Cars you wish you had back

RonSwanson

When I was a teenager I had a 1955 Chevy two door hard top. Roll pleated interior(white and green) No dents.....283 engine....sharp car......I didn't know how to take care of a vehicle so I carried it to the river a few times, put a few dents in it and basically trashed it out....should have been flogged!......wish I had it back like I first found it......any you wish you had back?

Two of the best cars I ever had was my '76 Toyota Celica and then a '93 Dodge Stealth. I could fix the Celica with ease, and she could run. The Stealth was a pleasure to own. We only had to make two minor repairs with the Stealth, but she had quiet speed. I wish we would have kept her, but we felt that parts would be hard to find like other cars that they stop producing.

I had two that I wish I had back. I had a 1969 Camaro SS with huge 50 series rear tires and a highly modified 350 engine with a muncie 4 spd.The other was a 1981 turbo Trans Am limited edition Recaro T/A. I loved them both

That would be 2 of 'em...

1) My first truck - a Ford 1 ton dually standard, single cab.... I've never seen a paint job on a truck like that one was... good grief almighty, that sucker would rip the road... then hubby's 1 ton work truck went to heck in a handbag, so I got a car, and he took my "blessed" bed off that truck and used it - I must have been INSANE!!!!!!

2) My vette. I always got this "when ya gonna take me for a ride".... in your dreams... then I met hubby.....whole other story.....do you know what happens when 2 girls are storming down I-20 toward the races and your T-top comes flying off? LOL!!!!!!

Then he came home and asks... where's the vette and who's here? Oh, that's my new ride.......LOL! YOU TRADED IN THE VETTE... uh, yeah....YOU DID WHAT??????? LOL! After about 5 or 6 of trading vehicles, he knew when he drove up and what was there that morning wasn't there and something else was, I'd been trading.....

Dad always said, you're either trading in places to live, cars and trucks or boyfriends... I prefer you trade in the last one...

A very nice 1970 Charger R/T SE, 440 and auto. Leather seats, Hemi orange (red), black vinyl top. Newly married, when gas got up to $0.68 I thought I could no longer afford to feed it. Two trades later me and the wife were on a scorching hot new GS1100 E Suzuki. I miss the car and the bike, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a 2005 Mustang that the ex ended up with. That was probably one of my favorites. Well it was hers really anyway. I had just traded in my Jeep for a decked out Durango that she said she wanted. Man that Jeep was nice too! That was my second one and the first was nice, just didn't have the power the second one had. Then my very first car, a Fiero! My dad bought it for me on my 16 birthday! Stupid thing broke down on me all the time but I had alot of good memories in that car!

85 Buik Regal Grand National. 70 olds 442. The 442 mainly because I could make a killing on it today. White interior. Green with white accents on the exterior. The Regal all Black, Johnny Cash should have owned one.

Johnny Cash car was a 49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59 automobile

It's a 60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,70 automobile

He got it one piece at a time and it didn't cost him a dime.....lol

Love me some Johnny Cash! Yes sir!

Johnny Cash car was a 49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59 automobile

It's a 60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,70 automobile

He got it one piece at a time and it didn't cost him a dime.....lol

Love me some Johnny Cash! Yes sir!

The only problem with Johnny's Caddy it looked like the family truckster from Vacation.

• 2 months later...

Wish I had kept a 69 Camaro I traded for... it was in need of a lot of work but it would be worth some money today. I let a guy talk me into trading it for a Dodge Power Wagon that I later sold for $400 piddly dollars because I was out of work. I had an 82 GMC Sierra Classic Short Wide that I would love to have today... sold the truck after we had the first child. Sold it locally and the guy that bought it to destroyed it... made me sick every time I would see it in that beat up condition.

• 3 weeks later...

Got to add another vehicle to this list due to an unforseen accident last wednesday evening. On my way home from work a very nice Christian lady from Center Texas fell asleep and crossed into my lane and struck my 1995 Ford F 150 flareside ,causing $3000 worth of damage. Due to the fact that my truck has 240,000+ miles,and 16+ yrs old, i doubt i will repair this vehicle properly. I will likely make it my 'farm-use vehicle' and use it at home for fencing and hunting and simply pocket the money. I'm praising the Lord that neither of us were injured .

• 1 month later...

My old '73 Motor Trend Car of the Year. Monte Carlo Sports Coupe.

Only bad thing was it was made in California, and had smog stuff on it, (which came out as soon as I got out of the service).

That car weighed 2 tons, cruised like a larger car, and still had enough muscle to run. It was loaded with all the options, and was very comfy as well.

After being in two unfortunate accidents, almost back to back, (not my fault) and a bent frame, I sold the thing and pocketed the money from the wrecks for my next downpayment.

Couldn't sell the car, too much damage, but sold the engine for the same price as I asked for the car! Came with a convenient carry home case!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

1970 Ford Torino GT. 351 Cleveland. Auto, P/S, P/B. Bench seat. Retractable headlights. Hood scoop (nonfunctional). Lettered wide ovals. And the laser stripe.

Motor Trend Car of the Year.

Not a particularly fast car. But a very nice driver that the girls thought was just great. Improved my love life appreciably.

Did I mention bench seats?

Best looking.............1966 Pontiac GTO silver with white interior 389 CI Engine

Funnest to drive.............1969 Z28 302 Dark green with white stripes

Wish I still had............lifted 3/4 ton Dodge 4X4 with Cummins

Several motorcycles I wish I had back................

• 6 months later...

Some other great cars:

1. 1966 Ford Mustang - 289 V8, black w/red interior, chrome reverse wheels, dual exhaust

2. 1985 Honda CRXsi - Red, 2 seater, fast & fun to drive, 100,000 miles on factory Michelin tires

3. 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - White w/red interior, big & comfortable, 200,000+ miles