Best athlete you've EVER seen

TexanAmerican

Folks! Folks! Hands down the MAN that has a street in Tyler named after him.

Earl Campbell was not a man among boys. He was a giant among boys. Size, strength, speed and heart.

John Tyler in their 43 defense could play their guards in 3's not 2's because Earl took care of the middle all by himself.

Honorable mention

David Overstreet--Big Sandy-Unbelievable moves for a player his size

Chevis McCollister Tenaha ..Won the state championship game with only one good leg

Steve Wooster--Bridge City- When he ran he left bodies all over the field

Warren McVay..San Antonio..I saw him score 42 points on runs of 35 or more yards in a state semi-final game.

Rodney Thomas..Groveton.. Was special sight to watch

You personally saw all those guys play? When they were in high school? That's pretty cool. You have been getting around for quite a while! :highfive:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best high school players I have seen, not in order.

Earl Campbell

Hosea Taylor

Bobby Taylor

TJ Turner

Dez Bryant

Larry Centers

Robert Henson

Fred Talley

Robert Newhouse

Thomas Everett

Ricky Watts

Cedric Benson

Keith Guthrie

Trent Williams

Reggie McNeal

Bennie Valentin

This is all that comes to mind at the moment.

Ok boys....this will tell my age.....best players I played against

Kenny King...Clarendon...OU...Raiders/Oilers

David Overstreet...Big Sandy...OU...Miami

Mark Fincher...Jayton.....

Monte Coleman...UCA...Washington Redskins

William Miller...."Ocheta" Baptist....CFL

"Coached" for or against

Rodney Thomas...Groveton

Bam Morris....Cooper

Steve Loftin...Alto..

Speed Burner from Forney....Blanton

mind is getting foggy...you must forgive...getting toooo old

Adrian Peterson, man amongst children.

He would be my pick, this a football forum, so I'm thinking football,,,don't know if there has ever been an athelete to come out of ET,, that has made a bigger impact,,in his D1 college football career as a fresh thru senior,, and his pro football carreer, from a rookie to current... be interested to see,,if someone can come up with someone better out of ET.....

Well the fog has lifted from my brain......and there are two more names that come to mind that I have seen play.....that would be Adrian Peterson....had a coach see him on film and say...."We got him contained on defense....worry about scoring on that defense".....at the game....3 plays and 3 touchdowns later.....I walk up to the coach and ask him if he has contained AD yet....The other was a long time ago.....played a pretty good rb from Gorman Texas....Mel Maxfield....turned out to be a pretty good coach to.....

Adrian Peterson Palestine

KEyou Craver Harleton

Chad Royal Ore City

And the running back from cuero last year he was a man amongst boys

I agree with the first 2 picks but your number 3 pick was only good his jr. year because of the line and fullback {Clint Yaar} he had in front of him. His senior year ND held him to 22 yards on 27 carries and he was a joke at safety, would not hit nothing. Seen it in person.

Bobby Taylor - Longview.

True 3 sport superstar. Best player on Lobo football team, lead Lobo basketball team to state title, and anchored Lobo 4X400 relay team to state title.

Marcedes Lewis - Long Beach Poly

Kid was 6'8", 250 pound tight end / defensive end as a High School kid. Totally dominated either side of the ball. In basketball was an unstoppable power forward.

D.J. William, Concord De La Salle High School.

Played Running back and Linebacker in High School. John Madden said Williams was the only high school player he had ever seen who he thought could have gone straight to the NFL.

Adrian Peterson Palestine

KEyou Craver Harleton

Chad Royal Ore City

And the running back from cuero last year he was a man amongst boys

Chad Royal never gets much credit but he was an awesome highschool rb. He had something like 6500 rushing and was always humble and a great guy.

The best athelete I've seen was Curtis Brown. Freaky atheletic!

I agree with the first 2 picks but your number 3 pick was only good his jr. year because of the line and fullback {Clint Yaar} he had in front of him. His senior year ND held him to 22 yards on 27 carries and he was a joke at safety, would not hit nothing. Seen it in person.

You don't know what you"re talking about because Clint Jahr was 2 years ahead of Chad. Sure he didn't have a good game against ND but he was all Ore City had his junior and senior seasons. It's hard to run with 10 in the box. If he was only good one season then how did he rack up 6500 yards in highschool? He also would light you up at safety. Maybe he lit you up?

If you ever saw Drew Coleman play QB, RB, WR, PR, KR.... you would say him.... (Henderson, 2000)

If you've ever seen the "Juke" and "Spin" buttons on X-box and Playstation, he had more.....

Still playing for the Jets today as a CB

The little Corner that sacked Brett Farve in the 1st quarter monday night was none other than "the human joy stick" -Drew Coleman... :notworthy:

Cecil Convict Collins Leesville High School 7,833 yards over his high school football career including 3079 yards during his senior season one season with the Dolphins and 14 with Florida State Prison

Mark Henderson West Ouachita (West Monroe LA) Broke Collins Single Season Rushing record for Louisiana I think it was over 4000 but i cant find the stats Played At Arkansas and ULM never to be heard from again

Anthony (A Train)Thomas Winfield, Louisiana 106 career touchdowns Michigan and several NFL Team

Some of the best I played against:

!.Edwin Simmons from Hawkins

2.Chris Vaughn from Dekalb

3.Eddie Dowell from LK

Some of the best I have seen play.

1. Steve Stutsman from Dangerfield

2. Thomas Everett from Dangerfield

3. Hosea Taylor from Longview

4. Bobby Taylor from Longview

5. Fred Talley from Longview

6. Keith Guthrie from John Tyler

7. Earl Cambell from John Tyler

8. David Warren from Jonh Tyler

9. Jessie Armstead from Dallas Carter

10. Odell Beckham from Marshall

11. Justin Jones from Marshall

12. Paul Butler from Jefferson

13. Ryan Mallet from Texas High

14. Matthew Stafford from Highland Park

15. Graham Harrell from Ennis

16. Billy Simms from Hooks

• 1 month later...

The best All Around Athlete I've ever seen in ET? Joe Wylie from Henderson (plus he graduated with a 4.0 gpa). The best HS football player I've ever seen play from ET - Earl Campbell. I've seen the Taylors, Sims, Adrian Peterson (who never impressed me at all in the HS games I saw him play) and a bunch of others and there was never another as good as Earl.