Longview [21] @ Lufkin [28] - FINAL

eagles66

Longview 4th and goal from the 10.

Longview forced out of bounds on the 4 yard line.

Lufkin takes over on downs.

Lufkin runs one play. Clock runs out.

Lufkin 28

Longview 21

Final

Way to fight until the end Longview.........You're going to get it all together and make a deep run.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mistakes happen.

Fourth and goal from the 10. I'm worried about MY team in the CLOSE game going on on the road.

Game over....Lufkin wins....both Defenses just did not show up tonight....Longview started great, but then as usual they let Lufkin take it away from them. STUPID penalties and fumbles kill us once again......oh well. I had a feeling the preseason would be ugly, but had hoped we could pull last week and this week out....but once again the D could not step up when needed....the offense could not do it alone...

Longview turns it over on downs at the Lufkin 4.

Sounded like another great performance and the team is about a step or two away from being a great team that can win games on the road against some of the best competition in the state. Again, super encouraged by the team's effort, but they need to cut out mistakes. Going into district 1-4 wouldn't be THAT bad if it meant we're ready for good competition.

Yet another sad game that could have/should have been won.

The good news is that these games don't count for playoff contention and they still have time to figure out how to stop shooting themselves in both feet and both knees every time out.

Congrats to Lufkin.

Longview could easily be 3-1, if not 4-0 this year had they gotten out of their own way a bit. That's just how it goes sometimes.

The good news is that these games don't count for playoff contention and they still have time to figure out how to stop shooting themselves in both feet and both knees every time out.

Congrats to Lufkin.

Longview could easily be 3-1, if not 4-0 this year had they gotten out of their own way a bit. That's just how it goes sometimes.

Totally agree with this post. Gotta cut out mistakes to beat the good teams on the road.

Just think of how good our team COULD be... Hoepfully they can find an identity by playoff time.

Congrats to Lufkin.

Totally agree with this post. Gotta cut out mistakes to beat the good teams on the road.

Just think of how good our team COULD be... Hoepfully they can find an identity by playoff time.

Sounded like another great performance and the team is about a step or two away from being a great team that can win games on the road against some of the best competition in the state. Again, super encouraged by the team's effort, but they need to cut out mistakes. Going into district 1-4 wouldn't be THAT bad if it meant we're ready for good competition.

I have a TON of confidence in this Lobo team! Offense came out and played well but the turnovers and penalties killed us. It will be another hard fought game next week and I look forward to watching it live!

I'm proud of the kids too. I respect them. I didn't play, so I enjoy anyone willing to put it all on the line. We ask a lot of these young kids. Yes, they are still kids. We may not be undefeated right now, but each game is a learning experience. If the kids learn and improve each week, it will only help us. The last two weeks we have played some very tough competition, and taken both of them down to the wire. Next week is no easier, with the team many consider one of the top in the country. IF we can eliminate/minimize the fumbles/mistakes and continue getting the offense rolling, I could see us winning and shocking the world. This year's team is not the Lobos team of the past few years. Not yet at least. Doesn't mean they couldn't get there. This season is far from over, but next year could be a lot better. This year is not over yet. District will be fun for sure.

I can, but 2004 has a pretty deep infatuation for me…….I bet he'll still want to talk about me.....

Since you want to discuss this here, I'll oblige you.

The fascination you have for him and other Lobos is quite disturbing to me. Perhaps you should find a hobby. I hear making beaded bracelets is in again. You and others (including 2004) are going from thread to thread spiking each other up. I'm not dumb or ignorant. You're all doing it. It's to the point where entire threads are being shut down because of y'all. If you want to talk about THIS game and even maybe point out where Longview could improve, then do so. But these posts that consist of nothing but a smiley or snark comments or topics that have nothign to do with this topic will get you and others banned. I'm tired of having to be y'alls daddy here. You're grown ups, you should act accordingly. My warnings tonight got nothing but slack, so I'll go ahead and make this promise now. I'm banning for everyone's violations from here on out. Off topic, you're out. Trolling, you're out. Nonsense posts, you're out, etc.

Sabe?

This goes to those who go to threads about their teams and start the same things up.

