• Hallsville in a barnburner
    • Marshall in a barnburner
    • Hallsville wins big
    • Marshall wins big

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, hallsville 8th losing is a suprise... Marshall must have gave them all they wanted. Thought they would go undefeated.

c teams

hallsville 20

marshall 14

only score i knew

B team score is above. A team won 30-28. HV-Ateam QB had a great game and the defense was average. Still undefeated.

The MJHS 8th grade A team was previously unbeaten. The MHS 9th grade team is (4-1) with their only loss being to Longview.

JV has never been too strong in Marshall. If a player is good, he will be moved up to Varsity more often than not. Can't remember the last time we had a strong JV.

Plenty of talent in the system for the future.

I hope injuries don't become a theme like they did for us in 2008. I've never in my life seen a team as beat up as that one was. I think by the time we got to the regular season finale at MP, we were down to our 3rd string QB, 3rd string RB, had 3 or four OL out and more than half the defense was gone to injuries.

Our reward? Losing to Kilgore in the first round of the playoffs with basically a JV squad out on the field.

J-ville was laying some serious wood last week. I knew we were going to have some bruises......physical and otherwise. Hope this doesn't hamper us too much. This is a huge game for us. We need a win to get back on track the next two weeks. JT and WH are looming.

Really hoping Kilgore can do us a favor and beat Jacksonville tonight too.

The MJHS 8th grade A team was previously unbeaten. The MHS 9th grade team is (4-1) with their only loss being to Longview.

JV has never been too strong in Marshall. If a player is good, he will be moved up to Varsity more often than not. Can't remember the last time we had a strong JV.

I hope injuries don't become a theme like they did for us in 2008. I've never in my life seen a team as beat up as that one was. I think by the time we got to the regular season finale at MP, we were down to our 3rd string QB, 3rd string RB, had 3 or four OL out and more than half the defense was gone to injuries.

Our reward? Losing to Kilgore in the first round of the playoffs with basically a JV squad out on the field.

J-ville was laying some serious wood last week. I knew we were going to have some bruises......physical and otherwise. Hope this doesn't hamper us too much. This is a huge game for us. We need a win to get back on track the next two weeks. JT and WH are looming.

Really hoping Kilgore can do us a favor and beat Jacksonville tonight too.

Last year Marshall JV shared the district title with Longview. No losses 1 tie in district (the tie being to Longview)

Hallsville's JV is without their starting QB and without 5 or 6 others that are on varsity. The are a few sophs on JV that will be starting on varsity next year.

Plenty of talent in the system for the future for Hallsville also.

Hallsville's JV is without their starting QB and without 5 or 6 others that are on varsity. The are a few sophs on JV that will be starting on varsity next year.

Plenty of talent in the system for the future for Hallsville also.

Who is Hallsville's JV starting QB this year? Warbington?

I like the Mavs in this game. Hallsville has been hit very hard by the injury bug. Certainly, the loss at the Tomato Bowl was a tough one for the Mavs. However, Marshall has the speed and talent to overcome Hallsville.

I predict - Marshall 32 Hallsville 8 in this game.

Good luck to both teams and stay healthy. We are starting to get late in the season and injuries could prove very costly to a team like Marshall which I feel will be in the playoffs as a 14-4A Div I playoff team.

Did I hear that the Marshall QB got hurt in the Jacksonville game ? If so, I hope he is OK.

if marshall doesnt have their q back they are done.i was at that game last week and didnt see him get injured but...

if marshall doesnt have their q back they are done.i was at that game last week and didnt see him get injured but...

All signs point to Bryce French playing. Not sure who that guy's sources are, but I think they are bad.

Newspaper said French will be a game time decision, and its a minor injury. There may be even more starters out however. This game may end up being the true JV A Vs JV A. To the Jax fan, I don't think Marshall is done without the starting QB. If anything it will make us more versatile and less one dimensional. No doubt we are a better team with French (he plays both ways) but this may be a good time for us to open up the playbook and get our other play makers involved. We have a ton, just the play calls don't often reflect it. We will need a healthy French down the road to be more successful, if we mix up the plays better.

