Mesquite Horn v.s Longview

lobo09

Talked to some players last night...Horn is very athletic and they've prepared very hard for this game. Definitely not taking them lightly. As King said in today's paper, Horn has had some great athletes in the past but used to play really dumb football. Now they are well coached and will be ready to go tonight.

As a Longview supporter I'm pretty nervous about this game to be honest.

They have an all-purpose back that can run like the wind. They like to get it to him on the bubble screens and they ran about 300 of them last night in the freshman and JV games with some success. They execute what they want to do really well on offense. If the backup quarterback has to play tonight (which he probably will), they'll run even more of those because he isn't quite as mobile as the other guy and as a freshman is not a great downfield thrower under pressure, which Longview will put him. The defensive backs will have to be wary of the deep wheel route off of the fake screen and make sure to keep their assignments.

Defensively, the alignment they run is sometimes tough to read at the snap for blocking schemes, although teams have had success running the ball on them this year. With the way they lined up against the I formation in freshman games, the fullback dive on the triple option attack killed their defense because their DT was getting walled off and the end was cutting out wide. I'm sure their varsity will be mixing up the alignments more on us than their freshmen did.

good i'd much rather be challenged than see a blowout.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally a drive.

1st and 10 Longview at the Horn 15.

Clock running extremely fast it seems.

TOUCHDOWNNNNNN LOBOS!

Faggins!

15 yard run.