Cars you wish you had back

RonSwanson

QUOTE (HighRollin8s @ Dec 29 2010, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Johnny Cash car was a 49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59 automobile

It's a 60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,70 automobile

He got it one piece at a time and it didn't cost him a dime.....lol

Love me some Johnny Cash! Yes sir!

The only problem with Johnny's Caddy it looked like the family truckster from Vacation.

PSYCHO-BILLY CADILLAC

• 1 year later...

Looking back...MY first car I bought for $600 in 1975...with 75,000 miles on it.....1969 Plymouth GTX....reason....was a "sleeper"..... bought from an 80 year old man that we watched drive this red GTX 15 miles an hour in town for 6 years!!!!!.....when I bought it found out IT HAD A HEMI!!!!!!!!.....then sold it because I wanted a 77 Pontiac Le Mans!!!!!!!......WAS I EVER STUPID!!!!!.....found out there were ONLY 12 cars built in the configuration that I had.....426 HEMI.......4 speed Muncie....4.04 rear end......am/FM radio.....with mopar black out mags....Mickey Thompson H-60 all around.....when I bought it the old guy had 82's on the car with orange steel rims!!!!///but had all 5 of the tires and wheels in the barn!!!!...PUT ALL 5 IN THE TRUNK TO COME HOME!!!!....car was AMAZING......saw one online for sale in Iowa for $200,000. and mine was BETTER LOOKING....Fireball RED...white top.....2 four bbl Carter.....WAS A CHICK MAGNET!!!!!!

Looking back...MY first car I bought for $600 in 1975...with 75,000 miles on it.....1969 Plymouth GTX....reason....was a "sleeper"..... bought from an 80 year old man that we watched drive this red GTX 15 miles an hour in town for 6 years!!!!!.....when I bought it found out IT HAD A HEMI!!!!!!!!.....then sold it because I wanted a 77 Pontiac Le Mans!!!!!!!......WAS I EVER STUPID!!!!!.....found out there were ONLY 12 cars built in the configuration that I had.....426 HEMI.......4 speed Muncie....4.04 rear end......am/FM radio.....with mopar black out mags....Mickey Thompson H-60 all around.....when I bought it the old guy had 82's on the car with orange steel rims!!!!///but had all 5 of the tires and wheels in the barn!!!!...PUT ALL 5 IN THE TRUNK TO COME HOME!!!!....car was AMAZING......saw one online for sale in Iowa for $200,000. and mine was BETTER LOOKING....Fireball RED...white top.....2 four bbl Carter.....WAS A CHICK MAGNET!!!!!!

If you are tired of kicking yourself, I could take a turn!.... How could you DO THAT, MAN???😜

If you are tired of kicking yourself, I could take a turn!.... How could you DO THAT, MAN???

I was 16 and STUPID!!!!!!....If I could do a "do over"....would STILL be driving that car!!!!!!....I did bracket drag that car in Amarillo during that time....Sunday afternoons.....best time was 9.88 157 mph....in the quarter!!!!!....and THAT was with stock exhaust manifold and stock intake......what we could do today!!!!!....might be a 165-170 mph STOCK ride on PUMP GAS!!!!!...."Fifi"......would throw you back with the positrac....sit down and BLOW people away.....in the Panhandle during this time there was NO ONE that could get close in the quarter....now top end...because of the 4.08 rear end....topped out at around 165........but that was MORE THAN FAST ENOUGH FOR ME!!!!!!!!......telephone poles were a blurrrrrrrrrrrr

I was 16 and STUPID!!!!!!....If I could do a "do over"....would STILL be driving that car!!!!!!....I did bracket drag that car in Amarillo during that time....Sunday afternoons.....best time was 9.88 157 mph....in the quarter!!!!!....and THAT was with stock exhaust manifold and stock intake......what we could do today!!!!!....might be a 165-170 mph STOCK ride on PUMP GAS!!!!!...."Fifi"......would throw you back with the positrac....sit down and BLOW people away.....in the Panhandle during this time there was NO ONE that could get close in the quarter....now top end...because of the 4.08 rear end....topped out at around 165........but that was MORE THAN FAST ENOUGH FOR ME!!!!!!!!......telephone poles were a blurrrrrrrrrrrr

I once rode in a DPS car @ 148 mph;( 1976 Plymouth Fury w/ 440cu/in. Police Interceptor package) but THAT is a story in & of itself!!!

I once rode in a DPS car @ 148 mph;( 1976 Plymouth Fury w/ 440cu/in. Police Interceptor package) but THAT is a story in & of itself!!!

YEP.....been there done that.....Trooper Hardin in the Panhandle......Those things would GO!!!!.....went from the Fury to the St Reject(Regent)....car was a BAD replacement.....had a 318.....the car I would LOVE to ride in is the new VETTE trooper cars.....with the L-88

Had a chance to take over the payments on a very low mileage two year old mint condition 1986 Buick Regal Grand National. I think it was the fastest production car made in America at the time. I have seen these bad boys go for big bucks on the Mecum Auto Auctions.

Had a chance to take over the payments on a very low mileage two year old mint condition 1986 Buick Regal Grand National. I think it was the fastest production car made in America at the time. I have seen these bad boys go for big bucks on the Mecum Auto Auctions.

That would have been a sweet ride to own, if you coulda' swung the deal.😏

That would have been a sweet ride to own, if you coulda' swung the deal.

The girl that owned it was a young sergeant that worked for me in Illinois. She has orders to go overseas with her husband and she was just trying to get someone to take over the notes. I almost bought it from her and wished 1000 times since then that I would have ... and kept it!

