Gilmer vs. Daingerfield: The Rules

CasualObserver70

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's really a matter of not having run very many plays in any of the games. Daingerfield is only averaging about 51 plays per game so far. Part of it is due to the fact that some of the games have been blowouts and the object has been to milk the clock, run the ball, etc.

And, a lot of times when Daingerfield has the ball, their offense scores on long plays, so not much opportunity to try different things. There haven't been a lot of 10 or 11 play drives this year.

The offense is still coming together. 3 new receivers, new runningback, 2 new olinemen. They are coming along. Godbolt, Terry, Mims and Lewis have all shown that they will be good receivers. I look for Godbolt to really start to come into his own over the next few weeks. He has the skills to be special.

And we have a new face on varsity this week. Calvin (a freshman) has been moved up to varsity. He is a receiver on offense and db on defense if I"m not mistaken. In any case, this is a young man that will step in and make an immediate impact.

Usually I take the time to read all the pages before I post but due to practice and schoolwork, I can't. I know this will be a great game between two great programs. For everyone that refers to games of years past, these are two totally new teams. Both Dfield and Gilmer have started a new season (go figure) so it will be interesting to see what each team can bring to the table. I personally would like to hear (LOL can't quite make it to this one...) some great ball being played by kids who love their town, their team, and the sport. I pray no one gets hurt on either side and that fans from all over can support the MEN leaving it all out on the field for pride.

and now as far as predictions go, I predict the BUCKEYES end the ballgame with at least one more point than them there Tiggers. (It all starts with believing)

Lets Go Bucks

BTW MY FINAL HOPE IS THAT GILMER CAN HAVE A DECENT RADIO FEED OVER THE INTERNET SO I CAN ACTUALLY HEAR THE GAME. JUST SAYING... PLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEE....?

Big D, you stay safe up there,, rub Joe P's head for me, when you get a chance!

And we have a new face on varsity this week. Calvin (a freshman) has been moved up to varsity. He is a receiver on offense and db on defense if I"m not mistaken. In any case, this is a young man that will step in and make an immediate impact.
Calvin would have run all over Gilmer's JV if he had played tonight. Lol.

I have watched Calvin play since 7th grade. He will be an asset to this team! And did I mention that the young man can run? He is fast, fast, fast!

Fridays are always busy for us, so this'll probably be it for me on this thread,, until Monday,,headed to deer camp for the weekend, to get ready for opening day, next weekend,,to the D'field crew,, that was kind enough to join us this week,, been fun as always,, no crime, no foul, I think we only made 18 pages so far, not bad, but definitely not a record,,,time flys when your talk'n trash..... My take on this game,,,for what it's worth,, is it's gonna be a good one,, probably the most competitive game, since 05,,,and who ever does win it, will definitely earn it,,, these are 2 quality programs and communities alike, that have alot of respect for one another,,,,good luck to the Tigers,,and to all the cats that have dished it out this week,,let's pray for no injurys and a great game! :thumbsup:

Fridays are always busy for us, so this'll probably be it for me on this thread,, until Monday,,headed to deer camp for the weekend, to get ready for opening day, next weekend,,to the D'field crew,, that was kind enough to join us this week,, been fun as always,, no crime, no foul, I think we only made 18 pages so far, not bad, but definitely not a record,,,time flys when your talk'n trash..... My take on this game,,,for what it's worth,, is it's gonna be a good one,, probably the most competitive game, since 05,,,and who ever does win it, will definitely earn it,,, these are 2 quality programs and communities alike, that have alot of respect for one another,,,,good luck to the Tigers,,and to all the cats that have dished it out this week,,let's pray for no injurys and a great game! :thumbsup:
bag a big buck Gtown.

you must be a younster...it was 1953 and i was there...at end of game and a critical play they would turn off lights about time ball was snapped....refs let them get away with it...those people will denigh it but it happended

BUCKS....................BLOWOUT :coolball:

Not TRUE,,,,,!!!!!!!

He's gonna be a good one for sure!..Just reloading,the freshman rb is scary good i can see him pushing for the startin job next year.

For Gilmer fans coming to the game. Here are a few of the Tigers to keep your eye on tonight.

Daingerfield's defensive front:

#79 Donald Bryant - Senior DE

#74 Jesse Hanson - Junior NG

#70 Shayvion Hatten - Senior DE

These guys are awesome to watch. Big, strong and athletic. They will be supported by:

#40 Tad Gholston - Senior DE

#50 Jacolby Simpson - Sophomore NG (this soph is going to be a good one - we like to call him Butt-Butt)

Daingerfield's linebackers:

#1 Steve Edmond - Senior MLB (one of the best we've ever had)

#53 Davonte Turner - Senior LB (6'1" 215 pound ball of shout-your-mouth)

Daingerfield's secondary:

Keep an eye on Edwin Mims #7 - Sophomore CB. 'Bimp' is just a sophomore and won district in the 100 meters last year as a freshman. Beat Jefferson's Damon Gray and Linden's Shock Linwood. Part of Daingerfield's state track team last year. Ran on the 4X100 relay team that finished second to New Waverly.

