15-3A Scores?

Parisian

Progress report from District 14-3A: #21 Emory Rains (6-0) travels to Lindale (5-1) on Friday for a big match in that race. Not certain, but I think #23 Wills Point is in 3rd place at 4-2.

Meanwhile, no change in District 13-3A: Mabank, Kaufman, and Crandall (5-1 each) all won last night.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paris is still perfect in District 15-3A at 6-0 with an 18-0 W-L record in games played after tonight's 25-18, 25-14, 25-4 sweep of Atlanta (0-6). Lady Cats didn't play like the state's No. 9-ranked team, which, by the way, they aren't anymore after being inexplicably dropped to 17th in the TGCA ratings despite wins last week over #7 Pleasant Grove and previous #4 Liberty-Eylau. PG remains at #7 this week. Someone explain that to me.

Anyway, Paris record is now 31-3 with 17 straight match wins. The Lady Cats go for a school record-tying 32nd season win Friday at crosstown rival North Lamar. Should be a packed house.

I can't. Another case in point. Pine Tree was ranked 18th for several weeks. They moved up to 13th AFTER being swept by John Tyler (4th in district).

I will continue to peruse the TGCA poll, but for entertainment purposes only.

I can't. Another case in point. Pine Tree was ranked 18th for several weeks. They moved up to 13th AFTER being swept by John Tyler (4th in district).

I will continue to peruse the TGCA poll, but for entertainment purposes only.

It's kinda amazing in these days of instant data access that we're still living in the dark ages of communications where high school sports, particularly the "minor" sports, are concerned. So much is still dependent on coaches' reporting, and that's a very haphazard system. I'm glad this forum exists. It really helps the serious fan.

Two great city rivalries played out on the volleyball court Friday. In addition to Paris' 3-1 win over North Lamar, Liberty-Eylau beat Pleasant Grove, 3-2. Paris now has a 2-match cushion in District 15-3A with 3 to go. Standings update:

1. Paris 7-0 (32-3 for season)

2. PG 5-2 (26-10)

3. L-E 4-3 (30-5)

4. NL 3-4 (19-17)

Remaining matches:

Paris: Mount Vernon, PG, L-E

PG: @Atlanta, @Paris, MV

L-E: NL, ATL, @Paris

NL: @L-E, @MV, @ATL

NL already has a win over L-E. Tuesday's match will go a long way towards deciding a playoff spot. Paris can wrap up the district's top seed with a win Friday over PG.

With 10 days remaining in the regular season, here's some potential Region 2, Class 3A quarterfinal brackets involving East Texas schools (Districts 13-16). Obviously, it's subject to change; just showing potential matchups based on current district standings.

Bracket 1

W16 (Spring Hill), bye

R13 (Kaufman/Mabank/Crandall) vs. T14 (Wills Point)

W14 (Lindale/Rains), bye

R15 (Pleasant Grove) vs. T16 (Carthage)

Bracket 2

W15 (Paris), bye

R14 (Lindale/Rains) vs. T13 (Kaufman/Mabank/Crandall)

W13 (Kaufman/Mabank/Crandall), bye

R16 (Gilmer) vs. T15 (Liberty-Eylau)

Winners of these two brackets advance to regional tournament in Commerce against bracket winners from North Texas schools (Districts 9-12). #1 Lucas Lovejoy is the odds-on favorite to make it back to the Commerce regional (to meet the winner of Bracket 2 above), while Prosper, Commerce, or Celina would be the current bet to survive the other quarterfinal bracket and face the Bracket 1 winner in the other semifinal.

Im sorry to hear Paris lost a game to North Lamar but congratulate them on another fine win to keep their district record spotless. Those rivalry game are tough. This past week SH beat Carthage 25-11; 25-20; 25- 15 and beat Gladewater 25-10; 25-17; 25-9, to run their District record to 7-0 and 30-6 on the season. The interesting event from our district this week is Carthage sweeping Gilmer on Friday. As such, our 16-AAA record looks like this:

SH: 7-0

Gilmer: 5-2

Carthage: 4-3

SH plays at Pittsburg on Tuesday and at Gilmer on Friday.

Paris, No. 4 in this week's coaches poll, sweeps Mount Vernon tonight in volleyball, 25-16, 25-13, 25-9. Lady Cats are now 33-3 for season (a new school record for wins in a season), on a 19-match win streak, and have clinched no worse than a tie for the District 15-3A top spot at 8-0. Paris closes out the regular season at home Friday vs. No. 25 Pleasant Grove and next Tuesday vs. No. 18 Liberty-Eylau. They've dropped just 1 game in district play.

Paris is certainly living up to their due. A very good team dominating a very good district. No. 13 Spring Hill is 8-0 in District with 2 games left. The Lady Panthers play Gilmer Friday and Henderson on Tuesday. The playoff teams from this district sit as follows:

SH 8-0 (31-6 on the season)

Gilmer 6-2

Carthage 5-3

The Lady Panthers 31 wins is most in school history and have a 61-17 record over the past two years. Should be some great playoffs.

