Longview [21] @ Lufkin [28] - FINAL

eagles66

someone already asked this but does anyone know the results of the MRIs the two longview defenders had on monday? Diop Johnson just had a great write up in the paper about how well his year is going and then gets injured, hate to hear that for him. dont know anything about the other kid.

Don't really know about the other kid, but as of today, Diop was on cruches and I really doubt he will be playing Friday.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our only really bad losses in the previous few years have been Pflugerville in 07 and Lake Travis in 08.

Lufkin in '09 was just as bad of a loss than in either of those, imo. The score might not say so, but like JT in '10, the lackluster performance in that game ranks it right up there with the other two for me.

Lufkin in '09 was just as bad of a loss than in either of those, imo. The score might not say so, but like JT in '10, the lackluster performance in that game ranks it right up there with the other two for me.

Turnovers MURDERED us in that game, as did allowing the hail mary pass right before halftime. Tons of fumbles that led directly to points for them, and took points off the board for us. We better not commit those mistakes, or it will get as ugly as the 06 game there did at one point.

Smiley is a bad man. Longview has the kids to give him his real first test. He has to be stopped, or he will get that confidence thing going, and kill you with the deep ball, and take off with it too. Im sure King has his picture on the locker room wall this week.

The game plan on Lufkin is simple.... stop Smiley. No one yet has been able to do that. Longview can and will.

Longview in the upset 28-24

Yeah bush is a bad man, but lets not forget about jamarcus walker I think he had 183 yards at half time against lee...its gonna get ugly bottom line, i rember last year someone on here said longview by 5tds ha ha...Serioulsy though i think Lufkin will win this game, their best player on defense is still out, but they all was just plug someone else in...Hope longview coach doesnt act like the nac coach before/after the game

That is exactly one of the type of games I am thinking about...I think that we will play with them, but stupid playcalling and turnovers will put some huge points on the board....especially at Abe...

If Lee had the mindset like ya'll do toward them they could beat Longview and LP.

Not a mind set thimg at all. Lee simply doesnt have the number of raw atheletes that Longview and LP does. Why do you think the series is so lopsided. It comes down to players, and playmakers, those who have em win more than those that dont. Lee doesnt have near the D1 kids every year that those two do. There's your difference.

Not a mind set thimg at all. Lee simply doesnt have the number of raw atheletes that Longview and LP does. Why do you think the series is so lopsided. It comes down to players, and playmakers, those who have em win more than thiose than dont. Lee doesnt have near the D1 kids every year that those two do. There's your difference.

Are you sure? Look at who put out the most D1's this past decade. I have a funny feeling it's Lee. The only thing that is hurting Lee is the QB situation. Last time Lee had a good QB they beat LP and Longview. Until they find a field general they will continue to lose to these schools and maybe JT.

Are you sure? Look at who put out the most D1's this past decade. I have a funny feeling it's Lee. The only thing that is hurting Lee is the QB situation. Last time Lee had a good QB they beat LP and Longview. Until they find a field general they will continue to lose to these schools and maybe JT.

You talking about Matt Flynn or Josh Hill? The loss of Preston Hill hurt them BAD in 2005.

Both Hill and Flynn had Keondra Smith, Brandon Pettigrew, and Ciron Black, though (all Division I players and two went pro). And they also had some good defenders in Justin Warren, Martel Van Zandt, and Cole Scates (two went Division I). And they went 3-3 against Longview combined from 2001-2004. I don't think it's ONLY been the QB, but it has had something to do with Backs like DaDa Brown and Jason Williams not getting any daylight because of the lack of a passing threat.

Since when does having the most D1 kids guarantee you a win. Lee has more D1 kids than LP and Longview this year. Just look it up.

Not going to ruin this thread about this. Dont take my word for it ask the question to those who know, and 9-10 will give you the same answer.

You talking about Matt Flynn or Josh Hill? The loss of Preston Hill hurt them BAD in 2005.

Both Hill and Flynn had Keondra Smith, Brandon Pettigrew, and Ciron Black, though (all Division I players and two went pro). And they also had some good defenders in Justin Warren, Martel Van Zandt, and Cole Scates (two went Division I). And they went 3-3 against Longview combined from 2001-2004. I don't think it's ONLY been the QB, but it has had something to do with Backs like DaDa Brown and Jason Williams not getting any daylight because of the lack of a passing threat.

[/quot

The last time Lee beat Longview they had a good QB in Josh Hill not Preston Hill. Preston Hill getting hurt didn't have an major impact on Lee because I believe Marcus Jackson was better than him from the get go. Preston was good his jr year but when he became the starter his sr year he was not the same. That's why it's been the QB spot because they can't make good decisions. Lee has not suffered at any other position except the QB spot. I know Lee had Justin Warren, Cole Scates and a few others but Lee has replaced them fairly easy. Lately they had Reggie Taylor, Austin Wilson, Blake Roberts, Simmon Blaylock, the Aubrey twins, Cuba and countless others. They have not been able to find a QB to take the pressure off of their running backs because they can't pass. Lee has always had athletes. This year you have 3 guys going D1 from the secondary. Is this their best secondary no but but my point is they finds guys every year at every position except the QB position.

Lee MAY have sent more D1 prospects to colleges this decade than Lufkin and Longview, thing is, that's usually were there football ends. Longview may have more people in the NFL than any other high school in this state. Had 2 go in this years draft alone, and if Vondrell would have played his cards right, he would have been next in line..