Daingerfield's offense:

#2 Tyler Boyd - Senior QB (Everyone knows about T-Bo by now. 3 year starter going for his 3rd ring).

#8 Keyarris Garret - Senior WR (If you haven't seen him yet, you'll see why they call him Skywalker).

#5 Roc Lafayette - Senior RB (If he's healthy, he will show some explosion. Varsity since his sophomore year).

# 17 Jeremy Godbolt - Junior WR (Set to explode. Potential game-breaking athlete).

I hope this is helpful to you that aren't real familiar with this year's Tiger team. :thumbsup:

I remember a year when we had a list as long as your arm of D-1 guys and we didnt make but one playoff game. Sometimes hunger for a victory goes farther than just talent on paper. I hope this is not your case and that yall go far. just saying players think they cant be beat always find out the hard way. We know we can be beat we had a streak going and then decided we didnt like it so we are looking to upset you tonight. Good luck my friends from Dtown the time is at hand.

Gilmer 35

kittens 31

By the way could you bench that edmonds kid for one game?

you must be a younster...it was 1953 and i was there...at end of game and a critical play they would turn off lights about time ball was snapped....refs let them get away with it...those people will denigh it but it happended

BUCKS....................BLOWOUT :coolball:

you get the prize there ole jackpot!!!!!!!!!! ding, ding, ding, ............ by the way I'm a youngster compared to you it sounds like......... refs probably didn't know how to call what happened.......

Guest JAKEBRAKE

Folks, I'm sorry I haven't been able to make much of a showing on here this week, I've been busier than Crush's moonpie delivery boy and just haven't had much of a chance to yuck it up with everybody. I will soon be picking up jake jr. and be on my way to the Holy tundra of Tiger stadium. I have to say that if we don't win tonight, i'm quite sure i will seek out every gilmer poster on here and steal all the issues of Monster Truck Digest from your wives, I know that will set off a doo doo storm of Biblical proportions in each of your homes. I don't really know what to make of this game. Gilmer is Gilmer and they have just kicked our butts the last few years, i'm talking about open hand and back hand slaps across the face. Just because Gilmer is down a little, I guess, I really hope our boys aren't thinking this is in the bag, if they are then they aren't as smart and humble as I thought they were. We really have a chance tonight to atone for the mercy beatings they have put on us the last few years, and if we go out there with a business like attitude but a street fighter killing machine mentality then we will win. If we walk out and think all we have to do is snap the ball then it's gonna be a repeat of the last however many years, and we are capable of having that mentality, no matter how hard Bowman and the rest of the staff tries to preach it, sometimes things go in one ear and out the other when your dealing with kids, and especially kids who have read all the hype. I really hope our boys are knowing, not thinking, but knowing, that this is gonna be a war, this Gilmer team knows they have to fight and I just hope that we're not the ones tapping out. I believe in our boys, we have so many winners on this team, but I think Gilmer does too. I've noticed the crow population has dwindled around me, they know what time of year it is and they know for the last several years i have had to take my slingshot out and reduce the population by 1 every year. I hope my boys don't make me do it again, I have faith in them and I know that we can win this game. This should be the loudest and the fullest the stadium has been all year, and rightly so, it's Gilmer week. I wish everyone safe travels, an injury free game, and may your yams cause your colon to rumble like kilamanjaro, we have a special surprise waiting for you in the visitor bathrooms, they aren't exactly what you would call "plush" on a good day. Peace out errybody. JAKE Z is out!!

Daingerfield vs. Gilmer is one of the best rivalries in East Texas. Over the last 45 years the teams have played each other every year but 4. Daingerfield dominated the matchup for many years. But, the Buckeyes currently owns a 5 game winning streak against the Tigers, including a 42-32 playoff victory in 2005. Here are the scores from the last 45 years:

