White Oak-Paris

Sportsfanatic1

People if you have not seen W.O. play you ought to come to this warmup game saturday at 1:30 in W.O.

I saw the previous two White Oak-Paris matches back in August at the Prosper Tournament. White Oak is everything they're billed to be: very talented, very deep, very experienced. Paris stunned them by winning the first game in pool play, 25-20, and that served as a wakeup call the rest of the tournament. White Oak is 39-1 for the year and has dropped just 6 games overall so they're not used to losing a game, much less a match. White Oak ran away with game 2, 25-10, then won the key points down the stretch in game 3, 25-17, to win the pool match. After Paris upset host Prosper in the championship bracket quarters, Paris and White Oak met again in the championship final and White Oak prevailed, 25-16, 25-18.

Paris has improved since then and is now 4th ranked in Class 3A, 35-3 overall, and on a 21-match win streak. White Oak is on a 29-match win streak, I believe, and no doubt has improved since August, too.

Paris is looking at a potential regional semifinal match with #1 Lucas Lovejoy, and wanted a tough warmup match. It may mean another loss to the record and the end of the win streak, but White Oak will provide a good measuring stick.

This should be about as good a high school volleyball matchup as you'll find in East Texas.

I saw the previous two White Oak-Paris matches back in August at the Prosper Tournament. White Oak is everything they're billed to be: very talented, very deep, very experienced. Paris stunned them by winning the first game in pool play, 25-20, and that served as a wakeup call the rest of the tournament. White Oak is 39-1 for the year and has dropped just 6 games overall so they're not used to losing a game, much less a match. White Oak ran away with game 2, 25-10, then won the key points down the stretch in game 3, 25-17, to win the pool match. After Paris upset host Prosper in the championship bracket quarters, Paris and White Oak met again in the championship final and White Oak prevailed, 25-16, 25-18.

Paris has improved since then and is now 4th ranked in Class 3A, 35-3 overall, and on a 21-match win streak. White Oak is on a 29-match win streak, I believe, and no doubt has improved since August, too.

Paris is looking at a potential regional semifinal match with #1 Lucas Lovejoy, and wanted a tough warmup match. It may mean another loss to the record and the end of the win streak, but White Oak will provide a good measuring stick.

This should be about as good a high school volleyball matchup as you'll find in East Texas.

Agreed!

I too went to the WO / Paris match yesterday. I have been wanting to see Paris play. Paris has a very solid team and are well deserving of their ranking. I am glad i had the opportunity to watch them. Unless Paris has a let down along the way, I look for them to make it to that semi-final match against Lovejoy. I don't care what anyone says,.......you still have to play the games. Good Luck to Paris in the playoffs.

Paris didn't play White Oak for the 3rd time this year to pad the record. They know Lovejoy will be waiting in the semis. It may be a very slim chance, but these are senior girls who want to be as ready as possible. Good luck to everyone in Region 2-3A. See you in Commerce.