Longview v.s North Mesquite

lobo09

Great come from behind win tonight for the stallions. Longview will still be tough. Desoto also lost tonight to Horn. This district just got thrown for a loop. Anyone see little Horrace Borders truck the kid in on the way to the endzone? I do have one question. Why did Longview get away from running with #7? That kid was killing us. good luck to the Lobo's the rest of the way!

I was not there, but it sounded like NMHS keyed in on him, which is why the fullback and QB got a lot of carries. Who knows. Didn't know DeSoto lost to Horn. This district could go crazy.

Longview has to beat Lee first and foremost. If they do, they're in the playoffs, I'm pretty sure.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not there, but it sounded like NMHS keyed in on him, which is why the fullback and QB got a lot of carries. Who knows. Didn't know DeSoto lost to Horn. This district could go crazy.

Longview has to beat Lee first and foremost. If they do, they're in the playoffs, I'm pretty sure.

That was a my bad on the horn game. They are still playing. Had a huge fight that had to be broken up. Cleared both teams off the field and now desoto is winning 61-47 with 4 minutes still left

Great come from behind win tonight for the stallions. Longview will still be tough. Desoto also lost tonight to Horn. This district just got thrown for a loop. Anyone see little Horrace Borders truck the kid in on the way to the endzone? I do have one question. Why did Longview get away from running with #7? That kid was killing us. good luck to the Lobo's the rest of the way!

That :censored: happens every week. The kid is JHaston Faggans. He does great in keeping the drive alive, then it starts turning in to the "Petey" show. :sleeping:

The Lobo offense is based on showcasing the QB...and not in a good way. They could care less if they could hit the broad side of a barn with a pass. They want the QB running as much as possible even if it means taking a loss. "Tailback High" has turned into "look at my running QB".

One thing that continues to haunt the Lobos is penalties - almost a hundred yards worth last night.

Wait untill next week against Lee then... you havnt seen penalties. I dont know what the numbers are ... but Lee has to lead the country in penalties. I have never seen a Lee team with so many penalties and turnovers in my life. That has been the difference in their season. They have been in every game , coulda woulda shoulda.. but just keep shooting themselves in the foot. Throw away the records... Lee amd LV will be a good one.

so this game has the potential to be played backwards...could be fun.

Wait untill next week against Lee then... you havnt seen penalties. I dont know what the numbers are ... but Lee has to lead the country in penalties. I have never seen a Lee team with so many penalties and turnovers in my life. That has been the difference in their season. They have been in every game , coulda woulda shoulda.. but just keep shooting themselves in the foot. Throw away the records... Lee amd LV will be a good one.

Longview continues to put them in a hole when the offense cannot move the ball down the field and score. Longview should by now know how to approach a game with the defense playing 7 to 8 men in the box. Play calling has to improve. This lost is squarely on the shoulders of the Coach. Every defense knows when #7 is in the game 9 times out of 10 he is going to get the ball. When he is not in the game 9 times out of 10 the QB is run the ball. Longview need a high percentage pass play out of the "I". If they are going to be in the shotgun, instead of a 1 back set, have a 2 back set on each side of the QB. The worst thing Longview does is make them one dimensional. I am just saying what I observe base upon attending all the games and what I know about the team. I am just a fan and not a coach. I have not idea what I am saying.

Longview moved #17 to running back from QB and will not give him the ball. Why did they do this? Image a 6'1 200lb QB who has been successful at this position not able to contribute to the team beyond blocking for running backs and special teams. It makes you go HUM!

By the way, I am not related to #17. I have had the privilege of being an advocate fan of Longview over the years. When I see something that is blatantly obvious, it makes you go HUM!

The Lobo offense is based on showcasing the QB...and not in a good way. They could care less if they could hit the broad side of a barn with a pass. They want the QB running as much as possible even if it means taking a loss. "Tailback High" has turned into "look at my running QB".

Averaging around 28 a game isn't going to get it against Desoto.......

Longview still hasn't really found an offensive identity after losing so many great players last year. They have the talent but I'm not sure Petey is the best option at quarterback...we could use his athletic ability at receiver and if we're going to run an option look Petey hasn't really been able to read it well most of the year.

And I agree about the playcalling...I've been watching Longview play for several years under King and can pretty much predict what the play is going to be before they even line up by just looking at the personnel and the down/distance. They don't mix their plays up enough within a given personnel package and the defense can pretty much key on one or two plays.

Longview continues to put them in a hole when the offense cannot move the ball down the field and score. Longview should by now know how to approach a game with the defense playing 7 to 8 men in the box. Play calling has to improve. This lost is squarely on the shoulders of the Coach. Every defense knows when #7 is in the game 9 times out of 10 he is going to get the ball. When he is not in the game 9 times out of 10 the QB is run the ball. Longview need a high percentage pass play out of the "I". If they are going to be in the shotgun, instead of a 1 back set, have a 2 back set on each side of the QB. The worst thing Longview does is make them one dimensional. I am just saying what I observe base upon attending all the games and what I know about the team. I am just a fan and not a coach. I have not idea what I am saying.