Paris is certainly living up to their due. A very good team dominating a very good district. No. 13 Spring Hill is 8-0 in District with 2 games left. The Lady Panthers play Gilmer Friday and Henderson on Tuesday. The playoff teams from this district sit as follows:

SH 8-0 (31-6 on the season)

Gilmer 6-2

Carthage 5-3

The Lady Panthers 31 wins is most in school history and have a 61-17 record over the past two years. Should be some great playoffs.

Liberty-Eylau 31-6 and won't even make the playoffs. I know they beat Gilmer at Gilmer, don't know if they played Spring Hill.

Spring Hill has not played LE this season. We have played Gilmer twice and beaten them both times. We play them at Gilmer tomorrow night. Are you sure LE wont make playoffs. Who will be the number 3 team out of 15-AAA. Paris, Pleasant Grove, and who? Will it be North Lamar?

Spring Hill has not played LE this season. We have played Gilmer twice and beaten them both times. We play them at Gilmer tomorrow night. Are you sure LE wont make playoffs. Who will be the number 3 team out of 15-AAA. Paris, Pleasant Grove, and who? Will it be North Lamar?

Probably North Lamar. They swept L-E so they hold the tiebreaker and they finish out against Mount Vernon and Atlanta, two matches they should win. NL's playing much better lately. There's a good chance they could advance through the playoff bracket to meet up with Paris again in the quarters. At this point I'd predict a Spring Hill-Pleasant Grove matchup in their quarterfinal bracket. If current form holds, it looks like a Paris-Lovejoy regional semifinal then Lovejoy vs. the survivor of Spring Hill/Commerce/Prosper in the regional final. I haven't seen Lovejoy yet, but everyone says they're a cut above everyone else in 3A.

Paris will be playing White Oak for the 3rd time this season on Saturday, Oct. 30, 1 PM at White Oak in a warmup game if anyone in the Longview area wants to check them out. Should be a good test for both squads before playoffs start.

Probably North Lamar. They swept L-E so they hold the tiebreaker and they finish out against Mount Vernon and Atlanta, two matches they should win. NL's playing much better lately. There's a good chance they could advance through the playoff bracket to meet up with Paris again in the quarters. At this point I'd predict a Spring Hill-Pleasant Grove matchup in their quarterfinal bracket. If current form holds, it looks like a Paris-Lovejoy regional semifinal then Lovejoy vs. the survivor of Spring Hill/Commerce/Prosper in the regional final. I haven't seen Lovejoy yet, but everyone says they're a cut above everyone else in 3A.

Paris will be playing White Oak for the 3rd time this season on Saturday, Oct. 30, 1 PM at White Oak in a warmup game if anyone in the Longview area wants to check them out. Should be a good test for both squads before playoffs start.

Who will Paris catch in their first playoff game? I couldn't find district standings from the other districts.

Who will Paris catch in their first playoff game? I couldn't find district standings from the other districts.

Assuming Paris wins District 15-3A (a win today over Pleasant Grove would wrap that up), Lady Cats get a first-round bye then open in the area round vs. the winner of the bi-district match between the District 14 runnerup (Lindale or Rains) and District 13 third-place team (Kaufman/Mabank/Crandall). Lindale and Rains have split their matches and are probably headed for a playoff. Kaufman, Mabank, Crandall were tied for the 13-3A lead at the midpoint after splitting their head-to-head matches. Crandall has beaten Mabank in round 2 and plays Kaufman today. Kaufman and Mabank meet again on Tuesday.

Paris sweeps Pleasant Grove today, 25-15, 25-21, 25-21, to take the District 25-3A volleyball title. Lady Hawks fought hard, but #4 Lady Cats were just a step better. Paris is now 34-3, on a 20-match win streak, and can close out district play on a perfect 10-0 mark Tuesday when they host Liberty-Eylau. PG now 27-11 and 6-3 and has already locked up the district's No. 2 playoff spot. It's the first district title in volleyball for Paris since 2003. Lots of happy fans in Paris tonight, particularly after suffering through a tough football season.

Congratulations to the Paris girls on a great district championship. I hope they finish off a perfect District run heading into the playoffs. The Lady Panthers from SH swept Gilmer in Gilmer 25: 13; 25:15; 25-16 to claim their second District title in two years. They face Henderson at SH Tuesday night to try to make it a 10-0 run in District. The Lady Panthers are now 32-6 overall and 9-0 in District. Gilmer and Carthage are tied for second at 7-3 each, both having lost twice to SH and once a piece to each other.