Longview has proven that they can hang with anyone if they can limit the mistakes, even some of the best teams in the state. I hope that we can do so again against Abilene, and I think we can, if we don't fumble the game away or commit penalties in key situations. Hopefully the team will be more polished by week 10 against De Soto and as the playoffs start. I feel 20x better about this team after the past 2 weeks than I did after the JT game. Again, many predicted a blowout loss, and Longview lost by 4 yards.

We also have to learn to finish games. Some conditioning might help.

Anyone remember Longview's last contest with Abilene? It was a 3-0 loss in 1985 at Lobo Stadium. Abilene kicked a FG in the last 30 seconds or so. I have a film reel of it and will work on getting it converted and uploaded to youtube some time soon.

Longview has proven that if they can hang with anyone if they can limit the mistakes, even some of the best teams in the state. I hope that we can do so again against Abilene, and I think we can, if we don't fumble the game away or commit penalties in key situations. Hopefully the team will be more polished by week 10 against De Soto and as the playoffs start. I feel 20x better about this team after the past 2 weeks than I did after the JT game. Again, many predicted a blowout loss, and Longview lost by 4 yards.

We also have to learn to finish games. Some conditioning might help.

Anyone remember Longview's last contest with Abilene? It was a 3-0 loss in 1985 at Lobo Stadium. Abilene kicked a FG in the last 30 seconds or so. I have a film reel of it and will work on getting it converted and uploaded to youtube some time soon.

Longview's learning and getting better each week. We'll be back to old Lobo form in no time.

I was there for the 85 game vs Abilene. Can't honestly say I remember much of it though.

Longview's learning and getting better each week. We'll be back to old Lobo form in no time.

I was there for the 85 game vs Abilene. Can't honestly say I remember much of it though.

I think so too. We were VERY young and inexperienced in 2006 as well, and it took a little while for the team to mature. Luckily, we had a down Marshall team, Ouachita, and Carter in preseason (along with Lufkin and West Monroe who both tacked Ls on us). This year, we have VERY tough competition, mostly road games. They're playing better and better, and if they continue to improve, we'll be fine, just as we were in 2006 with the young and inexperienced team. I AM starting to worry a little about the mistakes (turnovers and penalties) because they haven't fixed themselves by now, although we always get penalized a lot when playing at Abe ;)

Bivins Carraway III looked VERY good, and will be something special by the time he's a senior. That is, if he doesn't move somewhere else on the field due to tons of talent at QB coming up.

I'm not surprised you don't remember it; there was only one scoring play haha. I also have the 85 JT game from Lobo Stadium that the Lobos won on a 7-3 skipped pass trick play right before the half to win district.

I'm not surprised you don't remember it; there was only one scoring play haha. I also have the 85 JT game from Lobo Stadium that the Lobos won on a 7-3 skipped pass trick play right before the half to win district.

Now THAT one I remember perfectly well. That was my favorite play of all time and to finally see it work out to perfection was awesome.

Congrats to my panthers on the win........LP

They're tough as usual.

I just cant wait till they get some of them defensive starters back so we can maybe not give up so many points.......BTW J. Walker is a beast....

Yeah, that defense sounds good.

Speaking of defensive starters out, any word on the 2 that were hurt for Longview? It may have been said before...

I'm proud of the kids too. I respect them. I didn't play, so I enjoy anyone willing to put it all on the line. We ask a lot of these young kids. Yes, they are still kids. We may not be undefeated right now, but each game is a learning experience. If the kids learn and improve each week, it will only help us. The last two weeks we have played some very tough competition, and taken both of them down to the wire. Next week is no easier, with the team many consider one of the top in the country. IF we can eliminate/minimize the fumbles/mistakes and continue getting the offense rolling, I could see us winning and shocking the world. This year's team is not the Lobos team of the past few years. Not yet at least. Doesn't mean they couldn't get there. This season is far from over, but next year could be a lot better. This year is not over yet. District will be fun for sure.

wont be a shock to me if we beat Abilene...but we wont unless the penalties and turnovers get fixed. wouldnt have surpised me to win tonight either because I know this team has alot of talent they just havnt put it all together yet.