Lee MAY have sent more D1 prospects to colleges this decade than Lufkin and Longview, thing is, that's usually were there football ends. Longview may have more people in the NFL than any other high school in this state. Had 2 go in this years draft alone, and if Vondrell would have played his cards right, he would have been next in line..

I wasn't taking a jab at Longview or LP. GOLEE said Lee didn't have the athletes like LP and Longview year in and year out to beat them. That's false. I was telling GOLEE that Lee will always have athletes. Same with JT. They just had downward trend of a less than average QB lately. That is all. Most likely Lee will have a first round draftee with Jake Kirkpatrick same with JT in Kendall Hunter.

ALL of East Texas is absolutely LOADED with talent.

During the John Curtis game they showed a stat that per x households (I can't remember the exact number), there was a Division I athlete every year, which was the largest in the country. East Texas is definitely a hotspot for recruiting. Oklahoma State has made a living the past few years off of recruiting East Texas. Brandon Pettigrew, Kendall Hunter, Martel Van Zandt, and I'm sure others I'm forgetting. A&M got quite a few from Tyler Lee: Keondra Smith, T'Keryan (sp?) Cuba, Justin Warren, Cody Scates, Ju Parks (Lufkin), Jorvorskie Lane, Reggie McNeal, Cody Williams, and others.

And these are just in 5A. Think about the lower classifications that have sent quite a few to OU, TCU, Texas, and other Big XII schools.

ALL of East Texas is absolutely LOADED with talent.

During the John Curtis game they showed a stat that per x households (I can't remember the exact number), there was a Division I athlete every year, which was the largest in the country. East Texas is definitely a hotspot for recruiting. Oklahoma State has made a living the past few years off of recruiting East Texas. Brandon Pettigrew, Kendall Hunter, Martel Van Zandt, and I'm sure others I'm forgetting. A&M got quite a few from Tyler Lee: Keondra Smith, T'Keryan (sp?) Cuba, Justin Warren, Cody Scates, Ju Parks (Lufkin), Jorvorskie Lane, Reggie McNeal, Cody Williams, and others.

And these are just in 5A. Think about the lower classifications that have sent quite a few to OU, TCU, Texas, and other Big XII schools.

East TX leads the state of D1 recruits per house on an annual basis. I think 1 per every 10,000 plus. They do better than the DFW and Greater Houston area. But don't let DFW hear that or FarmerFan with put you in your place.

The LV \ Allen game was a total abberation. LP is going to do the same thing to LV that JT did but it will be much worse. LP has a more experienced team than JT and it will become evident on game night. Not to fret LV, Atlanta lost its first 4 or 5 games several years ago and went on to win state. You will make the playoffs with a bad record but you will not get to even sniff of a state championship trophy. Add one more loss to the streak of losses and get ready for district. Lufkin rules and LV submits to a greater power. :notworthy: :woohoo: :alien: :notworthy:

The LV \ Allen game was a total abberation. LP is going to do the same thing to LV that JT did but it will be much worse. LP has a more experienced team than JT and it will become evident on game night. Not to fret LV, Atlanta lost its first 4 or 5 games several years ago and went on to win state. You will make the playoffs with a bad record but you will not get to even sniff of a state championship trophy. Add one more loss to the streak of losses and get ready for district. Lufkin rules and LV submits to a greater power. :notworthy: :woohoo: :alien: :notworthy:

More experience and won on last second field goal. Sometimes it doesn't matter how many starters you have coming back (06 LP perfect example). If you have players ready to step up play well experience is not as important as some make it out to be.

More experience and won on last second field goal. Sometimes it doesn't matter how many starters you have coming back (06 LP perfect example). If you have players ready to step up play well experience is not as important as some make it out to be.

So then, what is LV's problem? No or few players ready to step up and play. I saw the LV underclassman ( 9th and 10th graders) the last two years and it seemed to me like LV only had to reload. They had physical size and numbers. Did they mature into pansies? :notworthy: :alien: :hmm: :notworthy:

So then, what is LV's problem? No or few players ready to step up and play. I saw the LV underclassman ( 9th and 10th graders) the last two years and it seemed to me like LV only had to reload. They had physical size and numbers. Did they mature into pansies? :notworthy: :alien: :hmm: :notworthy:

I can't speak on Longveiw. I have yet to see them play. From the looks of it they are two different people. Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde.

I wasn't taking a jab at Longview or LP. GOLEE said Lee didn't have the athletes like LP and Longview year in and year out to beat them. That's false. I was telling GOLEE that Lee will always have athletes. Same with JT. They just had downward trend of a less than average QB lately. That is all. Most likely Lee will have a first round draftee with Jake Kirkpatrick same with JT in Kendall Hunter.

Lee - 106 against and 21 for ????? QB ?

Yeah bush is a bad man, but lets not forget about jamarcus walker I think he had 183 yards at half time against lee...its gonna get ugly bottom line, i rember last year someone on here said longview by 5tds ha ha...Serioulsy though i think Lufkin will win this game, their best player on defense is still out, but they all was just plug someone else in...Hope longview coach doesnt act like the nac coach before/after the game

Not sure if it is true but Lufkin's site said Jamarcus Walker was out for this game.

Lee don't need a Chase Daniel, Garret Gilbert, Jeremy Johnson, Bush Smiley, or any other great QB. They just need someone to make plays when called upon.

Exactly. Lee has always been very strong running the ball. But at times recently, teams have played up and dared them to pass and they haven't been able to get it done. Some for Longview at times from 2001-2007, although now we throw a lot.

As far as the Lufkin defender being out, I hope it's nothing serious for him, just as I hope it's nothing serious with Diop.