Longview vs Abilene

BeatNavy

Longview is due a complete game; a solid 1-3 team who has played strong competition.

Like Allen, I think Abilene is a bit over rated (living off of last year's hype) - but very good and a Top 10 team. Got beat by 2A Cocoa Beach (defending state champ at 2A) and barely got by Plant City, a team that was trounced by a neighbor (Manattee) earlier 48-10.

I still predict that Longview will enter district play at 1-4 with a strong shot at 2-3. Then they will run the table until DeSoto which will be for the District Championship. Against DeSoto, they have a great shot as well as DeSoto is a bit like Allen - can be beaten despite their ranking.

After this part of the season, there are three teams that are head and shoulders above the rest in 5A - Euless Trinity, Round Rock SP and Katy. Good luck dethroning Euless.

Longview has to be potential to be good if they can limit the penalties and turnovers. Right now we just are not getting it done, and no true green Lobo is satisfied with playing teams close; We go back to work today looking to win next week against Abilene, and with talent Longview has, I expect them to get the job done.

NENE - No Excuses No Explanations ( but players, coaches, and fans do have Expectations, and that is to win football games no matter whom the opponent.)

Get it done Lobos!

I am just curious where the lobo fans predicting a big time blow out loss to lufkin are. i am not going to mention any names but franklucas, kingwolf, kram...where you guys at? I know I am headed up to the game Friday and expect the lobos to win again. I may be wrong but this team is better(or at least has the potential to be) than you guys give them credit for.

Like Allen, I think Abilene is a bit over rated (living off of last year's hype) - but very good and a Top 10 team. Got beat by 2A Cocoa Beach (defending state champ at 2A) and barely got by Plant City, a team that was trounced by a neighbor (Manattee) earlier 48-10.

Coach King told me Abilene was without their QB for the Cocoa game.

Abilene is a strong team, and still one of the best Texas has to offer at the 5A level. They'll have to travel just as we will, so I'm hoping we can pull it out. I'm going to be driving up for the game. Like the past 4 games, a win or loss doesn't make or break the season, although I'd really like a win over a good team in non-district as we're accustomed to getting.

I am just curious where the lobo fans predicting a big time blow out loss to lufkin are. i am not going to mention any names but franklucas, kingwolf, kram...where you guys at? I know I am headed up to the game Friday and expect the lobos to win again. I may be wrong but this team is better(or at least has the potential to be) than you guys give them credit for.

I am right here...I don't get on here much b/c these threads end up becoming childish seeing who can beat their chests the most...

The Lufkin game came down to one thing for me...the O line played their best game of the season against the best D line they had seen...

Lobos will have another tough fight this week. Longview has gotten better and more disciplined each week this year. If that trend continues we have a chance against Abilene. If they let off however, we will find ourselves with another loss. Abilene is not a team that will allow you to get away with mistakes.

Lobos will have another tough fight this week. Longview has gotten better and more disciplined each week this year. If that trend continues we have a chance against Abilene. If they let off however, we will find ourselves with another loss. Abilene is not a team that will allow you to get away with mistakes.

Neither are JT, Lufkin, or Allen, and that's why we've lost against them. I'm almost sad we're going to see a dropoff in competition when district comes because the team may start thinking they will get away with such mistakes which won't be the case against De Soto and some playoff teams.

Neither are JT, Lufkin, or Allen, and that's why we've lost against them. I'm almost sad we're going to see a dropoff in competition when district comes because the team may start thinking they will get away with such mistakes which won't be the case against De Soto and some playoff teams.

Lobos can do this! I always keep an eye on and cheer for the Lobos because of the great rivalry with LT. I have watched the scores roll in each week and it seems to me that they are 1-2 plays away from a win in each game. These aren't average teams you're playing, in fact, most are supposed to go fairly deep into the playoffs. The team is obviously getting better and the fans need to continue to rally-for them. Abilene has already lost a game and a Lobo win would do wonders for the team heading into district. Btw, Stony Point is alot like Longview, I like your chances against Desoto. Good luck!

Lobos can do this! I always keep an eye on and cheer for the Lobos because of the great rivalry with LT. I have watched the scores roll in each week and it seems to me that they are 1-2 plays away from a win in each game. These aren't average teams you're playing, in fact, most are supposed to go fairly deep into the playoffs. The team is obviously getting better and the fans need to continue to rally-for them. Abilene has already lost a game and a Lobo win would do wonders for the team heading into district. Btw, Stony Point is alot like Longview, I like your chances against Desoto. Good luck!

Haha, thanks for the words of encouragement! After the JT game, many lost faith in these Lobos, including myself. I'm slowly regaining it as I see them go out and take it to teams who are perennial powerhouses, even though a big win has eluded them. I'm sure they'll get it together, it's just been such a long time since Longview has been 1-3 or 1-4, and we're not used to it, or losing at home.

Haha, thanks for the words of encouragement! After the JT game, many lost faith in these Lobos, including myself. I'm slowly regaining it as I see them go out and take it to teams who are perennial powerhouses, even though a big win has eluded them. I'm sure they'll get it together, it's just been such a long time since Longview has been 1-3 or 1-4, and we're not used to it, or losing at home.

1-3 or 1-4 is nothing. There are still more games to play. LV is playing much better than JT during it's 1-9 days. Before you guys panic ask us how The Bo's are doing so you don't have to worry. Us TRUBLU's have experience with this sort of thing. LV will be fine.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. It does help for people to remind us that the sky is NOT falling. And like some of you said, it could be MUCH much worse, so we should just stick behind this team and let the season play out; we might surprise some people, who knows? Like I said, it's just been so long since Longview was 1-4 to start a season, and we've always played some pretty good competition in non-district and come through it unscathed (04 and 05), or with only one loss (2007, 2008, 2009) under John King. I know we're having growing pains in switching to the gun, but hopefully with the athletes we have, it'll lead to the next big step.

I'm not a huge fan of the shotgun+spread, but if we are going to run it, we need to start raising up some QBs through the system. It seems for the past 7 or 8 years we have completion percentages to rival a pee wee team.....and most of those coming on screen passes.