Mesquite Horn v.s Longview

lobo09

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lobos take this one fairly easily if they play like they did in the first half against Mesquite.

85 - you are probably correct. Longivew is the better team. However, I saw Horn play Friday against Lee and they are not the same old Mesquite Horn team of years past. Their 2nd string QB was very talented, fast, and made some amazing passes...which makes me wonder how good their 1st string QB was, before he apparently got hurt.

Talking to friends in Mesquite ISD, Poteet is supposed to be the only school with a real shot of making some noise in that school district. I haven't seen any of the Mesquite schools yet this year (nor will I until the playoffs due to my own games on Friday nights) so I am just passing along the "he said, she said". Take it with a grain of salt.

Longview by 2 Toouchdowns.

I think he was replaced by Demarcus Lathan (coaches decision) after Diop returned to action.

wow. that is suprising. I cant believe the diop kid is being productive with a torn acl. the wiley(I think he #32) kid started last year and is a great athlete so I would think he would be on the field somewhere.

I think he was replaced by Demarcus Lathan (coaches decision) after Diop returned to action.

Lathan has been feeling in for Diop (Due to his ACL injury). Wiley was suspended for disciplinary actions and it's in the air if he will play this Friday. His spot has not been changed, don't know where that came from.

Horn has definitely improved their program since Longview left the district in 07. It will be a completely different team than the ones that we completely mauled from 04 to 07. It wouldn't shock me one bit if the district race comes down to this game.

That said, Longview is start to come into it's own and it's at home. Lobos by 14.

This is one Longview HAS to have in terms of the playoffs. With a win, and Horn most likely being the other rep in Division II, the Lobos would get the No. 1 in DII and get the likes of Belton, South Garland, and Lake Highlands instead of being on the same side of the bracket as Copperas Cove and Lufkin.

Talking to friends in Mesquite ISD, Poteet is supposed to be the only school with a real shot of making some noise in that school district. I haven't seen any of the Mesquite schools yet this year (nor will I until the playoffs due to my own games on Friday nights) so I am just passing along the "he said, she said". Take it with a grain of salt.

Longview by 2 Toouchdowns.

I just did some research etc and I believe my source in Mesquite ISD may be a Poteet :homer: . They arent even getting any respect from Dallas Morning News in their area rankings. Horn, however, is. Might be the toughest game Longview plays in district.

Still taking Longview by 2 TDs.

I just did some research etc and I believe my source in Mesquite ISD may be a Poteet :homer: . They arent even getting any respect from Dallas Morning News in their area rankings. Horn, however, is. Might be the toughest game Longview plays in district.

Still taking Longview by 2 TDs.

He must be, Horn or North are the best Mesquite schools IMO. That game will be a shoot out.

la de da Go Lobos Go la de da.

Really miss the 4A district. At least we had some talk going about the game (despite how annoying it could be at some points).

I agree....seems like everyone has dropped off the face of the earth. 5A talk on this board was down already...even before our 2 year stint in 4A.

Talked to some players last night...Horn is very athletic and they've prepared very hard for this game. Definitely not taking them lightly. As King said in today's paper, Horn has had some great athletes in the past but used to play really dumb football. Now they are well coached and will be ready to go tonight.

As a Longview supporter I'm pretty nervous about this game to be honest.

They have an all-purpose back that can run like the wind. They like to get it to him on the bubble screens and they ran about 300 of them last night in the freshman and JV games with some success. They execute what they want to do really well on offense. If the backup quarterback has to play tonight (which he probably will), they'll run even more of those because he isn't quite as mobile as the other guy and as a freshman is not a great downfield thrower under pressure, which Longview will put him. The defensive backs will have to be wary of the deep wheel route off of the fake screen and make sure to keep their assignments.

Defensively, the alignment they run is sometimes tough to read at the snap for blocking schemes, although teams have had success running the ball on them this year. With the way they lined up against the I formation in freshman games, the fullback dive on the triple option attack killed their defense because their DT was getting walled off and the end was cutting out wide. I'm sure their varsity will be mixing up the alignments more on us than their freshmen did.