Longview [21] @ Lufkin [28] - FINAL

eagles66

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If this young, inexperienced Lobo team can eliminate mistakes, it will give Lufkin a run for its money Friday night.

By the way, will someone please explain why Longview is playing a second-straight non-district game in Lufkin? We traveled to Abe Martin Stadium in 2009, too. Whatever happened to home and home?

exactly. IMO its not a if but a when this team puts a complete game together. all these people predicting 3 and 4 td blowouts prove they dont know the history of this series. If Lufkin wins I would say them winning by 2 tds max is a safe prediction. Even in years when talent just isnt there for Longview this series usually has been played tight like in 2006 when Lufkin was just head and shoulders better than Longview but Longview gave them a scare.

You never know with these 2 teams. But from a non-homeristic point of view I definitely think lufkin will win, but the lobo pride in me says it will at least be a good game, if the team from last week shows up anyways. If the lufkin D-line is that good then thats really bad for us since o-line is our weakest area.........aside from maybe QB

Smiley is a bad man. Longview has the kids to give him his real first test. He has to be stopped, or he will get that confidence thing going, and kill you with the deep ball, and take off with it too. Im sure King has his picture on the locker room wall this week.

The game plan on Lufkin is simple.... stop Smiley. No one yet has been able to do that. Longview can and will.

Longview in the upset 28-24

Smiley is a bad man. Longview has the kids to give him his real first test. He has to be stopped, or he will get that confidence thing going, and kill you with the deep ball, and take off with it too. Im sure King has his picture on the locker room wall this week.

The game plan on Lufkin is simple.... stop Smiley. No one yet has been able to do that. Longview can and will.

I don't remember him killing JT. He killed Lee and Nac but had a average game against JT. That one pass he completed to his wide open receiver was the only long play LP had all night.

I sure hope so.

Did Lufkin run those little bubble screens over and over like they used to?

I don't remember him killing JT. He killed Lee and Nac but had a average game against JT. That one pass he completed to his wide open receiver was the only long play LP had all night.

JT is also a VERY good team defensively. They always have been. Let's hope the Lobos can use some of their athleticism to emulate what JT did to stop him.

GoLee, we definitely appreciate the support unlike MOST of the outside fans on here trolling. It's going to be rough for us I believe though, no matter how much preparation we have. Lufkin just has a different mindset than we do when we play each other. I think, if our kids and JOHN KING would return at least HALF the amount of HATRED back towards Lufkin as they impose on us EVERY year then we MIGHT have a chance. Anyone else, I'm sort of optimistic even if we were playing the Dallas Cowboys.

But, LUFKIN!!!????............ My answer is not just, naw. But, Hell Naw! I'm not fixin' to burn my good gas driving 90 miles back with my lip stuck out. I can do that here this Friday listening to 104.1FM The Ranch getting mad at our radio commentator Brent Taylor making our 2 yard runs sound like 90 yard touchdown runs all night long.

GoLee, we definitely appreciate the support unlike MOST of the outside fans on here trolling. It's going to be rough for us I believe though, no matter how much preparation we have. Lufkin just has a different mindset than we do when we play each other. I think, if our kids and JOHN KING would return at least HALF the amount of HATRED back towards Lufkin as they impose on us EVERY year then we MIGHT have a chance. Anyone else, I'm sort of optimistic even if we were playing the Dallas Cowboys.

But, LUFKIN!!!????............ My answer is not just, naw. But, Hell Naw! I'm not fixin' to burn my good gas driving 90 miles back with my lip stuck out. I can do that here this Friday listening to 104.1FM The Ranch getting mad at our radio commentator Brent Taylor making our 2 yard runs sound like 90 yard touchdown runs all night long.

If Lee had the mindset like ya'll do toward them they could beat Longview and LP.

If Lee had the mindset like ya'll do toward them they could beat Longview and LP.

In the late 90s and early 2000s, Lee had a lot of success vs Lufkin. I remember seeing them sweep Lufkin in the round robin district in 2002 and go 1-1 against them in 2003. And they were taking it to them in 2004 before sustaining a few injuries. Even in 08 Lee led 21-0 but let Lufkin claw their way back into the game.

Dunno what's happened that's contributed to the rise of JT and the decline of Lee.

Man, talking about those 90s games makes me wish I could go back and watch all of the JT, Lee, Lufkin, and Longview games from that time period... I do have the 98 Longview/Lee game somewhere. And I have the 96 Longview/Lufkin game. REALLY wish I could find the 97 Longview/Lufkin game.

