15-3A Scores?

Parisian

Paris swept Liberty-Eylau tonight, 25-12, 25-11, 25-17. The Lady Cats also go 10-0 in District 15 and 30-1 in district games played, losing only one game at North Lamar. I don't have scores on Pleasant Grove and NL, but they finish 2-3 in the standings. L-E is through at 31-7. I doubt many other schools who won 30 don't even make the playoffs. The scary part is now many of those same athletes can concentrate on basketball where they're No. 1 and the defending state champs.

I saw a score from District 13 which had Kaufman beating Mabank in 3. If so, that district lineup is set: 1. Kaufman, 2. Crandall, 3. Mabank.

I'll try to do a playoff bracket update tomorrow when I know more.

Great job, Spring Hill. Good luck in the playoffs. As I said previously, I'd love to see a Paris-SH regional final, but I'm afraid Lucas Lovejoy might have something to say about that. BTW, Dallas News has Prosper beating Lovejoy tonight in 3, but I'd bet the ranch that's a misprint.

Paris plays at White Oak Saturday, 1:30 PM, in a warmup match. White Oak handed Paris 2 of its 3 losses this season so it should serve as a good measuring stick.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paris swept Liberty-Eylau tonight, 25-12, 25-11, 25-17. The Lady Cats also go 10-0 in District 15 and 30-1 in district games played, losing only one game at North Lamar. I don't have scores on Pleasant Grove and NL, but they finish 2-3 in the standings. L-E is through at 31-7. I doubt many other schools who won 30 don't even make the playoffs. The scary part is now many of those same athletes can concentrate on basketball where they're No. 1 and the defending state champs.

I saw a score from District 13 which had Kaufman beating Mabank in 3. If so, that district lineup is set: 1. Kaufman, 2. Crandall, 3. Mabank.

I'll try to do a playoff bracket update tomorrow when I know more.

Great job, Spring Hill. Good luck in the playoffs. As I said previously, I'd love to see a Paris-SH regional final, but I'm afraid Lucas Lovejoy might have something to say about that. BTW, Dallas News has Prosper beating Lovejoy tonight in 3, but I'd bet the ranch that's a misprint.

Paris plays at White Oak Saturday, 1:30 PM, in a warmup match. White Oak handed Paris 2 of its 3 losses this season so it should serve as a good measuring stick.

This is a tough district for sure. Good luck to all the 15AAA ladies!

Tuesday's results confirmed my previous playoff brackets for East Texas Class 3A. The only uncertainties surround the 3rd-place team from District 14 (I think it's Wills Point) and district seedings involving Rains & Lindale, Gilmer & Carthage. Good luck everyone.

Quarterfinal Bracket 1

W 16 (Spring Hill) bye

R13 (Crandall) vs. T14 (Wills Point)

W14 (Rains or Lindale) bye

R15 (Pleasant Grove) vs. T16 (Gilmer or Carthage)

Quarterfinal Bracket 2

W15 (Paris) bye

R14 (Rains or Lindale) vs. T13 (Mabank)

W13 (Kaufman) bye

R16 (Gilmer or Carthage) vs. T15 (North Lamar)

Rains and Lindale have a playoff Friday at Wills Point to determine the top 2 seeds from District 14. Gilmer and Carthage still have to settle the Nos. 2-3 seeds from District 16.

Bi-district is set Nov. 1-2, Area round Nov. 4-6, Quarterfinals Nov. 8-9, and the Regional Tournament Nov. 12-13.

By the way, the other two Region 2 quarterfinal brackets involve North Texas districts 9-10-11-12. The potential big matchups in those brackets include Commerce (No. 8 in state) vs. Prosper (No. 11) in the area round and Lovejoy (No. 1) vs. Argyle (No. 10) in a quarterfinal.

As always, thanks for all the info Parisian.

Thanks for the interest, cowboy. If I were to guess now, I'd say SH is headed to a quarterfinal match vs. the winner of Lindale-Pleasant Grove. Lindale seems to have picked up the pace during district and PG has the playoff experience. Then I'd look for SH to face the winner of Commerce-Prosper at the regional semis. Again, just guesses right now.

Emory Rains beat Lindale in 4 games Friday to settle the District 14 top seed, so adjusted playoff brackets now show:

Quarterfinal Bracket 1

W 16 (Spring Hill) bye

R13 (Crandall) vs. T14 (Wills Point)

W14 (Rains) bye

R15 (Pleasant Grove) vs. T16 (Gilmer or Carthage)

Quarterfinal Bracket 2

W15 (Paris) bye

R14 (Lindale) vs. T13 (Mabank)

W13 (Kaufman) bye

R16 (Gilmer or Carthage) vs. T15 (North Lamar)

I haven't heard anything from Gilmer-Carthage.

Does anybody know the result? UIL hasn't updated the bracket yet.

Gilmer and Carthage meet today (Saturday, Oct. 30), 3 PM, at Longview to decide Nos. 2 and 3 seeds from District 16. The winner gets North Lamar in bi-district round, and the loser faces Pleasant Grove.

Paris swept Lindale tonight, 25-13, 25-23, 27-25, rallying from behind in games 2 and 3 and refusing to let the Lady Eagles back in the match. They play North Lamar on Tuesday at nearby Prairiland in the regional quarters. NL swept Kaufman earlier today. This will be the third meeting this season between the district and crosstown rivals. Paris has won 6 matches in a row over NL dating back to 2008. There will likely be a huge crowd to see if NL can spring the upset.

Paris swept Lindale tonight, 25-13, 25-23, 27-25, rallying from behind in games 2 and 3 and refusing to let the Lady Eagles back in the match. They play North Lamar on Tuesday at nearby Prairiland in the regional quarters. NL swept Kaufman earlier today. This will be the third meeting this season between the district and crosstown rivals. Paris has won 6 matches in a row over NL dating back to 2008. There will likely be a huge crowd to see if NL can spring the upset.

Good luck!

Spring Hill Lady Panthers defeated Rains in four 27-25; 24-26; 25-14; 25-13, to advance to the Regional Tournament where they will play the winner of tonight's match between Prosper and Whitesboro. The Lady Panthers play at Texas A&M Commerce at 6:00 p.m. Congrats to Paris, SH and Lovejoy on advancing to the Regional Tournament

SH Lady Panthers lost their Regional Semi-Final Match to Prosper in a heartbreaker. After losing the first to sets to Prosper: 25-16; 25-13, the Lady Panthers stormed back to take the next two sets 25-19; 25-14, before losing the fifth set 15-10. The girls had a great run.. Congrats to the SH Lady Panthers on a great season and a special Congratulations to all the seniors on great back to back seasons. You seniors are 65-18 over the past two seasons with a Regional Quarter Final Appearance and a Regional Tournament appearance. Awesome job. We will miss you.