Newspaper said French will be a game time decision, and its a minor injury. There may be even more starters out however. This game may end up being the true JV A Vs JV A. To the Jax fan, I don't think Marshall is done without the starting QB. If anything it will make us more versatile and less one dimensional. No doubt we are a better team with French (he plays both ways) but this may be a good time for us to open up the playbook and get our other play makers involved. We have a ton, just the play calls don't often reflect it. We will need a healthy French down the road to be more successful, if we mix up the plays better.

No doubt we are a better team with French......

No joke, that is the only player Harris likes to use. Leaves all the rest of the playmakers out it. Might be able to get by Hallsville without a 100% French, but who knows..

final marshall 17 hallsville 10... They played without french, we still played without our rb, qb, wr and db... I would have never placed us less than 3rd in district without all the injuries... Good game marshall. Even if hallsville wins out i dont know if we can make playoffs, we are in the easier stretch of the district race. Good luck rest of season marshall!

final marshall 17 hallsville 10... They played without french, we still played without our rb, qb, wr and db... I would have never placed us less than 3rd in district without all the injuries... Good game marshall. Even if hallsville wins out i dont know if we can make playoffs, we are in the easier stretch of the district race. Good luck rest of season marshall!

final marshall 17 hallsville 10... They played without french, we still played without our, qb, wr and db... I would have never placed us less than 3rd in district without all the injuries... Good game marshall. Even if hallsville wins out i dont know if we can make playoffs, we are in the easier stretch of the district race. Good luck rest of season marshall!

final marshall 17 hallsville 10... They played without french, we still played without our, qb, wr and db... I would have never placed us less than 3rd in district without all the injuries... Good game marshall. Even if hallsville wins out i dont know if we can make playoffs, we are in the easier stretch of the district race. Good luck rest of season marshall!

Marshall survived tonight. Nothing more.

Our offense struggled without Bryce French.....and we had a few others out as well. And it showed. We struggled to move the ball. We struggled to score. SIX times were in scoring postion....and only 17 points.

French will be back next week....and hopefully everyone else will be back with him.

Defense saved us tonight. I thought we played an outstanding defensive game. Hallsville had multiple chanced inside the 20 and was turned away three or four times.

Offense needs to get healthy.....QUICK. Nac will be hungry and JT and WH are looming ahead.

Come on Mavs.....get healthy!

Congrats to Hallsville on a hard-fought game.

On to Nac!!!!

man o man.....how many side stories are there to THAT GAME????

Hallsville was as healthy as they have been in awhile.Starting RB Quantrail Johnson played the whole game for Hallsville this week. As did DT/OL Kyle Pack. Even their starting QB played a few series. Defense won the game for Marshall. Offense was out of sync all night rotating 2 different QB's. French was missed more than I thought he would be. He played a couple snaps on Defense in the first quarter and got a TD saving INT. After that he didn't play the rest of the night. Marshalls O-Line got whooped most of the game and it kept the backup Qb's from finding a rhythm. Hallsville is def a team to lookout for now that they are getting healthy.

Are you talking about the RB Quantrail Johnson not playing? Because he actually played just about the entire game. Now he did pretty much get shut down but he was playing. We missed French bad tonight. This was a game that he could have really put on a show with the lack of speed on Hallsville defense. I know it sounds like Im bashing the Bobcats but Im really not. They played a tough gutsy game on both sides of the ball and could have snuck out with a win if a couple of plays had gone differently. Now about the coaching tonight (because that is what most of us are thinking right?) I have to say there was some improvement in areas. I loved the decision to kick it deep and let Pedro pin them. I really liked the WR screens to get the ball in our playmakers hands. Maybe could have thrown a few more. And when Hallsville had 3rd/4th and long at the end of the game we played a prevent defense with Shaq (6'4 WR/S) playing center field...AWESOME!! A win is a win and even though I really dont think we would have beaten many teams tonight we did what we had to do to beat Hallsville. Great game again by the defense, those guys are showing week in and week out that they are for real. Well, lets hope French can get healthy in time for Nac and we've got to bring it next week because Scotty Ford/Dennis Parker are gonna want this one BAD!