In the late 90s and early 2000s, Lee had a lot of success vs Lufkin. I remember seeing them sweep Lufkin in the round robin district in 2002 and go 1-1 against them in 2003. And they were taking it to them in 2004 before sustaining a few injuries. Even in 08 Lee led 21-0 but let Lufkin claw their way back into the game.

Dunno what's happened that's contributed to the rise of JT and the decline of Lee.

Man, talking about those 90s games makes me wish I could go back and watch all of the JT, Lee, Lufkin, and Longview games from that time period... I do have the 98 Longview/Lee game somewhere. And I have the 96 Longview/Lufkin game. REALLY wish I could find the 97 Longview/Lufkin game.

Lee can match up with any team athlete for athlete but when it comes to playing LP and Longview, they are not the same team. It's like they are mentally drain and don't know what to do. As for JT coming back up, well let's say you can't keep taking beat downs from everybody. Eventually you start fighting back and knocking some people out. JT has always had the athletes but lacked stability in the program. Coach Rush is quietly restoring that roar back at JT. This team that he has this year was his freshman class when he took over as the head coach at JT. They have been through his program for four years and that says something. It says I'm going to be here and not runoff like the previous coach or coaches.

I SERIOUSLY can get it for you! My two best friends Fred Talley and wide receiver Jamie Brown mounted that 17-6 halftime deficit dang near on their own.

Really? Could you? What about the JT game? And/or the 98 Fred Talley game vs Nac? Haha.

I have the 96 and 97 Lake Highlands games... Who was the tight end from that team? I talked to him before the JT game 2 weeks ago and he was a nice guy.

Lee can match up with any team athlete for athlete but when it comes to playing LP and Longview, they are not the same team. It's like they are mentally drain and don't know what to do. As for JT coming back up, well let's say you can't keep taking beat downs from everybody. Eventually you start fighting back and knocking some people out. JT has always had the athletes but lacked stability in the program. Coach Rush is quietly restoring that roar back at JT. This team that he has this year was his freshman class when he took over as the head coach at JT. They have been through his program for four years and that says something. It says I'm going to be here and not runoff like the previous coach or coaches.

See, I liked Coach Rush from the start. I think it was an interview I saw after one of those games against Longview in 07 that made me really respect him and his philosophy of the game. And then seeing him in the interviews after the LP game last year (it was his birthday and somehow the players had found out and doused him with water), and the DeSoto game when they won district, he was very classy and I was happy for him.

It just stinks that Longview has to play against him.

Hit the nail right on the head!!! This is exactly what I think.

are you guys serious??? y'all predicted a big loss last week and didnt happen. we saw a big improvement against a offense that is the caliber of Lufkins. Longview hasnt been beat by anyone that bad in a long time....even Lufkin. This team is much better than yall are giving them credit for.

are you guys serious??? y'all predicted a big loss last week and didnt happen. we saw a big improvement against a offense that is the caliber of Lufkins. Longview hasnt been beat by anyone that bad in a long time....even Lufkin. This team is much better than yall are giving them credit for.

Ehhh, there's just something about playing at Abe, and I think Lufkin is better than Allen this season. We'll see, though.

Our only really bad losses in the previous few years have been Pflugerville in 07 and Lake Travis in 08.

See, I liked Coach Rush from the start. I think it was an interview I saw after one of those games against Longview in 07 that made me really respect him and his philosophy of the game. And then seeing him in the interviews after the LP game last year (it was his birthday and somehow the players had found out and doused him with water), and the DeSoto game when they won district, he was very classy and I was happy for him.

It just stinks that Longview has to play against him.

Rush is very humble. He's more humble than what some JT followers expect but I think many are buying into his thoughts, ideas, and emotions about the game. My last comment outside the context of this thread.

Rush is very humble. He's more humble than what some JT followers expect but I think many are buying into his thoughts, ideas, and emotions about the game.

That's what I noticed at the game Friday. He didn't do to much whining in the game especially when they called that 76 yard TD back. Like the way he coaches or not HUMBLENESS will get you farther in life than cockiness, whining, or complaining all the time.

someone already asked this but does anyone know the results of the MRIs the two longview defenders had on monday? Diop Johnson just had a great write up in the paper about how well his year is going and then gets injured, hate to hear that for him. dont know anything about the other kid.

Really? Could you? What about the JT game? And/or the 98 Fred Talley game vs Nac? Haha.

I have the 96 and 97 Lake Highlands games... Who was the tight end from that team? I talked to him before the JT game 2 weeks ago and he was a nice guy.

Yes. Seriously, I can. Give me a couple of days to run down a coach. And, you probably talked to Ben Price but, we had two tight ends and one of them played baseball at Longview and actually got drafted by the Yankees out of high school but, I do remember him telling me that he quit because they (Yankees) wanted to pay him only $800.00 a week.