1. 1. Will they be good this year?

• Done
    • Not done
    • Whos the Cowboys?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Romo has all the ability and talent, but that's where it ends. Aikman had that and leadership skills.

How can Aikman's leadership be quantified other than anything beyond his play that led to victories? After all, Aikman was terrible for three years and basically had his job handed away to two other quarterbacks before '92, where he was still largely unknown (and considered a bust).

In point of fact, Aikman's 'leadership' can only be derived by his play from that year on, where his abilities synced with Norv Turner's version of the Coryell offense. Aikman's leadership didn't seem to balance any scales during the late 90's, where I think we can all agree our offensive and defensive talent had been ransacked by other teams and depleted.

Leadership is only described as SB appearances. Trade for Rex Grossman and Kerry Collins!

How can Aikman's leadership be quantified other than anything beyond his play that led to victories? After all, Aikman was terrible for three years and basically had his job handed away to two other quarterbacks before '92, where he was still largely unknown (and considered a bust).

In point of fact, Aikman's 'leadership' can only be derived by his play from that year on, where his abilities synced with Norv Turner's version of the Coryell offense. Aikman's leadership didn't seem to balance any scales during the late 90's, where I think we can all agree our offensive and defensive talent had been ransacked by other teams and depleted.

Leadership is only described as SB appearances. Trade for Rex Grossman and Kerry Collins!

i agree..IMO honestly the "leadership" angle is overrated and overused in ALL of sports

Most people call it intangable, some might call it charisma. As far as Aikman and the late 90's are concerned, the Cowboys had declined considerably in talent, Aikman as well. Emmitt was on the downside and Irvin took that bad tumble in philly. Match that with the poor drafts Jerry orchestrated and you have a team going nowhere.

Aikman took the Cowboys over the top after 4 years. Romo surpassed that timeframe before this season started and they're 1 and 4. When you're top 5 in offense AND top 5 in defense and your still losing there's only two ways to look at it. Coaching or leadership

Aikman took the Cowboys over the top after 4 years. Romo surpassed that timeframe before this season started and they're 1 and 4. When you're top 5 in offense AND top 5 in defense and your still losing there's only two ways to look at it. Coaching or leadership

Their careers can't be compared accurately this way (in the same way that Staubach and Aikman can't be compared in this manner). The Cowboys may be top 5 in offense, but they've not had the defense to go with it, and they've lacked the major component that Aikman's teams (and Staubach's) did not - passing defense. They've been a great run stuffing team, but they've been no better than 14th (last year) in defensive passer rating. Aikman and Staubach won because they just had better teams.

I don't think anyone knows what leadership is. I see a lot of people looking for excuses to not have a player or coach on here. Comparing one player's leadership skills to another is just opinion and holds no water. Players differ from styles to era and teammates. It's really funny how people hold onto the past and think that is the only way to go or you fail.

Turn out the lights....

Now THAT'S a stroll down memory lane. Dandy Don and MNF. One Monday night long ago a friend called and told me that Don Meredith was going to dedicate "turn out the lights" to his [my friend's] dad that night. I said "yeah, right" When the game clock ran down - I'll be doggone it - he did do exactly that.

They aren't going to do very well this year. Sorry cowboys fans. Maybe next year..

BREAKING NEWS....

A tornado warning has just been issued for Arlington, Texas. Authorities are advising Arlington and area residents to immediately assemble at Cowboys Stadium. There's not a chance of a touchdown at that location.

Lol.. True True.

BREAKING NEWS....

A tornado warning has just been issued for Arlington, Texas. Authorities are advising Arlington and area residents to immediately assemble at Cowboys Stadium. There's not a chance of a touchdown at that location.

Put a goaline around your house!