Longview vs Abilene

BeatNavy

I am just curious where the lobo fans predicting a big time blow out loss to lufkin are. i am not going to mention any names but franklucas, kingwolf, kram...where you guys at? I know I am headed up to the game Friday and expect the lobos to win again. I may be wrong but this team is better(or at least has the potential to be) than you guys give them credit for.

Well, ain't nobody hiding out that's for sure. I spent about 80% of my time in the oilfield at work so I don't get a chance like you to become an ALL WORLD poster with a "Gazillion" plus posts. This team is exceptional except in ONE department, and that's the holding on to the football department. Like another poster said, "This team is in their OWN way!"

Well, ain't nobody hiding out that's for sure. I spent about 80% of my time in the oilfield at work so I don't get a chance like you to become an ALL WORLD poster with a "Gazillion" plus posts. This team is exceptional except in ONE department, and that's the holding on to the football department. Like another poster said, "This team is in their OWN way!"

you have more posts than me...anyways just wondering what you though now.

Coach King told me Abilene was without their QB for the Cocoa game.

Abilene is a strong team, and still one of the best Texas has to offer at the 5A level. They'll have to travel just as we will, so I'm hoping we can pull it out. I'm going to be driving up for the game. Like the past 4 games, a win or loss doesn't make or break the season, although I'd really like a win over a good team in non-district as we're accustomed to getting.

Abilene was without their star running back, Hershal Simms, for the Cocoa FL game with a shoulder injury. He returned for the Plant FL game but did not have a good game. Their QB is his cousin and is a big threat running the ball from the QB position (see last years state championship game).

Im gonna say Abilene High by 14.

Abilene was without their star running back, Hershal Simms, for the Cocoa FL game with a shoulder injury. He returned for the Plant FL game but did not have a good game. Their QB is his cousin and is a big threat running the ball from the QB position (see last years state championship game).

Im gonna say Abilene High by 14.

That's what it was... RB, not QB...

I am just curious where the lobo fans predicting a big time blow out loss to lufkin are. i am not going to mention any names but franklucas, kingwolf, kram...where you guys at? I know I am headed up to the game Friday and expect the lobos to win again. I may be wrong but this team is better(or at least has the potential to be) than you guys give them credit for.

I predicted a "blowout" against Lufkin? I dont recall that. What are you wanting me to say? We are 1-3....and? Based on last weeks performance you want me to say we will beat Abilene??

The best thing right now is next week we will start district and be playing against teams more on our level, until we meet Desoto.

I predicted a "blowout" against Lufkin? I dont recall that. What are you wanting me to say? We are 1-3....and? Based on last weeks performance you want me to say we will beat Abilene??

The best thing right now is next week we will start district and be playing against teams more on our level, until we meet Desoto.

i believe our lobos will win this game if you're a true lobo fan u would say things to motivate them not give up on them when they play a good team, im just saying

That is what is bothers me. You didn't predict a blowout maybe but you really thought we had no chance and you were wrong. You don't think we can beat Abilene either. "teams more on our level". You and alot of other lobo fans aren't giving this team credit. So what you are saying is you think Abilene is head and shoulders better than jt, Allen, and lufkin. We proved we belong on the field with Allen And lufkin and i don't think Abilene is much(if any) better than them. You claim to have watched So much football and this team isnt any good. I think they have already proved you wrong and have a good chance of winning tomorrow. We will see.

Good luck to the Lobos tonight. I'll be waiting for updates on my iphone tonight while I'm at our district opener against Kilgore.

Since I work with some Lobo fans.......the topic came up..... when was the last time Longview has lost 3 in a row? It was in 2000 when they lost to Lee, JT, and Marshall. It also happned in 1999 when they lost to Lufkin, Lee, and JT.

Now....I'm pulling for the upset tonight. But it came up....when was the last time Longview lost four in a row?? Well.... it took some digging.

Try 1965!!!

Tyler Lee Loss 21-20 (was their 5th varsity season)

Marshall Loss 21-6 (sat at home with a 9-1 record- only loss was to Texas High - ouch!!!!)

Texas High Loss (district champion- went 12-1 on the season- lost in the state semi finals to Odessa permian

John Tyler Loss 28-0 (went 5-5 on the season)

Longview was (3-7) that season.

Says a lot about this program.

Good luck to the Lobos tonight. I'll be waiting for updates on my iphone tonight while I'm at our district opener against Kilgore.

Since I work with some Lobo fans.......the topic came up..... when was the last time Longview has lost 3 in a row? It was in 2000 when they lost to Lee, JT, and Marshall. It also happned in 1999 when they lost to Lufkin, Lee, and JT.