1965 Gilmer 21 - Daingerfield 0

1966 Daingerfield 13 - Gilmer 7

1967 Daingerfield 46 - Gilmer 0

1968 Daingerfield 57 - Gilmer 22

1969 Daingerfield 39 - Gilmer 0

1970 Daingerfield 18 - Gilmer 6

1971 Daingerfield 42 - Gilmer 28

1972 Gilmer 13 - Daingerfield 6

1973 Gilmer 24 - Daingerfield 0

1974 Daingerfield 14 - Gilmer 6

1975 Gilmer 13 - Daingerfield 6

1976 Daingerfield 25 - Gilmer 12

1977 Daingerfield 41 - Gilmer 0

1978 Daingerfield 27 - Gilmer 26

1979 Daingerfield 27 - Gilmer 6

1980 DNP

1981 DNP

1982 Daingerfield 36 - Gilmer 8

1983 Daingerfield 14 - Gilmer 0

1984 Daingerfield 21 - Gilmer 12

1985 Daingerfield 13 - Gilmer 0

1986 Daingerfield 41 - Gilmer 6

1987 Daingerfield 40 - Gilmer 6

1988 Daingerfield 24 - Gilmer 13

1989 Daingerfield 18 - Gilmer 15

1990 Daingerfield 34 - Gilmer 24

1991 Gilmer 16 - Daingerfield 6

1992 Daingerfield 26 - Gilmer 7

1993 Gilmer 22- Daingerfield 21

1994 Daingerfield 49 - Gilmer 31

1995 Gilmer 26 - Daingerfield 14

1996 Daingerfield 38 - Gilmer 7

1997 Gilmer 28 - Daingerfield 14

1998 DNP

1999 DNP

2000 Daingerfield 35 - Gilmer 14

2001 Gilmer 20 - Daingerfield 19

2002 Daingerfield 36 - Gilmer 23 (Playoffs)

2003 Gilmer 43 - Daingerfield 0 (Playoffs)

2004 Gilmer 36 - Daingerfield 20

2005 Daingerfield 26 - Gilmer 17

and Gilmer 42 - Daingerfield 32 (Playoffs)

2006 Gilmer 62 - Daingerfield 42

2007 Gilmer 35 - Daingerfield 12

2008 Gilmer 49 - Daingerfield 18

2009 Gilmer 43 - Daingerfield 20

Between 1976 and 1990 Daingerfield owned a 13 game winning streak over the Buckeyes. And during a 25 year period between 1966 and 1990 beat the Buckeyes in 20 of 23 meetings. From 1991 to 2003 neither team won two games in a row at any point. Since 2000, Gilmer has won 8 of 11 contests. Gilmer currently owns a 5 games winning streak over Daingerfield (which, as far as I can tell, is the longest such winning streak Gilmer has held over the Tigers).

I remember a year when we had a list as long as your arm of D-1 guys and we didnt make but one playoff game. Sometimes hunger for a victory goes farther than just talent on paper. I hope this is not your case and that yall go far. just saying players think they cant be beat always find out the hard way. We know we can be beat we had a streak going and then decided we didnt like it so we are looking to upset you tonight. Good luck my friends from Dtown the time is at hand.

Gilmer 35

kittens 31

By the way could you bench that edmonds kid for one game?

I would have to agree with you 100%! I believe DFIELD has what it takes, and then some to win this game. However, somewhere deep inside myself, I have an erry feeling that this years team might believe all the hype! If so, this game could help us learn a valuable lesson now, before it is to late! I for one totally RESPECT the Gilmer Bucks and coaching staff. In all honesty, this years team causes me more stress than the past two, due to the fact they are in the underdog position, a first for a long time. We all know that Coach JT has and will always play to win, no matter if that means on-side kicks, trick-plays, or even playing the water-boy and team manager! Coach T will try to keep the pressure on the TIGERS all-night long. His players believe in him, and his system whole-heartedly! They will come to TIGER TOWN tonight on a mission. This team has way to much pride and tradition to beleive all the hype, and give up without an all out, eye- polking, snot- slinging, knock your head off, LAST ONE STANDING KIND OF GAME! If the TIGERS want this game, they will have to EARN IT!

Win, lose, or draw, I will be there screaming my head off for the TIGERS IN BLUE!!! I know you can, but now it's up to you!!! HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT????????????????

Now that it's game day, a few quick observations

1) Daingerfield will have the best Defense Gilmer has seen this year. Will the Daingerfield D be able to stop Gilmer or make them one demensional? Gilmer this year runs to set up the pass. Can Gilmer establish a running game against this D? If so, Gilmer has a chance to win.

2) Gilmer has had the turnover bug most of this year. If Gilmer turns the ball over and gives Daingerfield a short field, Daingerfield will win. But if Gilmer can reduce (or better yet eliminate) the turnovers, Gilmer has a chance to win.

3) Last week, Gilmer's defense played a great game and shut down L-E. Was that a sign of Gilmer's defense coming together? Can Gilmer handle a spread offense? Can the D step up and slow down Daingerfield. If so, Gilmer has a chance to win.

4) The intangibles of this game are home field and pressure. This game will be amped up more than normal. Does that help Gilmer or Daingerfield? Is home field advantage a big advantage for Daingerfield (Gilmer's last lost to the Tigers was in Daingerfield, btw.)

I'll stick by my prediction and saw Gilmer wins on a late TD.

Let's play some FOOTBALL!!!