Gilmer vs. Daingerfield: The Rules

CasualObserver70

Gilmer_vs_L.E_268C.jpg This should be one of the best games played between Gilmer and Daingerfield in a long time. If the offense can limit the mistakes,and the defence can slow down the Tigers, we can win. Turn overs cost us the games with Tatum and Jacksonville.

The team was much improved in the L.E. game. I believe they will continue to improve with each game. One comment about last nights game. We sure played some lights out football last night!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I love this game and look foward to it every year so much PRIDE ,TALENT and TRADITION. I heard FOX SPORT NET will be here Friday. I cant wait.

Wait now hold on. Obama said Fox was bias, gave slanted and hate news. we do not need to let politics into sports unless we still have the 1st amendment.

And like I said before this is Luke's 3rd full game as a QB. He took all of probably 10 snaps last year when Stump was the QB and they were all hand offs. I'm not saying that Luke hasn't made some mistakes. But for a kid that not only plays QB but is often at times asked to come over to defense he's doing a tremendous job. And no I don't want Luke to be Stump I want Luke to be Luke and make his own mark in history at Gilmer and not worry about living up to the expectations of someone else. And if you think he's making too many mistakes strap on your helmet big boy and bring your butt down to the field and feel the pressure that this 17 year old boy feels. And I don't really give a #### about you having confidence in Luke. More importantly the team has respect and confidence in him.

Just some advise my brother from another mother. If you want to stick around for the fun that is Daingerfield-Gilmer week, you will stop bringing up the ####'s. Mod's don't like it.

As far as Luke, far be it from anyone to bash one of the kids. Luke is a great player in his own right. But, it's not crazy for folks to think Daingerfield has a better chance now that Stump is gone. I've spent the last 3 years watching Stump step allover our testicles. Well, it's time to return the favor.

Enough talkin about PG,NB or whoever!.. Time to get this thorn out of our side them DANG BUCKEYES! Two GREAT programs goin at it,can't get no better than this early into the season. I kno GILMER record is not what most thought it would be,but it's GILMER and i kno they will be ready! So Let's get it ON..

Enough talkin about PG,NB or whoever!.. Time to get this thorn out of our side them DANG BUCKEYES! Two GREAT programs goin at it,can't get no better than this early into the season. I kno GILMER record is not what most thought it would be,but it's GILMER and i kno they will be ready! So Let's get it ON..

Great post. I was gonna say Daingerfield big after last week, but gilmer played a heckava game Friday. Daingerfield reminds me alot of Tatum, only better. If Gilmer can hold onto the ball, the game will be close, but I think Daingerfield wins by about 14.

I really think this is going to be a great game... I think gilmers best chance to beat us with the pass I really think that they will have trouble running the ball on us. I think it will be a low scoring game. Against pg the defense adjusted and I dont think they had a first down till the 4th quarter. That being said im going to say the tigers take this 26-15

That is no way for his Dad and Coach to be talkin. And to address you last sentence, when you only throw 1 pass in the 2nd half after throwin so many the last 2 games and losing, then NO, that show's no confidence in him and then he starts wondering if he is a good passing QB. I would imagine him thinking "Why did we only pass it 1 time the 2nd half?"

BTW, if he only got 10 plays last year the way Gilmer was blowing people out... well, can you say running the score up to embarrass the opposing team's kids?

How bout I strap up my helmet and you strap up yours, son you don't want none. Go back home and bottle feed your boy.

that was funny bout the bottle feeding.

gilmer blew out le.....i just did not want to brag....take two plays out and it is 28 to zip....le was never in the game....ask anyone that was there :coolball: dangerfield get ready

Take four plays out for Gilmer and LE wins 12 - 0 genius................. :w00t: If you were a crayon, I bet you wouldn't be one of the brightest colors in the box. Anyway, go ahead and brag, ya'll earned a much deserved win!

<br /> Wait now hold on. Obama said Fox was bias, gave slanted and hate news. we do not need to let politics into sports unless we still have the 1st amendment.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yeah thats what Ive heard, also heard Al GORE invented the internet, so people like us can still play football in our thirties. LOL

Take four plays out for Gilmer and LE wins 12 - 0 genius................. :w00t: If you were a crayon, I bet you wouldn't be one of the brightest colors in the box. Anyway, go ahead and brag, ya'll earned a much deserved win!

what game did you go to friday night....undoughely not gilmer/LE :coolball:

Buckeye fans showing up for the game.

women-in-prison-x-pasadenaweekly-com.jpg

Watching in disbelief as their Buckeyes get dismantled.

b2s_blair062309_B_73208c.jpg

A few Buckeye fans contemplating jumping of a building after the loss to Daingerfield.

0.jpg

dang,,, thats the best post i have sen since smoaky was founded ,,,, lol ,, ,i say daingerfield 75 ,,gilmer -30 :notworthy: :nowhearthis: sorry buckeyes ,,better luck in 2012

Gilmer will win but not by much. Gilmer is weak compaired to the last couple of years. As for DF, who knows. I don't think they"ll near the team they had last year but time will tell. I don"t think they"ll win state but I have been wrong many times before, Good luck DF

Gilmer will win but not by much. Gilmer is weak compaired to the last couple of years. As for DF, who knows. I don't think they"ll near the team they had last year but time will tell. I don"t think they"ll win state but I have been wrong many times before, Good luck DF

Thanks Doc. I'll get a second opinion.

You know I'm really getting tired of people saying "Gilmer your gonna #### because you don't have all mighty Stump at the QB position". Kiss my TobinFrost. Luke Turner is an incredible quarterback and for his first 3 games as a full time QB I think he is doing pretty amazing. Stump is no longer here and everyone in Gilmer has recognized that maybe you should too!

Look i'm not bagging on the kid, i'm just saying he isn't Stump! Guess what, nobody is, and he has been the best player on the field the last couple of years. Dirtybird might be right about him being your son. You kinda jumping the gun on anything said about him.