1. 1. Who you got?

• Hallsville in a barnburner
    • Marshall in a barnburner
    • Hallsville wins big
    • Marshall wins big

HALLSVILLE BOBCATS

Vs.

MARSHALL MAVERICKS

Seems like this game always has a do/die quality to it each season. This year is no different.

Both teams are coming off losses, but in different fashions. Marshall lost a heartbreaker on a FG with no time left on the clock to Jacksonville. Meanwhile Hallsville's game was decided in the first quarter as they got dismantled by Whitehouse.

Marshall is (1-1) in district, while Hallsville is (0-2). Both teams need a win to keep their seasons on track.

Questions may include:

1. Who has a bigger psychological monkey to get off their from last week's game?

2. Who is the healthiest?

3. Which team for each will show up?

4. Offensive game....or defensive battle?

Who you got and why?

A few interesting facts about the game on the Mav page:

http://www.etsupersite.com/

Good luck to the Mavs this week!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mavs should win this game easily...SHOULD. However, they have played some sloppy football the last couple weeks and the coaching has been as equally sloppy. If the team plays like they did against Neville, and the coaches can manage the game the way they did against Neville, we win by 3 td's. Play and coach like we have the last couple weeks, and Hallsville will be ready to steal a win.

The Hallsville offense really misses the starting qb and starting rb. I felt those were the main two threats of the offense. Without them, the offense has looked pretty unimpressive. I look for the same thing to beat the bobcats that always does when they play teams like Marshall, Kilgore, and Longview. Hallsville doesn't usually have the team speed to hang with these teams, and they seem to always give up big special teams plays against them. Unfortunately, as long as Denton and Johnson are on the sideline, Hallsville might not win a district game (except maybe PT).

I like the Mavs in this game. Hallsville has been hit very hard by the injury bug. Certainly, the loss at the Tomato Bowl was a tough one for the Mavs. However, Marshall has the speed and talent to overcome Hallsville.

I predict - Marshall 32 Hallsville 8 in this game.

Good luck to both teams and stay healthy. We are starting to get late in the season and injuries could prove very costly to a team like Marshall which I feel will be in the playoffs as a 14-4A Div I playoff team.

Did I hear that the Marshall QB got hurt in the Jacksonville game ? If so, I hope he is OK.

if q johnson is healthy and marshall has not much of a passing game ill go hallsville. Marshall can pass, marshall. If johnsons not playing at all, marshall in a very big margine if they can pass too. Idk a whole lot abt marshall. Maybe our good d line can get some more special team blks or sacks. Oline should be fine, team speed will hurt us. We favor special teams. Before injuries our rb, qb tandem was dangerous, were hurting for that firepower. They generated a total of 1083 total yards in 9 quarters.

If Hallsville gets their guns back for this game, then Marshall may be in for a tough game. Penalties and predictable offense has been killer for Marshall the past 2 weeks. Fix these things and I don't think Marshall will lose again in the regular season unless its to JT.

I didn't see any of the Marshall game and the updates Friday night were rare until the end of the game. With that being said, Marshall on paper should have dominated J'ville.

On paper, Marshall should dominate Hallsville, but it never turns out that way. Friday could become very interesting considering Hallsville always plays Marshall harder than they play anyone else throughout the season.

I found this on page 3...

Either, all hope is lost for both teams this season, or there isnt much to talk about. This game is supposed to be a rivalry and there is 0 talk between the fan base of either team?

Just like the HV vs WH thread; it was quiet also. There was a HV vs JT thread started before HV played CH and suffered all of the injuries.

Historically the HV and Marshall games have been fairly competitive, for the most part, with Marshall usually coming out ahead. And it always seems that the game is played in Marshall!

HV introduced the soph LB, Ferrell, as a running back late in the game against WH last week and he did well considering he had already played the entire game at LB. And yes, WH had at least the 2nd defense in by then and HV had their 2nd OL in there as well. Nonetheless he has always been a great running back in the 8th grade and part of his 9th grade year before being moved up to varsity as a LB. It will be interesting to see what HV does at LB if they choose to play him more at RB.

Not sure what the injury report is but hopefully all of the players are mending and will be able to contribute in some way. HV just needs to make some plays early on to gain some confidence. The talent is there it just needs to surface.

Hopefully the 'Cats will regroup and put forward a strong effort against the Mavs.

Sorry, no prediction, just looking forward to another game.

Just like the HV vs WH thread; it was quiet also. There was a HV vs JT thread started before HV played CH and suffered all of the injuries.

Historically the HV and Marshall games have been fairly competitive, for the most part, with Marshall usually coming out ahead. And it always seems that the game is played in Marshall!

HV introduced the soph LB, Ferrell, as a running back late in the game against WH last week and he did well considering he had already played the entire game at LB. And yes, WH had at least the 2nd defense in by then and HV had their 2nd OL in there as well. Nonetheless he has always been a great running back in the 8th grade and part of his 9th grade year before being moved up to varsity as a LB. It will be interesting to see what HV does at LB if they choose to play him more at RB.

Not sure what the injury report is but hopefully all of the players are mending and will be able to contribute in some way. HV just needs to make some plays early on to gain some confidence. The talent is there it just needs to surface.

Hopefully the 'Cats will regroup and put forward a strong effort against the Mavs.

Sorry, no prediction, just looking forward to another game.

We played in Hallsville last year during Cowboy days or whatever that festival was. They acted like it was a big deal... looked alot like our Fireant Festival to me.

We played in Hallsville last year during Cowboy days or whatever that festival was. They acted like it was a big deal... looked alot like our Fireant Festival to me.

That would be Western Days and it took place last week. It has been going on for about 30 years now. There is a street dance after the game, a parade Saturday morning with arts and crafts booths during the day, a chili cook-off and a Civil War re-enactment. Saturday night they have the Miss Hallsville pageant. Before the game Friday night, preceding the Miss Hallsville contest, they introduce the contestants.

Nothing to do with football!

That would be Western Days and it took place last week. It has been going on for about 30 years now. There is a street dance after the game, a parade Saturday morning with arts and crafts booths during the day, a chili cook-off and a Civil War re-enactment. Saturday night they have the Miss Hallsville pageant. Before the game Friday night, preceding the Miss Hallsville contest, they introduce the contestants.

Nothing to do with football!

I was just replying that we do play in Hallsville every other year. And the Miss Hallsville thing was held on the Home Sideline just prior to the game (maybe halftime).

Hallsville gets up for the festival. I respect that.

I was just replying that we do play in Hallsville every other year.

I do believe that we have played in Marshall more often due to re-alignment that got it out of sync. Also not sure if we played in Marshall one year due to the construction on the HV field. Could be wrong but it seems like we have played in Marshall more often since Marshall dropped to 4A. Sharing the visitors side with the Marshall band and some students is not quickly forgotten.

idk who is going to win this game since marshall starting qb is not playing in this game do to injury.

French was hurt? Trey Rogers should be able to step in and do a pretty good job with time. I would expect the play-calling to go alot to the RBs with some short passing mixed in.

Last year this game was a realy intense game in the second half we came back only to lose by 3 so friday is going to be crazy considering that we are on a 3 game losing streak so you can bet that we are hungry for a win, this game wont be like the last 3.

Last year this game was a realy intense game in the second half we came back only to lose by 3 so friday is going to be crazy considering that we are on a 3 game losing streak so you can bet that we are hungry for a win, this game wont be like the last 3.

That is one very long run-on sentence. But, you are right. Considering the history, this could be a pretty exciting game if Marshall is off of their game.