201 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Daingerfield
    • Tatum

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen both teams this year and I would say Tatum by 17-21 points.

Tatum has too much size and speed for Daingerfield to handle. DF is fast, but size and speed will win the day in this match-up. Tatum is also a lot deeper at most every position than Daingerfield and their running game will overpower Daingerfield's defense ... in my opinion.

I know teams matchup differently, so it's not a true measuring stick, but based on their common opponent the Gilmer Buckeyes, I would say you have to give the nod to Tatum. I haven't seen either team play, but that's about the only measuring stick you have. Tradition and History are great, but don't have as much effect on the game as talent and coaching.

Just my two cents.

DF just is not strong enough at RB this year to handle Tatum at this point. All the great years had one superior back and capable back ups. Just average right now but still good enough to beat everyone else when it counts........playoffs.

This is not the year to try and predict football games, HS, College or Pros. Lot of weird stuff happening. I think one or both of these teams will not be in the finals. Does not mean they are not the best two teams in Div. 1 just a lot of football left to be played. Your money is better off left in your pocket.

If they meet, should be a great matchup. Could be a test for #1 for Dfield stopping Tatum's running game, and if the game happens, I know #1 will look forward to the challenge.

For us Northeast Texans, we can only hope Mansfield is calling for these two teams, and the game before them that same day, 2 more Northeast Texas teams also.

I have seen both teams this year and I would say DField by 17-21 points.

DField has too much speed for Tatum to handle. Tatum is fast, but speed will win the game in this match-up. DField can burn you in the air or on the ground, experience in the big game with Boyd running the show, makes all the difference in this one...that and possible the best defense in any classification, puts the Blue Tigers on top...in my opinion.

I have seen both teams this year and I would say DField by 17-21 points.

DField has too much speed for Tatum to handle. Tatum is fast, but speed will win the game in this match-up. DField can burn you in the air or on the ground, experience in the big game with Boyd running the show, makes all the difference in this one...that and possible the best defense in any classification, puts the Blue Tigers on top...in my opinion.

You obviously haven't seen Tatum, they have as much or more speed than Daingerfield. Tatum can run or throw the football, but the size and strength difference is huge. They will run the ball at will against Daingerfield just like they did against Gilmer. Daingerfield's lack of size really showed up against Gilmer and they were manhandled despite their speed. They are up against even more size and speed than they faced against Gilmer when they play Tatum.

This thread has enough "yellow" tape wrapped around it to make everone stay away from it, but at the same time has enough curb appeal to make us stand at the caution tape to see whats going on. Two amazing programs and both of them have played in the last four 2A(5 if you count 3A in 05) state title games "combined", winning 4 of them and losing one in over time by 3. The common denominator would be Gilmer game.....Tatum 47 Gilmer 41, Gilmer 39 Daingerfield 18. But different teams measure up differently.

You obviously haven't seen Tatum, they have as much or more speed than Daingerfield. Tatum can run or throw the football, but the size and strength difference is huge. They will run the ball at will against Daingerfield just like they did against Gilmer. Daingerfield's lack of size really showed up against Gilmer and they were manhandled despite their speed. They are up against even more size and speed than they faced against Gilmer when they play Tatum.

I have seen Tatum, they're alright. IF this game happens and IF Tatum beats D'Field, then and only then will I agree with the rest of your assesment of this matchup. The head to head against Gilmer gives you a whole lot more confidence in Tatum "manhandling" D'Field than it does me........Saying you can beat 2 time defending champs DField and doing it are two completley different animals, many have claimed they could, ONLY Gilmer has.

It would be very high on my list of playoff games to watch!!!

I voted for Tatum, that being said I went against what my heart told me when i voted. Really to close to call

You went against your heart and with your brain? That is generally the smartest way to pick. I'll refrain from commenting until sometime in the near future....... the only thing I'll say is........

I really hope this game happens along with WR and L-K... .would be great for East Texas.

Man what are you on? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but c'mon man. I find it hard to believe Tatum is bigger and faster than Daingerfield, no scratch that.....i know better. Now depth i will give you that, it has been a problem for us all year. If you guys hang your hat on the Gilmer games you will be in for a surprise if these two teams do play. You can throw all that mess out the window, both teams know it will be a dog fight if it happens, but until somebody proves me wrong i still say the Tigers are THE team in 2a.

I have to know, does Gilmer have more size than Daingerfield? If so, I'll be really suprised because I thought Gilmer was very small. When Eagle8 and I went and watched Gilmer scrimmage White House, the varsity walked out and I thought it was their JV.

IF this game happened and both teams were completely healthy I'd take Daingerfield by 1 point. You can compare the two gilmer games all you want but my gut and heart both tell me that if D-Field gets back to the state championship at full strength they will not allow themselves to lose