Here's a quick UIL playoff bracket update with one match left in the regular season:

District 13: 1. Kaufman 8-1, 2. Crandall 7-2, 3. Mabank 7-2 (Mabank is at Kaufman and Crandall at North Forney Tuesday. A Kaufman win confirms the order of finish because Crandall swept Mabank. A Mabank win creates a 3-way tie.)

District 14: 1. (tie) Lindale & Rains 8-1, 3. Wills Point ?-? (I'm guessing on the 3rd-place finisher; it's hard to find information on this district. It looks like Lindale & Rains are headed for a playoff.)

District 15: 1. Paris 9-0, 2. Pleasant Grove 6-3, 3. (tie) North Lamar & Liberty-Eylau 5-4. (Paris has wrapped up the No. 1 seed. Final matches Tuesday have L-E at Paris, NL at Atlanta, Mount Vernon at PG. A PG win wraps up No. 2 seed. A NL win wraps up No. 3 seed because Pantherettes swept L-E. Lady Leopards must upset Paris and hope for either PG or NL loss to have a chance at playoffs)

District 16: 1. Spring Hill 9-0, 2. (tie) Gilmer & Carthage 6-3. (SH has locked up No. 1 seed. I'm guessing there will be a playoff for 2nd and 3rd seeds.)

So, quarterfinal brackets currently look like this:

Bracket 1

W 16 (Spring Hill) bye

R13 (Crandall) vs. T14 (Wills Point)

W14 (Rains or Lindale) bye

R15 (Pleasant Grove) vs. T16 (Gilmer or Carthage)

Bracket 2

W15 (Paris) bye

R14 (Rains or Lindale) vs. T13 (Mabank)

W13 (Kaufman) bye

R16 (Gilmer or Carthage) vs. T15 (North Lamar)

Bi-district is set Nov. 1-2, Area round Nov. 4-6, Quarterfinals Nov. 8-9, and the Regional Tournament Nov. 12-13.

Parisian: Thanks for all your work in obtaining the other district information and setting up the probable brackets.

No problem. I wish we could find a reliable source from District 14. Most of those schools are a bit isolated from up-to-date online news posts. The same brackets (combining Districts 13-14-15-16) will be used for basketball, baseball, and softball, too.

Here's a quick UIL playoff bracket update with one match left in the regular season:

District 13: 1. Kaufman 8-1, 2. Crandall 7-2, 3. Mabank 7-2 (Mabank is at Kaufman and Crandall at North Forney Tuesday. A Kaufman win confirms the order of finish because Crandall swept Mabank. A Mabank win creates a 3-way tie.)

District 14: 1. (tie) Lindale & Rains 8-1, 3. Wills Point ?-? (I'm guessing on the 3rd-place finisher; it's hard to find information on this district. It looks like Lindale & Rains are headed for a playoff.)

District 15: 1. Paris 9-0, 2. Pleasant Grove 6-3, 3. (tie) North Lamar & Liberty-Eylau 5-4. (Paris has wrapped up the No. 1 seed. Final matches Tuesday have L-E at Paris, NL at Atlanta, Mount Vernon at PG. A PG win wraps up No. 2 seed. A NL win wraps up No. 3 seed because Pantherettes swept L-E. Lady Leopards must upset Paris and hope for either PG or NL loss to have a chance at playoffs)

District 16: 1. Spring Hill 9-0, 2. (tie) Gilmer & Carthage 6-3. (SH has locked up No. 1 seed. I'm guessing there will be a playoff for 2nd and 3rd seeds.)

So, quarterfinal brackets currently look like this:

Bracket 1

W 16 (Spring Hill) bye

R13 (Crandall) vs. T14 (Wills Point)

W14 (Rains or Lindale) bye

R15 (Pleasant Grove) vs. T16 (Gilmer or Carthage)

Bracket 2

W15 (Paris) bye

R14 (Rains or Lindale) vs. T13 (Mabank)

W13 (Kaufman) bye

R16 (Gilmer or Carthage) vs. T15 (North Lamar)

Bi-district is set Nov. 1-2, Area round Nov. 4-6, Quarterfinals Nov. 8-9, and the Regional Tournament Nov. 12-13.

I don't agree with you about 13-3A. Kaufman lost to Mabank in the first round in four games. Does anyone know what happens if there is a three way tie for first?

I don't agree with you about 13-3A. Kaufman lost to Mabank in the first round in four games. Does anyone know what happens if there is a three way tie for first?

If Kaufman beats Mabank it wins district. I know Mabank won the first meeting but Crandall swept Mabank and Kaufman swept Crandall. If Mabank wins it's 3-way tie. Don't know how they would settle it...could be as simple as a coin flip.

Spring Hill Lady Panthers swept Henderson tonight to finish District 10-0 and 30-1 in games played, having lost one game to Carthage in their first district match. The Lady Panthers enter the playoffs 33-6 for the year. Let me know how Paris faired tonight. I am sure they won. Look forward to keeping up with you in the playoffs.