Longview moved #17 to running back from QB and will not give him the ball. Why did they do this? Image a 6'1 200lb QB who has been successful at this position not able to contribute to the team beyond blocking for running backs and special teams. It makes you go HUM!

By the way, I am not related to #17. I have had the privilege of being an advocate fan of Longview over the years. When I see something that is blatantly obvious, it makes you go HUM!

I have to totally agree with you big bull about the wilson kid(#17). i have said that a couple of times this year why put a kid who has not played QB in over 2 years in there when you have a big kid with the ability that has been playing there for the past 3 years. makes not sense. one thing is for sure it aint gonna change now. this offense is moving backwards and not forwards. we all see the ability and talent is there but something is very wrong. Horn had the whole defense in the box and from what it sounds like NM did too and we cant successfully pass the ball. makes no sense. i am like you not a coach and dont know what i am talking about. I just dont understand what the coaches are trying to do.

Once again, like all season, not surprised. The O has been poor all year. Penalties, fumbles, etc... and a one dimensional offense wont win us a 5A championship.

you are turning out to be very right about this team. the defense is good enough but the o is just not that good. I keep waiting for them to have a breakout game and it just isnt happening. on the bright side I watch closely all the teams in our region and dont see anyone who is that much better than the others in our region. I still think we have a good shot at going at least 3 rounds deep if we can get everyone on defense healthy. It is very difficult to go to the games and suffer through watching this offense though.

I've said this all year...Peter is not the answer at QB, this is just my opinion so no one get mad, but he is more about himself than about the team. I would rather have the junior or the sophomore at QB and peter playing WR or something on defense. But I think EVERYONE knows there is not any chance that they will move him from QB. This team just doesn't have the right mentality, defense has been great, even better than stats would show (which is still pretty good) but when our O isn't helping them there is only so much they can do

I've said this all year...Peter is not the answer at QB, this is just my opinion so no one get mad, but he is more about himself than about the team. I would rather have the junior or the sophomore at QB and peter playing WR or something on defense. But I think EVERYONE knows there is not any chance that they will move him from QB. This team just doesn't have the right mentality, defense has been great, even better than stats would show (which is still pretty good) but when our O isn't helping them there is only so much they can do

I have to agree with you a little but he did have 144 yds rushing last night.

Great job by NM. Loblos had it coming. Five loss teams can win a state title though. Ask Atlanta how they did it. Lobo qb looked good to me. He and the so-called young defense is not the problem with that team. Everyone in Lobo nation should just calm down and get a proper grip on things because the season is not lost.

Great job by NM. Loblos had it coming. Five loss teams can win a state title though. Ask Atlanta how they did it. Lobo qb looked good to me. He and the so-called young defense is not the problem with that team. Everyone in Lobo nation should just calm down and get a proper grip on things because the season is not lost.

I hate to say but we very well could lose these last two games and not even make the playoffs. The way this offense is playing i dont feel confident about beating anyone right now. this north mesquite game was alot more important than I gave it credit for because Lee can and might beat us and you dont want your season coming down to a team like desoto on the road.

Petey Robinson isnt a QB. Good athlete though. Needs to be a RB or WR. Longviews one dimensional offense and terrible play calling is as bad as I've seen it in recent years.

After 35 years of Lobo football, I have a proper grip.

Petey Robinson isnt a QB. Good athlete though. Needs to be a RB or WR. Longviews one dimensional offense and terrible play calling is as bad as I've seen it in recent years.

After 35 years of Lobo football, I have a proper grip.

I really think tha playcalling has alot to do with it. I mean when teams hav the entire defense in the box and you keep running it up the gut that is just frustrating. That are inconsistent too. Nthe playcalling in lufkin and Abilene games were much better.

Everyone admits the talent is definitely there....but the results aren't, id say the drop off this season is a testament to how good all those coaches we lost this summer are

the only big name we lost was barry and the defense is still holding its own...but maybe the difference in play calling is the fact that baugh is gone. i think baugh called the plays on offense.

anyways... we had around 380 yds total offense(100 more yds than nm) and that is not bad and you should be able to win most games when you rush for 313 yards. that is what is very frustrating to me. The qb and coaches that are gone are not he problem...penalties and turnovers are ruining this offense.

the only big name we lost was barry and the defense is still holding its own...but maybe the difference in play calling is the fact that baugh is gone. i think baugh called the plays on offense.

anyways... we had around 380 yds total offense(100 more yds than nm) and that is not bad and you should be able to win most games when you rush for 313 yards. that is what is very frustrating to me. The qb and coaches that are gone are not he problem...penalties and turnovers are ruining this offense.

I wasn't saying losing the coaches is only a reflection of the points being scored......penalties and turnovers can also be a reflection of losing coaches, Example: false starts, holding on the offensive line (lost O-line Coach Smith), I'm not saying the only reason this team is playing well is due to the coaches leaving, but I think that losing about half the coaches over the summer definitely had an impact on the team.