titled "DogonSirius7..the #1 Lobo hater on this board". Going to be one to remember. :thumbsup:

I remember waking up EARLY on Friday mornings and getting a Longview-News Journal paper and being optimistic to read THE ZONE and here lately I just haven't been in the mood. I ain't felt this way in a LONG, LONG time! I sure as heck ain't been looking for a newspaper on Saturday morning. I'm sorry, I AM A SORE LOSER and I can't tolerate losing at all! It just ain't in my blood but, and as a former player we sure as hell wasn't taught to ACCEPT it. I hope we catch fire like Tyler Lee done last year where something FINALLY CLICKS for the best.

I remember waking up EARLY on Friday mornings and getting a Longview-News Journal paper and being optimistic to read THE ZONE and here lately I just haven't been in the mood. I ain't felt this way in a LONG, LONG time! I sure as heck ain't been looking for a newspaper on Saturday morning. I'm sorry, I AM A SORE LOSER and I can't tolerate losing at all! It just ain't in my blood but, and as a former player we sure as hell wasn't taught to ACCEPT it. I hope we catch fire like Tyler Lee done last year where something FINALLY CLICKS for the best.

Its not how you start but how you finsih. Longview will be fine regardless of the outcome of this game or next weeks game. Your playing the best in the state every week, and someone has to lose. You took Allen to the last play, on their field. Longview will either win or be right behind Desoto in District, and will kill their opponants all the way to the quarters before they see the kind of teams their playing now. King and company will have it all put together by then, ready to make a run. Lee on the other hand...... same situation, mabey we get our QB situation straight and be there as well.

Hope you guys pull it off tonight.

Thanks to the Texas High fan who gave me said insight. I really like you guys and always hope you do well, even if there are random trolls out there. I know Longview has a couple too.

Pretty much what I said in the Allen thread and got the L-2004 hammer for it....and my comment wasn't even aimed at 04???

85lobo said.

"No sweat. Texarkana is only relevant because it has an Interstate running through it, otherwise, it has nothing to offer."

Pops said.

"DogonSirius7 dogs L'view and you feel the need to dog the whole city of Texarkana.....other than DS7 Texarkana fans have supported the Lobos........"

2004 said.

Cry more. He talks about Longview, I talk about Texas High back. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Huh, funny how that works, isn't it??? At least the Lobo's don't have to deal with his "Beam me up, Scotty" after every post........................ :w00t:

A win tonight could put the Lobo's back on track.......

If Lufkin keeps playing 20 yards off of the receivers, Longview will have a field day through the air. Yet another fumble...2 for Longview, but 2 retained thankfully.

Longview is faking Lufkin out right now. Had a bootleg toss that was dropped that could have gone a long way if the ball had not been dropped. Longview is running somewhat easily on the Panther D