Your First Car.

reddmutt1898

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well mine was a Toyota.......they all looked the same back then....... :lol:

Sorry WHF.....was bleary eyed when I posted.......always laughed at how Datsun got it's name...."they say"......Hitler was needing a car built for the masses during the 1930's and Karl Benz said he could build a car in 4 days for the German masses...and Hitler replied...."dat soon"??...sorry had to do it!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well mine was a Toyota.......they all looked the same back then.......:lol:

Looked the same back then? I can't tell a Malibu from an Altima. Few months back we stopped at Lil Ceasars Pizza, & I go in to order. Few minutes later it was ready. Wife sees me paying & she backs out of parking space and pulled up even with the door. A lady in another white car of some kind pulled in where wife was parked. I walked out & opened her passenger door, and she hollers, What are you doing? Red faced, I apologized and slinked over to our white car & got in. Duh, tru storie

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Looked the same back then? I can't tell a Malibu from an Altima. Few months back we stopped at Lil Ceasars Pizza, & I go in to order. Few minutes later it was ready. Wife sees me paying & she backs out of parking space and pulled up even with the door. A lady in another white car of some kind pulled in where wife was parked. I walked out & opened her passenger door, and she hollers, What are you doing? Red faced, I apologized and slinked over to our white car & got in. Duh, tru storie

REB..you "sleezy ol man".......haven't done THAT...BUT did break off a key in the door lock on a 1965 Pontiac Bonneville.....mom gave me the key to go unlock the door at the mall....and the car next to ours was a White 65 Pontiac Bonneville...looked just like ours...and me being the "SMART" kid that I was...put key in the door lock and tore it off trying to unlock the wrong door on the wrong car......yes pop TANNED my hide over that....locksmith charged $20 to rekey the door...today a "fob" for these new cars ...about $4-500....THAT'S alot of hide tanning!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

My first car was a white over green 57 Chevy Belaire 4-door with a 283 c.i. engine and a three-0n-the-tree manual tranny. Was driving it one day and the hood latch broke and the hood flew up in front of the windshield! Never forget that one. Also I remember you filled the air cleaner up with motor oil instead of changing out the paper filter.

My first car was a truck. A white 1991 Chevy S-10 with a 5 speed manual. I had to learn (quickly) how to drive a manual. I bought it with a loan from the bank.

Though when I was first looking for vehicles, I found two that I wanted but didn't have the cash for.

A guy who I knew who lived down the street from my grandmother had a red 1967 Mustang he was selling for $1,950. I didn't have the money.

After that, I noticed someone living in my neighborhood selling a gold-colored 1988 Fiero (also with a 5-speed manual) for $2,000. Didn't have it then, either.

I probably should have tried to get a loan for one of them, but I don't know if the bank would have given a $2,000 loan to a 16 year old who worked at a fast food place -- at least not without a co-signer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...