Pittsburg vs Gilmer

Buckeyebaseball21

Gilmer lost by 21 points to Carthage. It could've been worse, but..........in the Buckeyes' defense, they had SEVEN starters out in that game, and an eighth starter that only saw the field a couple of plays in the 3rd quarter. The Buckeyes also had FIVE turnovers. Not a good formula for success against any team, especially good teams like Carthage, Tatum, or Jacksonville. That is why I have said that turnovers are key in this game. If the Buckeyes can HANG ONTO THE BALL they will likely win. If they can't, Pittsburg will probably win. The Buckeyes MUST also pressure the QB defensively, and limit the big play. I think these Buckeyes are a completely different team than the one that played Carthage because they are getting healthy. Getting Gus and Chris Miller back has been HUGE. They provide much needed leadership for this team. I think the Buckeyes take care of business this week against the Pirates. :thumbsup: Don't care what the score is so long as it is a Buckeye victory.... :coolio:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really am not sure that it will a high scoring game. When it comes to winning big games I believe that the defense has to come thru in a big way. I know that Pitt has not shut people down but we did hold Gladewater to one offensive TD and they have (IMO) the best back in the district. From what little that I know about football you try to take the best players that the offense has and look at their best plays and make the offense do something different. In other words, you have to get them out of their comfort zone. I think that could very well happen and it turns out to be more of a defensive battle. That is easier said than done but very possible. (ie shutting down Pitts passing game) But I am not so sure that our running game hasn't improved to the point that the DC will have to stop both.

Gilmer lost by 21 points to Carthage. It could've been worse, but..........in the Buckeyes' defense, they had SEVEN starters out in that game, and an eighth starter that only saw the field a couple of plays in the 3rd quarter. The Buckeyes also had FIVE turnovers. Not a good formula for success against any team, especially good teams like Carthage, Tatum, or Jacksonville. That is why I have said that turnovers are key in this game. If the Buckeyes can HANG ONTO THE BALL they will likely win. If they can't, Pittsburg will probably win. The Buckeyes MUST also pressure the QB defensively, and limit the big play. I think these Buckeyes are a completely different team than the one that played Carthage because they are getting healthy. Getting Gus and Chris Miller back has been HUGE. They provide much needed leadership for this team. I think the Buckeyes take care of business this week against the Pirates. :thumbsup: Don't care what the score is so long as it is a Buckeye victory.... :coolio:
I completely understand..Out of the 3 loses the Pirates have had this year they have had multiple turnovers and penalties..Guess thats to be expected though--I am hoping the Pirate O-line holds early while our offense finds their rhythm..Once rolling Pitt is hard to stop. :thumbsup: The last thing Pitt needs while playing Gilmer is a turnover early on in the game..The big play will come soon after..If Pitt avoids turnovers and substains their drives ,they will be fine..If not it will be a dogfight..

It is funny how that crazy shaped football bounces at times and you never know how 16,17 and 18 year old kids play on Friday nights. Let's play the game and see how the ball bounces and which kids show-out. Turnovers and who controls the ball on offense will decide who wins. Pitt shocks the district and Henderson stays home.

So Henderson will get beat by Gladewater? :hmm:

I really am not sure that it will a high scoring game. When it comes to winning big games I believe that the defense has to come thru in a big way. I know that Pitt has not shut people down but we did hold Gladewater to one offensive TD and they have (IMO) the best back in the district. From what little that I know about football you try to take the best players that the offense has and look at their best plays and make the offense do something different. In other words, you have to get them out of their comfort zone. I think that could very well happen and it turns out to be more of a defensive battle. That is easier said than done but very possible. (ie shutting down Pitts passing game) But I am not so sure that our running game hasn't improved to the point that the DC will have to stop both.

I just hope that the same team that showed up to play Carthage does not show up to play Gilmer. If they do, it will be ugly

If the team that shows up is the team that played the first 3 quarters againt Henderson, Pittsburg will be in the playoffs!

I know that Pitt has not shut people down but we did hold Gladewater to one offensive TD and they have (IMO) the best back in the district. .

the only thing that Gwater has is the Davis boys....... IF you can stop the Gilmer run game, fine, we will go to the air, there are too many weapons that our O has to pick and choose from...... in the games as of late, we have focused more on the run and small screens which has been key for those games..... who knows what JT will do this week........... other than get ready for the playoffs.......