1986 Grand National Hot

tn_137_1986BuickGrandNational_1229628586

“This automobile is just plain mean, without being the least bit cantankerous. It is the ultimate, traditional, rear wheel drive street cruiser: dark, fat tired, and with an exhaust note that will rattle windows.” Buick sales literature.

• The new 3.8 liter V6 Turbo engine produced almost twice as much horsepower as the normally aspired engine.
  • The Grand National Package cost $558. The total cost for a Buick Grand National in 1986 was $14,349. Just for comparison, a 1986 Corvette cost $27,027 and a 1986 Camaro IROC-Z cost $12,561.
  • This was the most successful to date with more sold in 1986 (5,112) than were sold in both 1984 (2,000) and 1985 (2,102). Word was getting out that Buick was building a real muscle car.
Muscle Car Specifications
Performance Model
1986 Buick Grand National
Engine Used
231ci/235hp
Zero to Sixty
4.9 sec
Quarter Mile
13.9 sec
Muscle Car Comparisons
Muscle Car By Year
Muscle Cars By Make

People were beginning to take notice of the Grand National. The 1986 Buick Grand National was the third production year for the car and Buick made some significant upgrades to the 3.8 liter V6 Turbo engine. The Buick Turbo Engine Group developed an intercooler and a sequential port fuel injection system that noticeably increased both the horsepower and the torque of the Grand National. The 1984 and 1985 Grand National both produced 200 horsepower and 300 lbs-ft of torque. The upgraded engine produced 235 horsepower and 330 lbs-ft of torque.

These increases had a significant impact on performance. Quarter mile times were under fourteen seconds and zero to sixty times of less than five seconds were recorded. The Grand National was faster than the 1986 Corvette, 1986 Camaro, 1986 Firebird and the 1986 Mustang. The car was almost two seconds faster than its corporate cousin, Monte Carlo SS, in the quarter mile. It was the fastest production car made in America in 1986. Customers began to take notice and sales more than doubled to 5,512. More Grand Nationals were built in 1986 than were built in 1984 and 1985 combined.

<p>

The girl that owned it was a young sergeant that worked for me in Illinois. She has orders to go overseas with her husband and she was just trying to get someone to take over the notes. I almost bought it from her and wished 1000 times since then that I would have ... and kept it!

1986 Grand National Hot

tn_137_1986BuickGrandNational_1229628586

This automobile is just plain mean, without being the least bit cantankerous. It is the ultimate, traditional, rear wheel drive street cruiser: dark, fat tired, and with an exhaust note that will rattle windows. Buick sales literature.

• The new 3.8 liter V6 Turbo engine produced almost twice as much horsepower as the normally aspired engine.
  • The Grand National Package cost $558. The total cost for a Buick Grand National in 1986 was $14,349. Just for comparison, a 1986 Corvette cost $27,027 and a 1986 Camaro IROC-Z cost $12,561.
  • This was the most successful to date with more sold in 1986 (5,112) than were sold in both 1984 (2,000) and 1985 (2,102). Word was getting out that Buick was building a real muscle car.

Muscle Car Specifications

Performance Model

1986 Buick Grand National

Engine Used

231ci/235hp

Zero to Sixty

4.9 sec

Quarter Mile

13.9 sec

Muscle Car Comparisons

Muscle Car By Year

1986 Muscle Cars

Muscle Cars By Make

Buick Muscle Cars

People were beginning to take notice of the Grand National. The 1986 Buick Grand National was the third production year for the car and Buick made some significant upgrades to the 3.8 liter V6 Turbo engine. The Buick Turbo Engine Group developed an intercooler and a sequential port fuel injection system that noticeably increased both the horsepower and the torque of the Grand National. The 1984 and 1985 Grand National both produced 200 horsepower and 300 lbs-ft of torque. The upgraded engine produced 235 horsepower and 330 lbs-ft of torque.

These increases had a significant impact on performance. Quarter mile times were under fourteen seconds and zero to sixty times of less than five seconds were recorded. The Grand National was faster than the 1986 Corvette, 1986 Camaro, 1986 Firebird and the 1986 Mustang. The car was almost two seconds faster than its corporate cousin, Monte Carlo SS, in the quarter mile. It was the fastest production car made in America in 1986. Customers began to take notice and sales more than doubled to 5,512. More Grand Nationals were built in 1986 than were built in 1984 and 1985 combined.

You & purpleragedad should take turns kicking each other's ####!😋

You & purpleragedad should take turns kicking each other's ####!

Will date myself with this.....we would have looked like....Bluto and popeye...with the "ce-bu-play" kicking each other after Oliveoil....fell for the American GI cartoon....yes I still TRY and kick myself...but this "darn" arthritis keeps me in check for not having the flexibility to kick high enough!!!!

Will date myself with this.....we would have looked like....Bluto and popeye...with the "ce-bu-play" kicking each other after Oliveoil....fell for the American GI cartoon....yes I still TRY and kick myself...but this "darn" arthritis keeps me in check for not having the flexibility to kick high enough!!!!

😜

Same here Carth.....I am out of words to describe how I feel.....when I retire and cash my Wal-Mart stocks in...I WILL BUY MY 69 BACK OR GET ONE CLOSE TO WHAT i HAD!!!!!!....will be the fastest OLD MAN around!!!!!...will probably have to "buy" some hair so it will blow back when I step on the gas!!!!

Same here Carth.....I am out of words to describe how I feel.....when I retire and cash my Wal-Mart stocks in...I WILL BUY MY 69 BACK OR GET ONE CLOSE TO WHAT i HAD!!!!!!....will be the fastest OLD MAN around!!!!!...will probably have to "buy" some hair so it will blow back when I step on the gas!!!!

Good luck with that!😋

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...