Longview v.s North Mesquite

lobo09

I agree. I wanted to be back in 5A, however, I admit I was spoiled by the short travel distances, game atmosphere's and fan participation.

Although I did not partake in most of the forum banter, I enjoyed reading and keeping up. It made the week go by a little faster.

The Longview vs Waxahachie game was one to remember... I would pay double to see another one like that as well. Now that I think about it there are several that I would like to see over. Midway 08, Guyer both years to mention a couple.

short travel? sulphur springs, t high are just about the same as going to mesquite. I thnk the drive to mesquite is even better than those drives. I guess if the PT game had been in town it would have made a difference but the ridiculous decision to play in tyler was made. this district just is not competitive. as far as competition is has 3 decent teams in horn, desoto and longview. Its just those teams dont have good fan support. I do think it is pathetic when you go to the games at NM, horn, and mesquite and see about 5 people in the home stands. Although it seemed horn brought and ok crowd to Longview. that is sad to me. I wonder what kind of crowd desoto will have at home.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure no one has forgot what a big bruising back can do....(Pflugerville still stings) It will take a pack to bring him down. I have faith in the Lobo defense.

I only hope the offense plays with better intensity.

Good luck Lobos. Keep that district streak alive.

big difference in one bruising back and 3 like p-ville had. those guys were monsters and I think the lobo d was intimidated that day.

short travel? sulphur springs, t high are just about the same as going to mesquite. I thnk the drive to mesquite is even better than those drives. I guess if the PT game had been in town it would have made a difference but the ridiculous decision to play in tyler was made. this district just is not competitive. as far as competition is has 3 decent teams in horn, desoto and longview. Its just those teams dont have good fan support. I do think it is pathetic when you go to the games at NM, horn, and mesquite and see about 5 people in the home stands. Although it seemed horn brought and ok crowd to Longview. that is sad to me. I wonder what kind of crowd desoto will have at home.

Desoto will have a crowd. I live there for 20 + years after leaving longview. The atmosphere at the time was much like Longview. The band was krunk. That was then. But this is now!

Longview:

Fan Base everywhere they go -- Impressive!

Chartered Buses everywhere they go -- Impressive!

High School Stadium -- Impressive! (The only high school where the players enter the field from a tunnel like College and Pros.

May not have a ring, but everybody know who Longview is -- Impressive!

Go Lobos Go!

I am sure no one has forgot what a big bruising back can do....(Pflugerville still stings) It will take a pack to bring him down. I have faith in the Lobo defense.

I only hope the offense plays with better intensity.

Good luck Lobos. Keep that district streak alive.

PVille had more than one, and ran them in a system that took advantage of our weak backside defensive end and linebacker that year with all of the counter traps and whatnot they ran. Waxahachie had a big bruising back or two, and after a first quarter of miscues, we shut them down real good. Just hope we can do that again tonight against NMHS.

That is true regarding the THigh game and Sulphur Springs games, but we did not make them in the same year. 08 Sulphur Springs 09 Texas High. The decision to play Pine Tree in Tyler.... well let's not get that started again... I think both schools wish they could have that decision back.

I think the 4a district we were in the last two years, especially in 08 was far more competitive than this 5A district. Longview would have dominanted any district they were in 4a or 5a in 08 & 09... look at the talent they had.

Horn brought the most fans I have seen since we have been in the district with the Mesquite schools.

Go Lobos!!!!!

Longview's freshmen had 27 penalties called on them last night in a 40-minute game at North Mesquite.

North Mesquite's head coach called Coach King either this morning or last night and apologized for how bad the officials were. Even he thought they were being horribly one-sided and didn't think it was right for them to be calling the game like that

Just before anyone uses it as an excuse tonight I really don't think the varsity officials will be that way at all...usually the lower-leveled games are played with a bit of one-sided officiating as the same crew typically does all the home games for one team.

Longview's freshmen had 27 penalties called on them last night in a 40-minute game at North Mesquite.

North Mesquite's head coach called Coach King either this morning or last night and apologized for how bad the officials were. Even he thought they were being horribly one-sided and didn't think it was right for them to be calling the game like that

Just before anyone uses it as an excuse tonight I really don't think the varsity officials will be that way at all...usually the lower-leveled games are played with a bit of one-sided officiating as the same crew typically does all the home games for one team.

They're pretty bad so far...

Bergeron runs all the way down to the 26 yard-line.

Looks like this one is over barring a turnover. 1:50 left.

2nd and 10 coming up after a run for no gain, clock still rolling will be under one minute by the next snap.

North Mesquite inexplicably calls timeout with 50 seconds left.

Game is over, by the way.

Coach King just basically warned the rest of the district to get their shots in now with all the sophomores Longview started tonight because games like this aren't going to be happening again for a long time. Lobos started five sophomores on defense tonight due to injuries and they just wore down late. Offense had some guys on the line dinged up as well.

Game is over, by the way.

Coach King just basically warned the rest of the district to get their shots in now with all the sophomores Longview started tonight because games like this aren't going to be happening again for a long time. Lobos started five sophomores on defense tonight due to injuries and they just wore down late. Offense had some guys on the line dinged up as well.

Didn't know that about the injuries on defense. I knew a few people got hurt last week on the line.

Offers some consolation, but not much. The only thing that will is winning out in the regular season and then having an okay playoff run.

Great come from behind win tonight for the stallions. Longview will still be tough. Desoto also lost tonight to Horn. This district just got thrown for a loop. Anyone see little Horrace Borders truck the kid in on the way to the endzone? I do have one question. Why did Longview get away from running with #7? That kid was killing us. good luck to the Lobo's the rest of the way!