The Buckeyes have overcome a lot this year, i.e. injuries, lack of experience, lack of depth, lots of mistakes (turnovers, penalties, dropped passes), to get to this point. They are now starting to get healthy (at the right time, I might add), getting a lot of experience in tight games, developing depth due to having to plug in new players because of injuries, and making fewer mistakes as a result. This team is one win away from the playoffs. The "Gap Soldiers" is definitely a fitting motto this year! Let's remove ALL DOUBT this Friday. GO BUCKEYES!!!

So Henderson will get beat by Gladewater? :hmm:

If Henderson can't stop #22, yeah Gladewater will win. Henderson has a lot more depth than Gladewater but I think that Henderson might be ripe for an upset. JMO. This game could be a very high scoring game. Henderson does have more talent.

We just need to make sure we all clean up after the game and don't leave Gilmer with any of those Bed Bugs.... lol :highfive:

:yawn:

Yep. I heard they migrated from Pittsburg. :icon_eek: Please clean up BEFORE you leave Pittsburg! :o They are some of the same mites that are on all those chickens. I believe I'll definitely take my chances and stay on the Gilmer side of the stadium. :smirk:

Yep. I heard they migrated from Pittsburg. :icon_eek: Please clean up BEFORE you leave Pittsburg! :o They are some of the same mites that are on all those chickens. I believe I'll definitely take my chances and stay on the Gilmer side of the stadium. :smirk:

Do you guys have indoor restrooms yet? And that creek water that yall bath in...I just hope that the wind is blowing away from our stands

Do you guys have indoor restrooms yet? And that creek water that yall bath in...I just hope that the wind is blowing away from our stands

Yep. We had indoor plumbing by the 1970s, and at least we do bathe, unlike you Yankees from north of Midway. All I'm saying is I certainly hope the wind is not blowing from the east during this game. If we're lucky, the wind will be blowing from the west. That way, all of us Gilmerites can load up on beans. :jawdrop:

Yep. We had indoor plumbing by the 1970s, and at least we do bathe, unlike you Yankees from north of Midway. All I'm saying is I certainly hope the wind is not blowing from the east during this game. If we're lucky, the wind will be blowing from the west. That way, all of us Gilmerites can load up on beans. :jawdrop:

I am just glad that it has rained and I know all of you creek bed people played in the rain and now you don't have to wait until Saturday to bath! Looking forward to coming down south again. I have not been to your stadium in a long time. Do you still have that homemade lye soap?

I am just glad that it has rained and I know all of you creek bed people played in the rain and now you don't have to wait until Saturday to bath! Looking forward to coming down south again. I have not been to your stadium in a long time. Do you still have that homemade lye soap?

I have you know I took a bath last night! :jawdrop: It was raining hard enough that I didn't even have to go down to the creek! :w00t: Y'all come on down to Buckeye Stadium. How long has it been since you've been there? And the lye soap is still available.......even have some with real pumice for you gritty, grimy types! :whome:

I have you know I took a bath last night! :jawdrop: It was raining hard enough that I didn't even have to go down to the creek! :w00t: Y'all come on down to Buckeye Stadium. How long has it been since you've been there? And the lye soap is still available.......even have some with real pumice for you gritty, grimy types! :whome:

I am not sure how long it has been. I never understood why we didn't continue to play each other. The same could be said about Pitt playing Mt. Pleasant. The gates would have been large and it would have made for better football back then. It has been since before you got turf. Seriously, we do have a very strong district and whoever wins will get East Texas support. GO PITT!!!

That wouldnt help us out any, we'd need to win by 3... how about

42 to 38 :thumbsup:

For some reason I still come up with the number 2 to win by. Is there someone in this district that understands how the point system works? I don't think that it is as simple as the number of points that Henderson beat us by and the number of points that we beat Gilmer by and so forth. Research is not my strong point. But I can smell a Buckeye if the wind is blowing toward our stands!!!!

I think Pitt comes out and plays more focused than usual, wins the turnover battle, and takes this one in a huge upset.

Pirates 42

Buckeyes 40

Where are you from? Pitt or ? I think that there will be two upsets Friday night in our district. Gladewater over Henderson.