Tatum @ New Diana

Eagleborn

Well, let's think about it... ( and all of Daingerfield will just love this ) Tatum was able to rotate lots of kids against a team ( I won't say which one ) that beat the 2 time defending 2A state champs to keep fresh kids in the game. So no, when the playoffs come, we will still be rotating, nice to have that kind of depth huh?.. .wait, y'all don't know nothin bout that... lol

Whatever you say SuperDave. I hope when yall play us, you rotate Allen, Woodard and Fite out of the game. Somehow though, I don't see that happening.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let's think about it... ( and all of Daingerfield will just love this ) Tatum was able to rotate lots of kids against a team ( I won't say which one ) that beat the 2 time defending 2A state champs to keep fresh kids in the game. So no, when the playoffs come, we will still be rotating, nice to have that kind of depth huh?.. .wait, y'all don't know nothin bout that... lol

That is what I have been trying to explain to people about our depth. Most teams just wished they had the players we had rotating in for our starters. We just have to many horses in the stall and all can not be starters. Nice problem to have.

Tatum has solid depth on both sides of the ball. Woodard and Allen have a stable behind them at RB. Stone has plenty of linemen behind him if he needs a breather. Fite has several WRs that can step in for him. Those 4 players are the ones that start both ways.

I can't believe it's been 25 years since these two teams played. I still Remember it though ... And some fine young men who played for coach Conways Tatum Eagles.

5 Larry Centers

6 Darrell Horton

7 David Kirkland

9 Dewayne Hull

11 Chris Prine

21 Larry Horton

27 Reggie Centers

32 Rodney Horton

33 Harold Whittaker

35 Greg Freeney

42 Earington Mumphrey

50 Chris Oberthier

52 Joey Sanders

54 Soloman Luna

60 Shane Hooten

61 Gary Croft

62 Johnny Watt

72 Kevin Summerlin

73 Brad Reimer

74 Byron Henry

75 Robin Liles

82 Reggie Harris

83 Alex Granada

84 Bryan Sipes

I was on the field for that '85 game & the Larry & Larry show was something to see even for opponents.

Tatum always has athletes. ND just occasionally has that kind of player over the years of which Tatum seems to have 7 of every year. This one will get ugly quick with the team speed of the green eagles.

I'm a bit worried about this game. I'm worried our boys will go out overconfident, Diana gets a jump on em, bursts their bubble and it is playing catch-up with a lot of mistakes after that. It can happen. I hope the Tatum boys get out there and play like the championship is at stake every game from now on, because it is.

I know I'm a little late to this party, but I remember the 84 game very well. It was a great game to be a part of.

Harold Whittaker took the hand off from the ND QB and ran it about 50 yards for a score that put us ahead. On the last play of the game the ND QB was hit while throwing and Tatum intercepted to put it away. That game was every bit as good as the Farmersville game a couple of years ago.

For all that don't know, #83 died last year wile serving his country in Afghanistan. Alex was a good man and a great American. I am very proud to have known him.

I can't believe it's been 25 years since these two teams played. I still Remember it though ... And some fine young men who played for coach Conways Tatum Eagles.

5 Larry Centers

6 Darrell Horton

7 David Kirkland

9 Dewayne Hull

11 Chris Prine

21 Larry Horton

27 Reggie Centers

32 Rodney Horton

33 Harold Whittaker

35 Greg Freeney

42 Earington Mumphrey

50 Chris Oberthier

52 Joey Sanders

54 Soloman Luna

60 Shane Hooten

61 Gary Croft

62 Johnny Watt

72 Kevin Summerlin

73 Brad Reimer

74 Byron Henry

75 Robin Liles

82 Reggie Harris

83 Alex Granada

84 Bryan Sipes

Yep. It's been slow the last few weeks for us both. Good thing we got each other huh?

I feel like someone just put Sonney and Cher on the jukebox "I got you babe!". We may have to take revoke your man card for that statement. :hug: