Elkhart at Crockett

NewBallCoach

John Adair has done a great job. He deserves to win. Just not this week.

i agree,with you et sports elkhart surprised me last friday night and seem to be getting bettter week by week.crockett has too much talent and just dont think the elks can beat them.i dont see them losing until the playoffs.

I know Elkhart doesn't have the tradition or the athletes that Crockett has.

But I think Elkhart will surprise some people this week and it will be closer than people think.

Don't think they'll win or even lose by one touchdown but Elkhart has heart and I think they'll put up a good fight.

I know people that read this will think I'm crazy but Elkhart improves each week and they play 'til the whistle blows.

Adair has them buying in more and more each week. Like I said I don't think they'll win but I think the first half be closer than expected and these are High School athletes and if Crockett has an off game they may even keep it close a little longer.

I know Elkhart doesn't have the tradition or the athletes that Crockett has.

But I think Elkhart will surprise some people this week and it will be closer than people think.

Don't think they'll win or even lose by one touchdown but Elkhart has heart and I think they'll put up a good fight.

I know people that read this will think I'm crazy but Elkhart improves each week and they play 'til the whistle blows.

Adair has them buying in more and more each week. Like I said I don't think they'll win but I think the first half be closer than expected and these are High School athletes and if Crockett has an off game they may even keep it close a little longer.

Elkhart hasn't taken steps forward. They have taken leaps and bounds. The players and community have bought into Adairs program, and they will become a force to be reckoned with. I think they should have beaten Teague and taken the third spot in the playoffs, but they didn't and will come in a close fourth.

Elkhart will give more of a fight than most expect, but Crockett is playing very very well right now. The held the Teague team that just beat Elkhart to -1 total yards. They rang up 40 on Troup before halftime. Maybe they won't hit 40 by the half, but I don't feel like this one will be close at all.

Elkhart's time to shine is coming, and after all of these down years it is much deserved.

The Elks time to shine may be coming, but it will not be this week. Coach Parsons and staff have done a great job, in using what is basically the 4th string QB in the first 2 district games. The original first string guy who was injured in a scrimmage may be back? And maybe the 3rd string player who piled up 960 yards running at over 15 yards per carry in the first 5 games. The Parsons defense except for giving up 42 in a one point loss to 3A Coldspring, is averaging giving up less than 10 points per game. Coldspring is 7-1 with their only loss to Kirbyville. This Crockett defense is just as good as any that were coached by the prior DC in the Smurf hat in the last 5-6 years.

Yes Crockett is good, fast and mean and have twice as many players(expected with a BIG 3A team dropping to 2A) but these Elkhart boys will give everything they have the whole game. These boys boys and coaches deserve all the respect in the world for what they have already accomplished this year. This district is very strong and talented and they have held there own.

Yes Coach Parson has done a good job this year with defense and the OC has stepped his game up this year also.But at this time of the game its hard to call Smith the 4th string QB when he has led the DOGS to 100 points in 2 games. Most coaches would love to have the depth that CKT has and will have alot of them back next year. Oh by they way has any one noticed that discipline is much better this year. Keep up the good work.

The Elks time to shine may be coming, but it will not be this week. Coach Parsons and staff have done a great job, in using what is basically the 4th string QB in the first 2 district games. The original first string guy who was injured in a scrimmage may be back? And maybe the 3rd string player who piled up 960 yards running at over 15 yards per carry in the first 5 games. The Parsons defense except for giving up 42 in a one point loss to 3A Coldspring, is averaging giving up less than 10 points per game. Coldspring is 7-1 with their only loss to Kirbyville. This Crockett defense is just as good as any that were coached by the prior DC in the Smurf hat in the last 5-6 years.

You are right Dogs84, don't see near the unsportsmanlike calls as in past. You are correct on the QB call, with success he has had, will be hard to take him out of that position. Last time Crockett played Elkhart, in mid 90's? Score was 50 something to 0. Parsons will call off the Dogs before it gets to this. But with the talk coming from the Elks, may expect them to put some points on the board.

Yes Crockett is good, fast and mean and have twice as many players(expected with a BIG 3A team dropping to 2A) but these Elkhart boys will give everything they have the whole game. These boys boys and coaches deserve all the respect in the world for what they have already accomplished this year. This district is very strong and talented and they have held there own.

If crockett was a "BIG" 3a they wouldnt have dropped to 2a.