68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Tatum
    • Harmony

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tatum isn't going to be challenged this week. They can pick their score. Tatum won't be challenged until they face Daingerfield in either the state semifinals or finals (hopefully the state finals .... at SFA????). That's my opinion.

If Tatum and D'field can both make it, they will face each other in the Finals. The game has already been predetermined to be played in Mansfield up around Dallas.

I disagree, Tatum will face a challenge the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. Some good teams out there. Cameron Yoe is probably the toughest team Tatum may see other than the State Final especially if D'field makes it.

If Tatum and D'field can both make it, they will face each other in the Finals. The game has already been predetermined to be played in Mansfield up around Dallas.

I disagree, Tatum will face a challenge the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. Some good teams out there. Cameron Yoe is probably the toughest team Tatum may see other than the State Final especially if D'field makes it.

Besides Yoe who as of right now do you think will test Tatum in region 3?

Tatum isn't going to be challenged this week. They can pick their score. Tatum won't be challenged until they face Daingerfield in either the state semifinals or finals (hopefully the state finals .... at SFA????). That's my opinion.

ON ANY GIVEN FRIDAY..................neither team has a free pass to either of those games. I think Tatum has a very good chance of getting there, but the Blue Tigers are not the team they have been....they have some work to do in District yet. Good luck to both, but there are some good football teams between these two meeting.

I'm not real sure about this, but Crockett might test Tatum. Crockett seems to be playing well right now. The playoffs are a ways off, so some other teams may develope and be a challenge to Tatum. I hope Tatum does not get over confident, that could kill us going into the playoffs.

ON ANY GIVEN FRIDAY..................neither team has a free pass to either of those games. I think Tatum has a very good chance of getting there, but the Blue Tigers are not the team they have been....they have some work to do in District yet. Good luck to both, but there are some good football teams between these two meeting.

DF will have to do alot of work between now and then if they want to make it there. The pieces are there, just have to put it all together again! We will have another piece of the puzzle back in a couple more games hopefully, and that will bring another element to our defense, and another offensive weapon! Alot of hard work still to go!

If I had to pick the top of region 3 in order it would be like this.....

1. Tatum

2. Cameron Yoe

3. Crockett/Newton

5. East Chambers - Not sure here, they beat Newton but the loss of Barbay could have influenced this

6. Anahuac

Yoe beat 3A Waco La Vega by 10 or 11, and they beat Navasota 35-33. They have 27 seniors out of the 35 or so players that they have. Lots of experience and leadership. I think athletically Tatum has the advantage in speed and size, as well as depth. Way more depth. IMO if Tatum plays every game to their best capabilities no one in the region will be able to take them. If they come out flat and stumble like they did in the first 18 minutes against Bullard...Yoe, Crockett, Newton pose problems. But from one former state champ fan to another.....Tatum should indeed be in that title game.....the best "all around" team Tatum has fielded since 05 when we won it all in 3A.

If I had to pick the top of region 3 in order it would be like this.....

1. Tatum

2. Cameron Yoe

3. Crockett/Newton

5. East Chambers - Not sure here, they beat Newton but the loss of Barbay could have influenced this

6. Anahuac

Yep, this is about what I was thinking. Earlier, I would have had Anahuac below Yoe and above or with Newton. We have a tough climb to the top, but if we can make it all the way to the top of the hill, we will have been battle tested and ready to play some very good ball. That may work in our favor. Just hope our guys keep their head on straight and remember that everyone is beatable.

Not at all..

Hes called off dogs early in 4 of 5 games this year.. Only Gilmer got the starters for more than 3 quarters.

I don't know Coach Evans on a personnel level but from everything I have read and been told he is a class act. I believe he will call off the dogs but to make it respectable he may have 2 or 3 teams he has to play his second team long before half time. The only thing is this is not good for your starters. It will help getting people well that are injured, but you have to think about keeping the starters sharp as well. It would be a tough decision for any Coach.

Im almost certain Tatum will try their best not to score 72....

I hope your right, but sometimes you can't help but score even if the second team is in, of course you can punt on first down when you have the ball. These games are hard to put a score on.

I hope your right, but sometimes you can't help but score even if the second team is in, of course you can punt on first down when you have the ball. These games are hard to put a score on.

Our "2nd team" can score some points.. But luckily for us we are are at least 3 sometimes 4 deep at different positions.

good guess tiger if it gets pass the 50s will be someting couldn't that couldn't be helped.

Just can't see the score ever breaking 70 even if thay sent the clock guy home in 2nd Q

Tatum is good about a running block in the second half. They had it this week from what I've heard. That being said, they're not going to score 60 on Harmony. Probably 52-55 would be my guess.

Tatum is good about a running block in the second half. They had it this week from what I've heard. That being said, they're not going to score 60 on Harmony. Probably 52-55 would be my guess.

Tatum could have run up the score against Bullard, it could have been a 70+ - 7 game. That is not Coach Evans' Style. He doesn't like humiliating another team. He just wants to win well, and have the players execute the plays well.

Because they CAN'T or WON'T???? I'll give prediction later in the week.

Oh they can. Without breaking much of a sweat. But I don't think they will because a.) Evans won't let that happen; and b.) the clock will run the entire 2nd half. If this were 6 man, it'd be over at the break. It's not, but it will still be over at the break (or at least out of hand).