Now....I'm pulling for the upset tonight. But it came up....when was the last time Longview lost four in a row?? Well.... it took some digging.

Try 1965!!!

Tyler Lee Loss 21-20 (was their 5th varsity season)

Marshall Loss 21-6 (sat at home with a 9-1 record- only loss was to Texas High - ouch!!!!)

Texas High Loss (district champion- went 12-1 on the season- lost in the state semi finals to Odessa permian

John Tyler Loss 28-0 (went 5-5 on the season)

Longview was (3-7) that season.

That 4 loss (3-7 season), was James Street the QB that year?

That 4 loss (3-7 season), was James Street the QB that year?

---

I lived in Texarkana way back then as a youngster. I think Street was indeed the Lobo QB and Joe Norwood was the Texas High QB. This was a great Tiger team that lost to Permian. The Tigers did not win state, but came close to it. Both Norwood and Street went on to the University of Texas. Street wound up being the Texas QB. He became a great one for the Horns.

I also remember that Marshall had a great passing QB that year named I think Bean ?? If I recall correctly he went to Baylor. All three QB were outstanding in the old East Texas District.

And some people still aren't satisfied with out it's being run.

The losses will help this team down the road. Those last second losses will turn into wins, just have to be patient.

Go pull the upset Lobos! Bring the rain gear if you're coming from Longview, just incase. Looks like shattered shows up this way most of the weekend.

That is what is bothers me. You didn't predict a blowout maybe but you really thought we had no chance and you were wrong. You don't think we can beat Abilene either. "teams more on our level". You and alot of other lobo fans aren't giving this team credit. So what you are saying is you think Abilene is head and shoulders better than jt, Allen, and lufkin. We proved we belong on the field with Allen And lufkin and i don't think Abilene is much(if any) better than them. You claim to have watched So much football and this team isnt any good. I think they have already proved you wrong and have a good chance of winning tomorrow. We will see.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I have given the defense credit, although our DB's sorta stunk up the field last week.

I never said we werent "any good". My only point was that the teams that I watch I compare to Longview and THIS YEAR, we are not on a championship level, although we may be the best 1-3 team in the state. That still isnt going to get us past teams that we would potentially meet in rounds 5 and 6.

Im not even gonna say we have no chance to beat Abilene. After seeing them play twice already, I think they are somewhat overrated. All we have to do tonight is, stop the penalties, stop the fumbles, complete about 70% of our passes, rush for about 200 yds., contain Ronnel Sims........, and block # 41 (linebacker) on every offensive down...bar none.

If I had 0% faith in this team, I wouldnt drive to Plano.

Keep up the good work though.

---

I lived in Texarkana way back then as a youngster. I think Street was indeed the Lobo QB and Joe Norwood was the Texas High QB. This was a great Tiger team that lost to Permian. The Tigers did not win state, but came close to it. Both Norwood and Street went on to the University of Texas. Street wound up being the Texas QB. He became a great one for the Horns.

I also remember that Marshall had a great passing QB that year named I think Bean ?? If I recall correctly he went to Baylor. All three QB were outstanding in the old East Texas District.

Man...so many great stories like that out there with that old district! KILLER!

Things are different. A 9-1 team sitting at home is unfathomable these days. I'm glad that has changed. But it's gone too far the other way. Amazing to think that ONE loss ended your whole season. Texas High beat Marshall 25-8 that season.

Wow.

One of these days I'm going to compile a history of that district. ONE DAY. I promise!

Man...so many great stories like that out there with that old district! KILLER!

Things are different. A 9-1 team sitting at home is unfathomable these days. I'm glad that has changed. But it's gone too far the other way. Amazing to think that ONE loss ended your whole season. Texas High beat Marshall 25-8 that season.

Wow.

One of these days I'm going to compile a history of that district. ONE DAY. I promise!

Indeed it was a great district. I had a friend who was a sub on the Tiger Varsity the year the Tigers got beat by Permian. The game was played at TCU. He said when Permian first came onto the field they had about the same number of players as the Tigers had. A few minutes later here came the rest of the players for Permian. Their squad was about double that of Texas High. Still, it was a great game to listen to on the radio. One the Tigers could have won.

So many great, great, games in that old East Texas district. Although, they fought tooth and nail, it was more of a close nit district. Especially in comparison to what we have now at the larger classifications in East Texas. Even Texas High vs. Lufkin would pack them in. That was a long, slow trip down two lane US 59 years ago.